2014-01-03 14:57
_BobcatYEAHHHHHH said:
i see a lot of QQ here.

I see a lot of wannabe cheaters here.
TheNoobPolice
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-06
2014-01-03 15:03
xFACTORlGaming said:
Custom config files go all the way back to Quake and the original Counter Strike and are a part of almost every popular shooter out there including TF2 and the entire Battlefield series. This is a means to change visual elements in Battlefield on a more custom scale. This config file breaks down how to remove all motion blur in the game due to a broken slider and NOT setting certain video settings to low and having your entire game look like hot garbage. When the slider is fixed this more than likely will not be needed.

Again, you can obtain no motion blur but you sacrifice several settings in the video tab within Battlefield 4. The suppression mechanism still causes your gun to sway and gives added recoil if and when you decide to shoot as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1q2wEcDiA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug [youtube.com]

From your config, I've amended it below to get rid of erronous information. Remember your user.cfg file just inputs console commands at startup, if it doesn't work in the console, it will do nothing in your user config. You can see all the valid console commands by typing "list" in the console.

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0From BF3 - doesn't have any function in BF4
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0ditto above
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0ditto - has been replaced by the command "WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax"
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256No need to change the spotlight resolution as you have already disabled them. Besides, this only affects campaign.
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0This "important" one for you is doing nothing lol (the power of the placebo effect!) It's "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" (no "Force") in BF4, and is to do with CPU frame preparation. Only affects input lag if you're severly CPU bottlenecked, which you certainly aren't. Best to leave at Defalt setting of -1 (reverts to driver default) and set it in the nvidia control panel if you're having problems.
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0exactly the same as turning off ambient occlusion in graphcis menu. Doesn't need to be in Config.
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 119.98 - Recommend this to be 125 on a 120hz monitor. Otherwise you get lots of concurrently torn frames, which results in noticable mid-screen tearing. At 125 the tearing is less noticable, although this is a minor issue on a 120hz monitor.

You also should have :

"WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0"

in there if you want the best FPS performance, which is a new graphical process in BF4 that is fairly FPS hungry.
BSDShoes
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-01-03 15:10
6Theonly6Reaper6 said:
if only there was a way to stop the screen from going bezerk when there are bombs being dropped etc, makes it impossable to shoot anyone even if your far away from it

OMG the screen shake is extremely annoying, I thought it was bad when playing Metro in BF3, but boy it's worse in Locker in BF4- it's basically continuous.
Ryzen 5 1600X G.Skill 32GB DDR4 2666MHz MSI GTX1060 6GB Win 10 Pro
Wolfrikheimr
Enlisted: 2012-12-10
2014-01-03 15:14
It doesn't disable suppression. If the whole mechanic consisted of screen blur, I'd never complain about suppression. But the defining characteristics is the idiotic random bullet deviation, and the configuration file doesn't alter that in any way.

As for it being unfair because some people might not know that it's possible to use console commands or create a CFG file... sorry to bring that up, since we have enough CoD references in this forum, but that's essentially the CoD (or rather, Activision) mentality toward PC gaming. For example, the ability to change FOV is a basic aspect of shooters since the beginning, but MW3 and Ghosts don't allow you to change your FOV because... it might not be fair to the people who don't understand FOV.

Customization is an integral part of PC shooters and PC gaming, and it's up to all players to educate themselves on how to get the best experience. Some might not care and are happy trying to adjust to the default sensitivity while chugging along at 40 fps while playing on Ultra, and that's perfectly fine as long as they're happy. But the great thing about PC gaming is that I can play with my sensitivity and DPI together to find the best sensitivity for myself, that I can play with the graphics to get as close to a consistent 120 fps as possible, etc...
eCLiPSR
GB Enlisted: 2013-11-01
2014-01-03 15:18 , edited 2014-01-03 15:22 by eCLiPSR
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit - This "important" one for you is doing nothing lol (the power of the placebo effect!)

ROFL
BSDShoes
2014-01-03 15:49
eCLiPSR said:
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit - This "important" one for you is doing nothing lol (the power of the placebo effect!)

ROFL

I think he meant it is different in BF4, "renderdevice.renderaheadlimit", no "force" in there anymore.
CthulhuTactical
Enlisted: 2013-08-29
2014-01-03 15:50
If i can't hit anything while supressed why would i disable motion blur. It won't help me, so what's the deal? To see better?
FalI3n
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2014-01-03 15:53
Piotrburz said:
If i can't hit anything while supressed why would i disable motion blur. It won't help me, so what's the deal? To see better?

