Thread is locked.

I need help from expert sniper players

EliteLima
PT Enlisted: 2014-11-12
2016-06-15 13:58 , edited 2016-06-15 13:59 by EliteLima
Hi guys, i recently join the sniper world in this game.
I never played it to much cause it was making me win low points per minute, since i would fail all shots.
But now i discovered (unlocked) my baby SRR-61, i'm not sure if it's the best sniper, or if it's one of the worses but in 2 days i made almost 100 kills with it, i just love it.
My probleme is, i usually kill people with headshots in ranges between 150-250m, so i rarely use the V option to change the distance on the scope, when you kill someone who is at more then 500m, you change the scope or you just count the lines down the aim and since you are experts you shot doing the math?
Any other opinion i would appreciate, you can check my sniper loadout btw...i think its fine, and from now on ill love to use MAV on RUSH matches xD so many spoting rainbows

P.s: sorry for bad english

thanks in advance
EliteLima
xTek4x
US Enlisted: 2013-10-02
2016-06-15 15:24
Welcome to sniping. If you're sniping on normal mode than you're already at a disadvantage because you're not able to utilize the inherent advantage of what a sniper gun is supposed to bring. One shot kill ability and deadly accuracy, but at the cost of how fast you can shoot because it's a bolt. For sniping I would play hardcore where the gun actually has one hit kill ability. But each player has their preference on which style to play. I like hardcore better than normal, but you might like normal better. To each their own.

If you're playing conquest and hiding among hills and tree's and not helping control the flow of the enemy or capturing flags, then you're not playing sniper correctly.

The SRR-61 is a good gun. Each sniper gun has characteristics that will fit certain play styles. For instance, CS5 or M40 for close up CQC due to the fast rechambering time. M98B for long range due to the fast bullet and damage at range. But it has slow rechamber time.

1. Don't sit in one spot for the match and shoot at moving targets at a range. You're chances of hitting go way down, and if on normal mode your chance of a headshot become even more unlikely. And if you do hit, you won't have the damage output to kill that person, even on hardcore. Only shoot at range if shooting at a stationary sniper so you can hit him in the head. Otherwise, keep moving around and keep your shots within 200m so that you can utilize better accuracy.

2. Don't use the bipod. Use straight pull only. Bipod will only get you killed.

3. Figure out what scope you like to use that fits your style. ACOG, 6x, 8x, etc.

4. My opinion is laser sights do more harm then good by alerting the enemy to your presence thus making it more difficult to shoot them. But they have their uses, like countering flir/irnv scopes. I run a flash hider on mine.

5. Suppressors slow the bullet down a lot making it much more difficult to hit at range. Up to you if you want to use one, but in my experience my opinion is they do not help one bit.

6. Learn how to quick scope.

7. Learn how to drag shoot.

8. Don't listen to people whining about you using a sniper gun on the forums or in game. As long as you're helping your team people won't care.
EliteLima
2016-06-15 16:00
1st of all, thanks for the reply.
2nd what is a drag shoot?
3rd is quick scope killing without using the scope?
4th i never played in hardcore, is it really 1 shot 1 kill with bolt action rifle? there's no friendly fire there?
Thanks
CheshireMoe
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-15 16:56
Drag shot is a short to medium range technique for snipers in close combat. There are some good youtube videos of it.

Quick scope is part of the drag shot but is more basic component: This is lining up your shot before you look down scope so that you can quickly look down scope, fire and go back rifle at your hip. The purpose is to stay highly mobile on your feet. When your looking down scope your movements are slower and you don't have any peripheral vision. The less time you spend finding your target in the scope the less time the enemy has to shoot at a motionless target.

