Thread is locked.

BF4 Beta Feedback

Flyingsquirlz
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-31 05:27
KoningStoma said:
When using an Xbox controller on PC, the left trigger will always force free look in a vehicle. Even when free look is not set to the left trigger.

When holding the left trigger, it won't let me control the vehicle.

Absolutely correct, I am amazed that the left trigger cannot be unbound. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Seriously, it is completely unacceptable. If I want to revert back to BF3 controls instead of the HORRIBLE BF4 vehicle controls, I have to keep the left trigger always on free look apparently. Also, in the tank I have to zoom in every time I want to reverse....that is what happens when I made my reverse button the left trigger (which is what it should be). DICE, fix this....or I want my fucking money back.
Corbac_Aymen
FR Enlisted: 2011-11-16
2013-11-01 10:26
Flyingsquirlz said:
KoningStoma said:
When using an Xbox controller on PC, the left trigger will always force free look in a vehicle. Even when free look is not set to the left trigger.

When holding the left trigger, it won't let me control the vehicle.
Absolutely correct, I am amazed that the left trigger cannot be unbound. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Seriously, it is completely unacceptable. If I want to revert back to BF3 controls instead of the HORRIBLE BF4 vehicle controls, I have to keep the left trigger always on free look apparently. Also, in the tank I have to zoom in every time I want to reverse....that is what happens when I made my reverse button the left trigger (which is what it should be). DICE, fix this....or I want my fucking money back.

Yep, they have to fix it, such a simple problem for a big game ... DICE logic
They did it for the ps3/xbox360, 2 layouts, why they didn't make this option or make the mapping 100% working
ssaass1
US Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2013-11-03 04:59
what I experience:

1. either I'm suck at aim it with tank or the EOD bot was indestructible? try to aim the body, no damage indicator, aim the ground no damage indicator...

2. there is a chance if you suddenly d/c, and reconnect again to the same server, the right below indicator (health, ammo) couldn't be seen + "V" on vehicle to rotate view also cannot be use + red indicator for enemy also couldn't be seen + cross aim also couldn't be seen + center message if there is command to "counter knife".

3. mortar, cannot be aim and kill with sniper? what I see on enemy that use mortar, is only mortar it self w/o player who behind it to aim like BF3

4. on options, I hope there is a way to erase the bound... since I tried to switch binding keys, it always duplicate, unless you switch to other keys. +for mouse its kind of hard because its only tell " X 0 axis" whether its up or down, and "Y 0 axis" for left and right.

5. is there any "counter knife" message?

6. some sound were error, like if you went to off-road (or inside building), the sound of engine became silent (only gun sound can be hear) ; when return to on-road the sound became normal again.

7. often d/c without cause... like in-game or on rotation map, sometimes when try to re-enter, it said server is missing/does not exists (though server is available, but just on change map).

8. enlarge mini-map is kind of slow, Is't intentionally or not? ( on press "N" )

I think this is A.T.M. that inside my mind... hopefully it can be clarify which is which on which....

thanks
VoLcOm-BMW
US Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2013-11-03 18:11
Can someone please fix this: Every time I spawn in wit the support kit I get a black screen and I have to restart the PS3 in order to play also when will people on the PS3 get the option to get there own server. I also preorderd the game through the PSN network and we don't get double XP WTF!
JOIN sKs
wvbalrog
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-08 01:10
This game was and is DOA. The kiddies don't have patience for faulty products EA. It will go the way of the last version of MOH.
TheShizuka
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-11-08 21:14
"When using an Xbox controller on PC, the left trigger will always force free look in a vehicle. Even when free look is not set to the left trigger.

When holding the left trigger, it won't let me control the vehicle."

I have come here because i have that problem too. So good news i'm not alone with the problem, bad news there is no solution. Lame...
LDO007
BR Enlisted: 2012-03-18
2013-11-22 19:39
1.DO NOT SMOKE TANK WORKS
2.DO NOT SMOKE TANK WORKS
3.REDUCE THE DAMAGE OF WEAPOWS
4.IMPROVE RESPAWN
5.SHOTGUNS=SHIT,HARD TO KILL WITH ONLY 1 SHOT
6.RESPAWN IS HORRIBLE IN TDM AND DOMINATION
7.LOWER LOCATION OF POSSESSION OF PURPOSE
8.C4 HAVE DEFECTS
9.TURRETS THE TANK HAS NO DAMAGE AT INFANTRY
10.MAKE GAMES LIKE PROFESSIONALS.
Sabor
US Enlisted: 2011-12-27
2013-12-02 17:33
Could you guys at the very least give us the option to use more space for Battlefield 4, and NOT use the ridiculous .cas compressed files garbage? Your DLC in BF3 didn't use it, so the load times for DLC maps was lightening fast compared to vanilla maps. BF4's load times on HDD's are as long as american commercial breaks because of it.