If someone is shooting at you and you can see everything around you nice and clear, and the guy you are shooting at is having his screen all blurry and can't see a shit - who will win ?
eCLiPSR
GB Enlisted: 2013-11-01
2014-01-03 15:53 , edited 2014-01-03 15:54 by eCLiPSR
Dazshade said:
eCLiPSR said:

ROFL
I think he meant it is different in BF4, "renderdevice.renderaheadlimit", no "force" in there anymore.

Yes, but the guy in the video said this command was 'important' to him in BF4, but it does not change anything in BF4. LOL
Stealth-Mode45
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-01-03 15:57
BTW u can turn off screen shaking......
doctor3d
2014-01-03 16:02 , edited 2014-01-03 16:48 by doctor3d
DropAmmoPls said:
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0From BF3 - doesn't have any function in BF4

This one actually works in BF4. I've used it myself. What happens is when you set the Post Processing setting to Medium or Low - the motion blur gets automatically disabled. There are two types of Blurs used in the game. On Low and Medium a Gaussian Blur setting is used.

A person can still force motion blur to work on Low and Medium Post Processing settings by adding the following into their config

WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 1
PostProcess.BlurMethod BlurMethod_Gaussian

In this case, the motion blur is now using Gaussian - it's a bit clearer and less intensive. There is also less blur while getting suppressed or during explosions.

Alternatively - they can use High post processing settings and get rid of the motion blur - but still use the high post processing blur for the particle effects by doing the following:

WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
PostProcess.BlurMethod BlurMethod_Sprite

On that config - if you set the in-game setting to "High"- you'll get all the benefits of the high post process quality - but motion blur will still be disabled.

Personally, i've found that having "Sprite" blur causes higher GPU usage for little benefit. This is especially noticed when you're in the options menu. The game will blur out as you press esc and you'll see a blured version of the game in the background of the menu. When you force Gaussian blur - you don't have this problem.

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

This setting is meaningless if you are using Medium or Low light quality - it gets automatically disabled at those settings. However, it's useful in the event you want the lower draw distance of shadows that Medium brings but still want the shadowmaps. In that case, you can set the ingame setting to medium (Which automatically disables transparency shadow maps) but put

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 1

in your config and you'll still get transparent shadowmaps as if you were on the high or ultra lighting setting - but will only get the medium draw distance. Useful, i guess if you're trying to further balance performance and image quality as it's kinda a setting between medium and high.

I'm not sure if the above setting is very useful in MP or not - I only messed around with this once or twice -and I believe the transparent shadow maps on Golumd Railway was affected by it (All of the shadows under the trees were solid black)..But, i don't remember noticing much difference on any other map.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit

0 and -1 (default) are the exact same thing it means Disabled(It asks the driver for the value) The lowest possible value for RA is 1. You can't go any lower than 1 frame prepared lol. Now..you can confirm this if you want by uncapping your FPS and looking at the sky - try each of those RA values from 3,2,1, and 0 - you'll notice that at 1 you get the lowest FPS and at 0/-1(Game Default) and 3 (Driver default) you get identical FPS. 1 or 2 is a good value to try if you're having input lag.

WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable

This should be left alone for 660 series and above Nvidia cards. There could be a boost with 650 series and below. (I'm not an AMD guy so I haven't looked into the performance difference of deferring dx11 light with them) It might also be helpful for laptop graphics cards that have better CPUs than GPUs. If your GPU is a bottleneck -you can try it. You're just putting more strain on the CPU with this setting though. A decent graphics card will have no problem with this.

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 119.98

I personally wouldn't cap at the exact rate your monitor refreshes as that causes the most noticeable tearing (Right through the middle of the screen) However, if that's what you wish to do - it's not going to be exactly the same for everyone. Go into the ProfSave file and copy the number next to "GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate" It's an 8-digit number that Frostbite has received as the exact refresh time of your display - it's this number that is used by the render. On my 75hz IPS it's 75.025002

So, if i wanted to do this, I would use GameTime.MaxVariableFps 75.025002 (The engine will then be capped at the exact same rate as my display refresh rate) One thing to keep in mind though is that it's not 100% static) - it'll spill over and under that cap some. Again, I would cap just below or just above though to minimize tearing 55\65 on 60hz, 70\80 on 75hz or 115\125 on a 120hz.
TheNoobPolice
2014-01-03 17:03
Hogwash....

The command "WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn" is rejected by the console, and doesn't do make any difference in a user config either as I've just tested.
doctor3d
2014-01-03 17:10 , edited 2014-01-03 17:13 by doctor3d
DropAmmoPls said:
Hogwash....

The command "WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn" is rejected by the console, and doesn't do make any difference in a user config either as I've just tested.