A lot of players don't like hard core because of the imbalance of snipers being 1 ohk. There are a lot of other differences like friendly fire on in hardcore,no 3d spotting & no mini map. You should do a search to learn all of the differences.
http://plays.tv/u/CheshireMoe http://www.team-deliverance.com/index.php
EliteLima
2016-06-15 17:26
Thanks guys
xTek4x
2016-06-15 17:52 , edited 2016-06-15 17:53 by xTek4x
EliteLima said:
1st of all, thanks for the reply.
2nd what is a drag shoot?
3rd is quick scope killing without using the scope?
4th i never played in hardcore, is it really 1 shot 1 kill with bolt action rifle? there's no friendly fire there?
Thanks

Just going to expand a little one what Cheshire wrote.

Drag shooting is when you scope in you see your target, but you're not on point, you immediately, and accurately move the crosshairs to them and shoot as the crosshairs go across the target. You're not necessarily stopping the crosshairs on the target. You have to learn the rifle to get good with doing this as it's not as accurate as just holding breath with crosshairs steady on target. You have to compensate for enemy movement and speed of your bullet (since some bolt guns have faster shots).

Quick scoping is where you start to ADS but shoot immediately... sometimes not even having the scope all the way up to look through. I run a 6x scope and canted iron sights and quickscope more with the canted as it keeps my peripheral vision. But it's a feel a lot of times to know when to shoot as you start ADSing because you might or might not have the gun lined up just right.

Hardcore does have friendly fire. But for me this makes the game better. Sniper bolt guns do kill in 1-shot on the body as long as you're within the range before the bolt guns damage drops below 60. I survive bolt shots at range all the time because of the damage drop off. Look at the CS5 and what it does at range on Smythic.

While people might not like the one hill kill aspect of bolt guns in hardcore, those of us using bolts still have to deal with supression while trying to shoot accurately and most importantly, when going against automatics or semi-automatics, if we miss our initial shot, most times we will die because we just cannot rechamber another round fast enough. So it's a give and take.
EliteLima
2016-06-15 18:41
thanks! the drag shot will be hard to learn i see lol
ssSkull
US Enlisted: 2012-04-20
2016-06-15 19:00
Sniping is hard on normal, simple on hardcore. You'll develop hardcore laziness, and when you wonder into a normal game, you'll get murdered. Practice on normal mode, it'll teach you to assume you are constantly spotted and have to relocate after every kill, as you're supposed to. Most HC only snipers can get away with an entire round without moving from one hill. If you're good in normal mode, you're automatically better in HC mode.
i5 3570k @ 4.3Ghz - Gigabyte Z77X D3H - Gigabyte GTX970 G1 rev 1.1 - 16Gb (4 x 4Gb) 1600 Kingston HyperX - Xigmatek NRP 750w - Samsung Evo 500Gb + 4x 500Gb HDD - ASUS VX238 (1ms)+ 2x Acer 22" (5ms) - Logitech G19 + G502 + G430.
xTek4x
2016-06-15 21:02
ssSkull said:
Most HC only snipers can get away with an entire round without moving from one hill. If you're good in normal mode, you're automatically better in HC mode.

No they can't. The same tactic applies that if you shoot 1-3 times you better move. Sniping tactics are the same in HC as it is in normal... only in HC snipers shots actually kill you if you get hit within decent range... as it should be. Players in HC know how to actually use their eyes to spot a sniper that doesn't have a dorito over their head.
EliteLima
2016-06-16 07:56
hmmmmm
CalmMelody
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2016-06-16 09:01
Personally, I wouldn't recommend learning the quick scope thing. Its not that useful in a game that has no aim assist. That said, I would advise to only fire the gun while ADSing. Also, learn to get good and accurate with sidearms, you might find that you are using them as much, if not more then your rifle.
tokrot
SG Enlisted: 2013-08-17
2016-06-16 09:36
Where's Proven_Enough when we need him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5oE5yeLRQ
CheshireMoe
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-16 14:09
CalmMelody said:
Personally, I wouldn't recommend learning the quick scope thing. Its not that useful in a game that has no aim assist. That said, I would advise to only fire the gun while ADSing. Also, learn to get good and accurate with sidearms, you might find that you are using them as much, if not more then your rifle.

