Thread is locked.

Battlefield 4 Night Operations Tactical Strategy

Wonxif
SE Enlisted: 2013-03-26
2015-08-11 16:04
What changes when playing a Battlefield 4™ map that takes place at night? How can you best exploit this new setting and come out the victor? This tactical guide will get you started and ready for nighttime play in Battlefield 4 Night Operations when it releases in September 2015.

http://bit.ly/1DKznpS [bit.ly]

ON THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
The new night map, Zavod: Graveyard Shift (based off of Zavod 311), is dark and has several differences to its daylight counterpart.

Here are some examples:

Destructible lights
At night, the map is littered with destructible lights, which you can use to your advantage. Want to make sure you gain the upper hand using night vision scopes? Take all lights out in an area and prey on your enemies!

Ground Level fog
At night, the exterior areas are blanketed in a thick fog – this fog makes it very hard to spot players on the ground from above – unless you sport a night vision scope…

Vehicle lights
All vehicles have lights, which makes anyone inside an easy target – don’t use vehicles if you want to stay hidden!

Flanking routes
With darkness descending on the map, using flanking routes on the side of the map is a very viable tactic to get around the center area and take a backside objective from the enemy.

Use new Gun Master to your advantage
We’ve added a new Gun Master weapon preset with night vision and utility in mind – use to practice night time play if you haven’t unlocked all the needed gadgets yet. It really shines when played on the alternate Gun Master layout on Zavod: Graveyard Shift!

STEALTH GAMEPLAY AND TACTICS

Battlefield 4 Night Operations release includes several improvements to “gadgets of the night” and their usability on the Battlefield.

Think about what cues you give off:

Sprinting
Gets you quickly from point A to B, but makes footstep sounds which makes you easy to pinpoint and prey on.

Vehicle usage
Being in a vehicle normally means relative safety, but headlights and engine sounds put a rather large target on your back

Flashlight, laser, and other weapon attachments
While great help in an engagement, they draw attention to your position and exact location.

http://bit.ly/1IHQKV8 [bit.ly]

RECOMMENDED COMBINATIONS AND COUNTERS

Smoke + Nightvision scopes
An oldie but goodie, chuck a smoke grenade into an area and using your night vision scope to pick off unsuspecting enemies. This works best in narrow passages, like the underground tunnel between C & D for instance.

Flare + LMG
Used as a Smoke + Nightvision counter, Flares negate the positive aspects of night vision scopes, and you’ll be able to blanket the area with bullets as it’s engulfed in smoke.

Flashbangs + Shotgun/PDW
A tactic viable in both and nighttime play. Using a flashbang against a night scope user gives you a significant advantage in the dark, even more so than using a flashbang under normal conditions. Clean it up with a well-placed shotgun blast and you’re deadlier than ever.

Dirty, dirty claymores & mines
Claymores are very effective at nighttime, especially if you are being hunted. Remember to use sounds to your advantage, or why not your flashlight? AT Mines are also very effective in negating that pesky tank, but they do have a new little red blinky light attached to them, so you’re not all out of luck if you’re controlling a vehicle if you keep your eyes peeled!

We hope that this information equips you the tools you need for the night time playstyle.

See you during the Graveyard Shift!
Battlefield Engagement Manager @EA_DICE, find me on Twitter @TheFixnow!
Cryphisss
SE Enlisted: 2012-10-03
2015-08-11 16:15
Looking forward to this! Some good tips featured in this post.
I am a Battlelog Moderator and do not officially represent EA/DICE/VISCERAL. Blue post = action taken in line with the rules, non-blue posts are my own posts.
DestronDeadEnd
Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2015-08-11 16:32
Dirty Dirty Claymores indeed. Dice pls.
Can't wait to be honest. A new experience for the Battlefield. Also, how in the hell is there a scope glint at night?
Nevaar_rgh
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-08-11 17:24
Is this going to be a mandatory install, under the false pretense of being an update? Do we get a choice as to whether or not you pollute our harddisks with more BattleCrap4 bugs? Should we just uninstall now and wait until the 'patch' is patched (like the last 3 'updates / improvements' ) ? Tune in next month when Battlefield fails hard (again).
GloriousVictors
Enlisted: 2013-06-02
2015-08-11 17:26
Can't wait for it to hit the game!
Anyone know when its gonna be released?
WM-0204
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-08-12 02:44
Is it possible to leave a suggestion since its on topic. Make flash lights and taclights more effective against FLIR/IRNV.