Sacrificing load times to save space for discs in a game that's available to most of us as a digital download, in an age where a 1TB HDD runs as little as $50 is stupid
TOLEKomandanti
Enlisted: 2013-11-13
2013-12-05 07:10
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
XXXX__RICH__XXXX
DK Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2014-02-11 15:40
Damage indicator is fucked when i play. (BF4-PS4)

Often then when i have a shoot out with another player, then when he hits me, it shows that I'm taking fire from behind, this is pretty annoying, since you then do a quick 180 and dis-engage the firefight you are currently in, only to find there is no one and to get shot by the player you just had a fir fight with.

Anybody getting this issue on PS4..?
Final8ty
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2014-02-18 18:38
XP Booster notification

It would be a good idea is a notification popped up when the the booster was finished instead of having to keep hitting escape.
mtrex
DE Enlisted: 2011-11-09
2014-04-12 21:37
Clicking the button to change the primary waepon for the recon class (respawn menu ) freezes and crashes the game for me - every time.

This menu: http://nzxtcorp.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bf4-screenshot-beta-3.jpg [nzxtcorp.files.wordpress.com]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeltaBravoLima
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-06-26 16:53
-The 'survivalist' gadget for operator is ridiculous. It makes you wonder if anyone is truly dead, ruining the flow of the game and it will discourage a lot of people from using revive and helping their teammates. I think this needs to be looked at. This isn't Call of Duty (although im not sure if that even had something that silly).

-The method for unlocking weapon upgrades (scopes, barrels, etc) doesn't make much sense. Unlocking all barrels or scopes or similar at one time doesn't suit the game overall when each weapon will obviously suit one type of upgrade. IE maybe unlock all of the short range scopes at one time for a SMG for a certain number of kills and then all of the medium range scopes at a later time. I don't see why the change is being made though, my personal preference would be to retain the progressive unlock system from BF4.

-On a side not regarding unlocks in general, it was unclear without going to the loadout menu each time what I was going to unlock next for a particular vehicle, gun, kit etc. On the 'gear' page at the end of round screen perhaps include what you unlock next and the number of kills/points required to do so rather than your progression to the next service star (which often didn't have an additional unlock reward) because I don't personally think service stars are as important as unlocking new items and would prefer to have a clearer idea of when that next unlock is coming to know if it is worth continuing to use a particular vehicle, weapon or kit.

Overall I did enjoy the beta. The 2nd and 3rd points were minor gripes, largely because all the weapon unlocks available to try anyway, although I can see this becoming more of an annoyance if the current scheme is kept in place for the full release when there are more weapons, unlocks etc.

If I had to pick I would definitely choose just the first point to be changed, because the idea of having to re-kill everyone is annoying, especially when you are trying to move through an area or dispatch multiple enemies. You kill one or two people, move to kill the third and the first one revives himself and kills you, it spoils the point on being able to get the drop on a small group of enemies when you cant kill them with explosives.

Grand Theft Battlefield was a good idea, kudos to whoever came up with it.
xX__Sarumaan__Xx
US Enlisted: 2013-11-23
2014-07-12 15:43
FLIR Issue!

1. The issue: I use the PKP + FLIR and play TDM and Domination - More than 80% of the time I spawn, I get the regular view when I use the FLIR scope and not the black & white as it should. I have to swap to my sidearm and swap back for FLIR to work as intended.

2. Steps to reproduce: Use PKP + FLIR on TDM and Dom and play for a couple of hours (its fun, I promise!)

3. Expected result vs actual result: Instead of the B&W FLIR view, you get the regular scope view with a red dot in the middle :( This REALLY REALLY Sucks and completely throws you off your game. The act of swapping back and forth to get the scope to work is ridiculous and inevitably I get killed in the process.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
FIX THIS DICE!

PLEASE!
xChitz
Enlisted: 2014-06-08
2014-09-18 12:43
When will this beta END
Markojaydog
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-02-10 05:24
So Far I haven't been able to get past the "logging in" step.

Once I select a server, click "join" it just gives me the spinning blue arrow circle for forever on "LOGGING IN"...

Spin...
Spin...
Spin...

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.