Except that Quick scoping is "ADSing". The concept is to be on target or close to it before you eyes down sight so that you spend less time with blinders on looking down sight and exposed. Quick Scope is not for your long range shots, it is for things closer. It works with or with out aim assist. Less time looking down scope means that you shoot sooner and get back to cover sooner. If your 500m from any flag then no one cares because you don't make much of a difference to the win or loss anyway and you can take all the time you want to line up your shot on all the other snipers that are doing squat.
http://plays.tv/u/CheshireMoe http://www.team-deliverance.com/index.php
TheDKQ
DK Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-06-16 14:45
Question is, do you mean sniping as real "sniping", or COD quick scoping? There´s a difference.

If you want to quick scope etc. As a battlefield veteran I´d tell you to return to COD.

Now if you want to snipe there are some basic things that you have to remember:

1. Distance is your friend. You want to be so far away from the enemy that they can/have a very hard time shooting back at you. But too much distance is a problem, as that will leave you inaffective if you can´t hit your targets.
2. Bipod or straight pull? - As a "sniper" I always use the bipod, as I won´t have to think about the sway that will become problematic at a distance. If you are in a city or <250 then yeah, you could use a straight pull as you will need to move around.
3. The range finder is great at a distance, as it will help you acurately get the distance to the target. Knowing the distance is key, it is the difference between a headshot and a kill, or a body shot and no kill.
4. Head- or body shot? I always aim for the head, but if you are in a target rich environment body shots can be more usefull. The head is a small target and hard to hit, especially when people jump around, center mass is a bigger target you can hit.

5. All this really depend on how you want to play the game though. I hope you could use my tips :)
6. Have fun :)
I am a Viking
xTek4x
2016-06-16 15:14
TheDKQ said:
Question is, do you mean sniping as real "sniping", or COD quick scoping? There´s a difference.

If you want to quick scope etc. As a battlefield veteran I´d tell you to return to COD.

This isn't COD. This is BF4 and a completely different game. Sniping is still sniping. Just because you don't like the way sniping is in this game doesn't mean it's not sniping.

TheDKQ said:
1. Distance is your friend. You want to be so far away from the enemy that they can/have a very hard time shooting back at you. But too much distance is a problem, as that will leave you inaffective if you can´t hit your targets.

I disagree completely and would not recommend anyone to do this. Sniping in this game at ranges over 200 to 250m is a complete waste of time and no help to your team. Even in hardcore when you start shooting over 250m it takes 2 shots to kill unless you get them in the head. And shooting people that are generally moving makes it more and more likely that you MISS, much less hit them in the head.

The only time i'll take a shot at extreme ranges is when I see a sniper completely still trying to trying to hit people at extreme ranges. Those shots allow you to put on in their melon.

Optimum distance for a sniper gun is 100-200m.

TheDKQ said:
2. Bipod or straight pull? - As a "sniper" I always use the bipod, as I won´t have to think about the sway that will become problematic at a distance. If you are in a city or <250 then yeah, you could use a straight pull as you will need to move around.

Bipods get you killed. If you're wanting to do the not helping game, not getting many kills approach of shooting at long ranges then yeah, go bipod. But i'll hit you with my straight pull in the head. Bipods make you stationary, and with a sniper gun being stationary equals death.

TheDKQ said:
3. The range finder is great at a distance, as it will help you acurately get the distance to the target. Knowing the distance is key, it is the difference between a headshot and a kill, or a body shot and no kill.

Again, distance. And distance is bad. If someone wants to use a range finder, that's their choice, and can help them judge distances faster when moving around.

TheDKQ said:
4. Head- or body shot? I always aim for the head, but if you are in a target rich environment body shots can be more usefull. The head is a small target and hard to hit, especially when people jump around, center mass is a bigger target you can hit.

Yes, the head is a smaller target, and harder to hit. Which goes into NOT shooting long range shots because the probability to hit that small target on a moving object at long range becomes small and not efficient.