2 ways I can see it working, flashlight shorter range but broad area and bounces off of smoke (whites it out) taclight longer range very narrow arc but can slightly piece the smoke but both mess with Night Vision.

or

The flashlight has a longer range broad reach illuminates an area more but isn't as blinding. Taclight short range and narrower area but super blinding.
Wonxif
SE Enlisted: 2013-03-26
2015-08-12 08:27
Nevaar_rgh said:
Is this going to be a mandatory install, under the false pretense of being an update? Do we get a choice as to whether or not you pollute our harddisks with more BattleCrap4 bugs? Should we just uninstall now and wait until the 'patch' is patched (like the last 3 'updates / improvements' ) ? Tune in next month when Battlefield fails hard (again).

You always have the choice of not installing updates you know!
Battlefield Engagement Manager @EA_DICE, find me on Twitter @TheFixnow!
williamsdavi316
Enlisted: 2015-07-01
2015-08-12 08:58
Fixnow said:
What changes when playing a Battlefield 4™ map that takes place at night? How can you best exploit this new setting and come out the victor? This tactical guide will get you started and ready for nighttime play in Battlefield 4 Night Operations when it releases in September 2015.

ON THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
The new night map, Zavod: Graveyard Shift (based off of Zavod 311), is dark and has several differences to its daylight counterpart.

Here are some examples:

Destructible lights
At night, the map is littered with destructible lights, which you can use to your advantage. Want to make sure you gain the upper hand using night vision scopes? Take all lights out in an area and prey on your enemies!

Ground Level fog
At night, the exterior areas are blanketed in a thick fog – this fog makes it very hard to spot players on the ground from above – unless you sport a night vision scope…

Vehicle lights
All vehicles have lights, which makes anyone inside an easy target – don’t use vehicles if you want to stay hidden!

Flanking routes
With darkness descending on the map, using flanking routes on the side of the map is a very viable tactic to get around the center area and take a backside objective from the enemy.

We’ve added a new Gun Master weapon preset with night vision and utility in mind – use to practice night time play if you haven’t unlocked all the needed gadgets yet. It really shines when played on the alternate Gun Master layout on Zavod: Graveyard Shift!

Battlefield 4 Night Operations release includes several improvements to “gadgets of the night” and their usability on the Battlefield.

Sprinting
Gets you quickly from point A to B, but makes footstep sounds which makes you easy to pinpoint and prey on.

Vehicle usage
Being in a vehicle normally means relative safety, but headlights and engine sounds put a rather large target on your back

While great help in an engagement, they draw attention to your position and exact location.

An oldie but goodie, chuck a smoke grenade into an area and using your night vision scope to pick off unsuspecting enemies. This works best in narrow passages, like the underground tunnel between C & D for instance.

Flare + LMG
Used as a Smoke + Nightvision counter, Flares negate the positive aspects of night vision scopes, and you’ll be able to blanket the area with bullets as it’s engulfed in smoke.

Flashbangs + Shotgun/PDW
A tactic viable in both and nighttime play. Using a flashbang against a night scope user gives you a significant advantage in the dark, even more so than using a flashbang under normal conditions. Clean it up with a well-placed shotgun blast and you’re deadlier than ever.

Claymores are very effective at nighttime, especially if you are being hunted. Remember to use sounds to your advantage, or why not your flashlight? AT Mines are also very effective in negating that pesky tank, but they do have a new little red blinky light attached to them, so you’re not all out of luck if you’re controlling a vehicle if you keep your eyes peeled!