Well, you tested Wrong..

Everyone here can test it right now and see.

Open the game - put post process to LOW & Motion blur to 100%

Save the settings

Close the game

Just put these two in this order:

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 1

In your config file

Open the game and wow - look motion blur on low post processing...

It'll stay that way until you go into the settings and save them - at any point you save your video settings (With Post Process on Low or Medium) the game will automatically disable it again until you reload it.
TheNoobPolice
2014-01-03 17:29
doctor3d said:
DropAmmoPls said:
Hogwash....

Well, you tested Wrong..

Everyone here can test it right now and see.

Open the game - put post process to LOW & Motion blur to 100%

Save the settings

Close the game

Just put these two in this order:

In your config file

Open the game and wow - look motion blur on low post processing...

It'll stay that way until you go into the settings and save them - at any point you save your video settings (With Post Process on Low or Medium) the game will automatically disable it again until you reload it.

*facepalm*

It's because you're putting

into the console at startup (i.e your config file), that's what's turning the motion blur on. It overrides the default setting of off when you set post processing on low.

WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn is a redundant command that does nothing in BF4. You will get the same result when you delete it from the config file.
LOLGotYerTags
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-03 17:31
Lol at people here thinking console commands = cheating.

people who think that console commands is cheating are the reason why so many games release without a working console window.

If you think using console commands is cheating, please do yourselves a favour and sell your pc and buy a PS3/PS4/XB360/XBONE with the cash.

Going by that, I suppose having faster hardware than other players is cheating too.... Right?

Y'know... Since they have that advantage of being able to see someone quicker and have that split second jump over the enemy player.
One day, I shall come back... Yes, I shall come back... Until then, There must be no regrets, No tears, No anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, And prove to me I am not mistaken in mine... I'm a Volunteer Forum Moderator and any views and opinions I share are mine and mine only.. Posts that are not blue posted do not officially represent EA/DICE nor their affiliates.
doctor3d
2014-01-03 17:33 , edited 2014-01-03 17:47 by doctor3d
DropAmmoPls said:
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn is a redundant command that does nothing in BF4. You will get the same result when you delete it from the config file.

It doesn't work as soon as I hit "Redeploy" and my screen goes black it stops working.

I`ll check it again.

Edit*

Seems to work. Redepolyed, died, respawned, still worked.

Lol at people here thinking console commands = cheating.

people who think that console commands is cheating are the reason why so many games release without a working console window.

If you think using console commands is cheating, please do yourselves a favour and sell your pc and buy a PS3/PS4/XB360/XBONE with the cash.

Going by that, I suppose having faster hardware than other players is cheating too.... Right?

Y'know... Since they have that advantage of being able to see someone quicker and have that split second jump over the enemy player.

I do think some console commands for some games should be considered cheating. But, everything in this thread as far as the blur can be done automatically by just setting the in-game post to low. It disables all of it anyway. All he's doing is leaving the post on high and changing the blur manually. It's no big deal.
LOLGotYerTags
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-03 17:44
doctor3d said:
I do think some console commands for some games should be considered cheating. But, everything in this thread as far as the blur can be done automatically by just setting the in-game post to low. It disables all of it anyway. All he's doing is leaving the post on high and changing the blur manually. It's no big deal.

Ya, This community never fails to make me facepalm at times.

Very few games release these days with a working command console and half of these 'players' don't even do the research, It's no wonder why we can see the game being dumbed down more and more as each new iteration of the BF franchise releases.

By the time we get BF8, there will be no console commands, no graphics presets, and your ingame character will automatically spot an enemy player without having to hit Q.
One day, I shall come back... Yes, I shall come back... Until then, There must be no regrets, No tears, No anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, And prove to me I am not mistaken in mine... I'm a Volunteer Forum Moderator and any views and opinions I share are mine and mine only.. Posts that are not blue posted do not officially represent EA/DICE nor their affiliates.
Death1099
US Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2014-01-03 17:46
Stealth-Mode40 said:
BTW u can turn off screen shaking......

Would not mind that if it was an option.
Show me the Blue light. I need to relax. ERROR Could not join server (1) Thank you dice/ea. You make my life complete. Join CTE to nerf everything. On it.
BSDShoes
2014-01-03 17:53
LOLGotYerTags said:
By the time we get BF8, there will be no console commands, no graphics presets, and your ingame character will automatically spot an enemy player without having to hit Q.

Say hello to Bad Company 1 from 2008.
DatWooKie576
US Enlisted: 2012-10-21
2014-01-03 17:53
Xfactor thanks for the help. Much appreciated!!!
reckon playing recon with Recker was nothing short of a reckoning experience

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.