TheDKQ said:
5. All this really depend on how you want to play the game though. I hope you could use my tips :)

I agree. Everyone plays how they want as it's their game. And while I hate seeing snipers sit on towers or sit on hills way far way, it is their game. But that's not helping the team, and it's not being efficient at being a sniper.

TheDKQ said:
6. Have fun :)

Absolutely! Everyone finds their own way to have fun. Mine's sniping and i'm good at it. :)
IlIChraMoXIlI
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-06-16 15:43 , edited 2016-06-16 15:46 by IlIChraMoXIlI
1: stick with 1 scope, dont change it all the time.
2: and use 1 sniper rifle, helps you remember gun bullet drop/muzzle velocity (if you want change, then change and start learning again because of difference)
3: bind "primary weapon switch" in mouse (side buttons ect.) good for closer range if you miss (or player uses defensive perk)
4: learn atleast drag shot. and then if you want to closer range: quickscope.
5: play how you feel is good for sniping.

almost forget 1 thing: if you want to play OP metro: aim before coming corner.
Win 10 - cpu: Intel I7 5820k 4GHz - gigabyte 980ti g1 gaming - 8gb ddr4 ram - Evga supernova 750 g2 - Asus x99-1/usb3.1 - Phanteks evolv atx - Samsung 950 pro 256gb (2200 read/ 900 Write) - 1tb - 300gb
EliteLima
2016-06-16 17:08 , edited 2016-06-16 17:08 by EliteLima
wow i love the discussion running around here
btw, what means ADSing? im not english so i dont understand some words or expressions
IlIChraMoXIlI
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-06-16 18:17
ADS = aim down sight
Win 10 - cpu: Intel I7 5820k 4GHz - gigabyte 980ti g1 gaming - 8gb ddr4 ram - Evga supernova 750 g2 - Asus x99-1/usb3.1 - Phanteks evolv atx - Samsung 950 pro 256gb (2200 read/ 900 Write) - 1tb - 300gb
ScoobyFknDoo
Enlisted: 2015-12-06
2016-06-17 08:50
Pick the 8 times rifle scope for Long range and 14x zoom. I would stick with it but you can also use 7 or 6 x scope for close combat maps like locker or pearl or use these scopes on rifles that aren't one kill headshots. ( Do keep this in mind that some like the FY-JS, Scoute elite, SSR338 Doesn't kill with a head shot after a certain distance ( +/- 100 meters I thought it was ) you will need to shoot them twice in the head. ( this sucks, we know )

I prefer straight pull and no Bi-pot. Bipot only use full for Really LONG range sniping, because you will be stationary for most of the time.

Spot people, especially after you missed or just one hit your target. Big change some one will shoot them and you still get some point or even kills.

No need to press "V" you will learn on how high to aim after a while of using the Rifle. So pick one you like ( The SSR 61 is the best for long range, because it has the lowest Bullet drop ) and there is no need for "math "or pressing V or even a Range finder. You will learn these things just by using your weapon and shooting it allot.
Also, it saves time by not needing to press V or doing math.

Riffles with high muzzle velocity are the best for shooting Moving targets and long distance ( also Choppers ) like The Gol, M98, 61, JN-90 ( no 8x scope unlocked at start of the JN-90 but it is a really nice weapon )

Stay behind your squad mates, so you can kill the guy's they are in combat with, and so they can spawn at you when they die.

Move after you kill someone. And know that everybody you aim at can see you because of the scope glint ( this also really sucks )

For me the most satisfying kill is one moving target with a headshot. Or even better, a chopper pilot.

And most important have fun !!!
Kaceon
Enlisted: 2014-06-24
2016-06-17 09:02
your talking about years of sniping in bf games for the experience some people have lol

I know i can actually guess the shot about 65% of the time, with the 8x scope from shanghai buildings to the ground

the lines are there or notches depending witch scope, for guessing your next shot or first if your good at eyeing distance

this is what i do, but for like using meter counter thats like for extremely long shots id say like from one side of large conquest map to the other

lol hope this helps

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.