We hope that this information equips you the tools you need for the night time playstyle.

jhoads
US Enlisted: 2013-01-18
2015-08-12 21:18 , edited 2015-08-12 21:21 by jhoads
Fixnow said:
Nevaar_rgh said:
You always have the choice of not installing updates you know!
Agreed...And You also have a choice to not read,,or comment in certain threads as well...Dont like the game...dont play it..
1313_Odin
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-02
2015-08-12 21:23
Though i am looking forward to this update. I ask the question how is this a new map, all you have done is make a old level night time and add some fog that doesn't deem it a new map you could of atleast have done 4 old maps if you were going to be lazy about it.
female_statuss
Enlisted: 2013-03-21
2015-08-13 11:51
Im soooo excited! Good job devs! Battlefied is LOVE!
WidowMakerX187
US Enlisted: 2015-04-27
2015-08-13 14:20
1313_Odin said:
Though i am looking forward to this update. I ask the question how is this a new map, all you have done is make a old level night time and add some fog that doesn't deem it a new map you could of atleast have done 4 old maps if you were going to be lazy about it.
That comment is harsh. How many games out there, released 2(+)yrs ago have developers who listen to us the way DICE (and others involved) do!? If your even reading this comment, means you more than likely Love the game. Personally, I commend every one of them. From the epic and tragic beginnings theyve put up with dumb comments and public ridicule from a "can be" hostile bf4 fan club! But instead of a "haha, we already got ur $$ so blow it out your #*@" attitude, these guys ,I assume, love the game too. Why else listen and improve and tweak so much!? THANK YOU DICE, EA AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM CRITICS OF THE BF4 PEOPLE. Together our voices made a kick ass game! ((But their will always be an "unhappy, living with parents, unemployed" hater, telling you that your lazy )) ...yall should make a dog tag for them lol. Peace out Peeps]
AbDuLlH_SArEeM
SA Enlisted: 2012-07-23
2015-08-13 15:43
Fixnow said:

ON THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT

Here are some examples:

Destructible lights

Ground Level fog

Vehicle lights

Flanking routes

Sprinting

Vehicle usage

Flare + LMG

Flashbangs + Shotgun/PDW

thesparrowclan7
GB Enlisted: 2015-01-29
2015-08-13 17:04
Any way u can rush them on because the way I see it we will all be playing a new games before I released it COD3 fallout 4 star wars battlefront which you'll make a meal out of more patches than a quilt
Founder of BF4E casual Platoon PS4 BF4 premium maps
Shoxx-11
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-30
2015-08-13 19:51
It would be totally freakin awesome if the battle pick up weapon was a flamethrower dice pls
Nevaar_rgh
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-08-13 19:53
SandyJupiter51 said:
Together our voices made a kick ass game! ((But their will always be an "unhappy, living with parents, unemployed" hater, telling you that your lazy )) ...yall should make a dog tag for them lol. Peace out Peeps]

No, Together YOUR voices *ruined* BF4, which had been an otherwise OK game. OUR voices, on the other hand, have ensured that BFHL hit the ground at a dead stop - gonna do to Battlefront the same thing I did to Hardline; let someone else buy it for me (wasting their money not mine) then speak honestly about how bad it is, about the patches preventing the game from starting, the hackers, the campers, the kiddies, and the complete failure of any sort of teamplay (it is just another "multiplayer solitaire" game like BF4 has become). As for the dogtag, I had suggested one previously: A wood screw, a D6, and an unhappy EA customer bent over taking like a fanboy.
CHICKEN_FRIED_1
CA Enlisted: 2014-12-31
2015-08-14 00:32
What happen to that jungle map that we were supposed to get?
Roykiee010
Enlisted: 2015-03-19
2015-08-14 04:21
CHICKEN_FR_d489 said:
What happen to that jungle map that we were supposed to get?

There are still some invisible walls and stuff that needs to be removed and some things that still needs to be added. So probably another few months.
"Man or woman, young or old, my sights are steady, my trigger cold. walk or run, laugh or cry, your in my A.O., now you die!" 2 lines you should never cross... horizontal and vertical.
117_HoruS
FR Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2015-08-14 11:52
It would be nice to add some tutorial or advice about "how to use squad orders". It's rare squad leader use them, despite the fact it can give you a large number of points, and even make you win...
Roykiee010
Enlisted: 2015-03-19
2015-08-14 14:13
117_HoruS said:
It would be nice to add some tutorial or advice about "how to use squad orders". It's rare squad leader use them, despite the fact it can give you a large number of points, and even make you win...

I agree, I feel like the majority of the community doesn't even know this is possible. It's very frustrating playing every game with a team full of baboons.
"Man or woman, young or old, my sights are steady, my trigger cold. walk or run, laugh or cry, your in my A.O., now you die!" 2 lines you should never cross... horizontal and vertical.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.