Thread is locked.

Dragon Valley Easter Egg Map / Guide

PsychoDuckUK
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-06-15 08:51
JuanTacoPlz said:
Has this been patched in some sort of way because I believe the last two tries I have been activating lanterns, on the last switch, I somehow get extra lights to come on by default. I'm about to try this one more time to try and confirm that I'm just not crazy.

Update:
Yep, I'm definitely not crazy. Even double checked the recording to confirm my confusion. Jumped into server. Lanterns 1 and 10 were lit. Proceeded to go to H,A,B,C,D,E, and G in that order. Double checking that I had gotten the correct lanterns recorded and the switches were back to off before the next switch. Got to switch G and before pressing it, used my MAV to confirm that 1 and 10 were the only ones lit. I hit the switch, recorded the lit lanterns and was able to find no 3 switches to light all 20. Went back to G and turned it off. Switched to my MAV to discover that 3 more lanterns were lit in addition to 1 and 10.

Needless to say I'm left in frustration and confusion.

That is how its always worked after turning on/off the last button, any lights which are controlled by a single button will stay on even though all buttons are off.
JuanTacoPlz
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-15 19:00
PsychoDuckUK said:
That is how its always worked after turning on/off the last button, any lights which are controlled by a single button will stay on even though all buttons are off.

I don't think I'm quite understanding completely.
So every time I do this, when I hit the last switch, new lights will stay on by default? And so I need to keep the last switch on and go from there? I've been trying to do this solo because it doesn't seem that hard of a process at all. I'm just having trouble finding the combination to get all the lights on and these new lights are throwing me in a complete 180 so I'm tempted to begin asking for help if there's something I'm still not understanding here.
PsychoDuckUK
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-06-16 06:48 , edited 2016-06-16 06:50 by PsychoDuckUK
JuanTacoPlz said:
PsychoDuckUK said:
I don't think I'm quite understanding completely.
So every time I do this, when I hit the last switch, new lights will stay on by default? And so I need to keep the last switch on and go from there? I've been trying to do this solo because it doesn't seem that hard of a process at all. I'm just having trouble finding the combination to get all the lights on and these new lights are throwing me in a complete 180 so I'm tempted to begin asking for help if there's something I'm still not understanding here.

When the round starts, there will be default lights on between 1-3 lights. When you press a button the lights will change. When you get to which ever button was last once you turn it on / off any lights which are controlled by a single button will come on and stay on. So, you will no longer have the same lights as when the round started. Easiest way to solve the puzzle is to use one of the solver apps available. There is a solver app now available on the android play store which you can use from your phone/tablet, search for "BF4 Lantern", or if you find my server search for "psychoduck" in battlelog server browser you can solve the puzzle using in chat commands. If you get stuck send me a message and I will try to help.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.