Dice why you no like us to play with our friends?

Jfivehunny
US Enlisted: 2013-10-29
2014-01-17 20:58 , edited 2014-01-17 21:11 by Jfivehunny
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
doobiebromac
US Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2014-01-17 21:10
Yeah I have this same problem. My friends and I try to get in games together when we play. We rarely can. Is Dice ever going to do anything about this? Would be nice to play my squad based tactical shooter with my friends like I purchased it to do.
FreakingNetCode
US Enlisted: 2012-07-20
2014-01-17 21:17
I agree, I prefer to presquad before entering the game. However, if you join a friend's server and you get put on the other team, the game will kick you to your friend's squad once there is a spot available. It's very annoying but I guess that's the only option.
Lundy_28
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-01-17 21:18
Don't count on them adding anything to make getting into squads easier. They think the system they have now is superior compared to what was in BF3
motostunna
Enlisted: 2012-10-06
2014-01-17 21:18
This game is broken beyond repair sadly. They're going to "patch" the game so much to the point where it has bandages all over it. I say just enjoy it for what it is, a laughable game.

They has a great game CONCEPT but man they royally fucked up the execution. Trying to capture cod players and alienated the people who helped them get to where they WERE.
Jfivehunny
2014-01-17 21:20
doobiebromac
2014-01-17 21:27 , edited 2014-01-17 21:28 by doobiebromac
Lundy_28 said:
Don't count on them adding anything to make getting into squads easier. They think the system they have now is superior compared to what was in BF3

If they just fixed the server browser to where it would actually show me games with room for a squad in them this would help. I however think that it is showing me all the servers and there are just none open with room in them. Which leads me to believe that Dice/EA doesn't have that many servers up and running for PS3 at any given time. Which in turn leads me to believe that the support for this game SUCKS!
Jfivehunny
2014-01-17 21:33
Lundy_28
2014-01-17 21:35
doobiebromac said:
Lundy_28 said:
If they just fixed the server browser to where it would actually show me games with room for a squad in them this would help. I however think that it is showing me all the servers and there are just none open with room in them. Which leads me to believe that Dice/EA doesn't have that many servers up and running for PS3 at any given time. Which in turn leads me to believe that the support for this game SUCKS!

The server browser works for me.

The only way my friends and I have found to get into a squad and stay together is get into a empty server and just mess around until the game fills up. Sometimes it takes awhile, but it works.
Jfivehunny
2014-01-17 21:54 , edited 2014-01-17 21:56 by Jfivehunny
Lundy_28
2014-01-17 22:03
Jfivehunny said:
Lundy_28 said:
doobiebromac said:
Lundy_28 said:

The only way my friends and I have found to get into a squad and stay together is get into a empty server and just mess around until the game fills up. Sometimes it takes awhile, but it works.
Does it show you servers with the amount of open spots you have checked? Never does that for me. I only play on East Coast servers(my region) though. If I have the browser show me servers with 1-15 open spots, I still only see 23/24 or maybe 22/24.

Do you know how many people need to be in a empty server for it to be then thrown into the filled from quick match rotation?

Yea, it shows the slot I have selected. I've never had a problem with the server browser.

Not sure exactly, but normally we have a full squad of 5 and only have to wait about 5 minutes or so normally before the game fills up. There are times though when the server never fills up.
FreakingNetCode
2014-01-17 22:21
Jfivehunny said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:
I agree, I prefer to presquad before entering the game. However, if you join a friend's server and you get put on the other team, the game will kick you to your friend's squad once there is a spot available. It's very annoying but I guess that's the only option.
This does not always happen. What I have seen is it put my friend on the other team even when there is room on both teams? Like it is trying to auto balance? It did not do that on BF3.

It's in queue, someone might be already be in queue before your friend. First come first serve. You can enable or disable auto balanced in the team set up
Jfivehunny
2014-01-17 22:22
SKYNAT-CSM101
Enlisted: 2012-02-02
2014-01-17 22:24
Yeah well i tried to get a petition going on here but nobody fucking bothered joining it so there you go
Lundy_28
2014-01-17 22:25
Jfivehunny said:
Lundy_28 said:
Jfivehunny said:
Lundy_28 said:
doobiebromac said:
Lundy_28 said:

Does it show you servers with the amount of open spots you have checked? Never does that for me. I only play on East Coast servers(my region) though. If I have the browser show me servers with 1-15 open spots, I still only see 23/24 or maybe 22/24.

Do you know how many people need to be in a empty server for it to be then thrown into the filled from quick match rotation?
Yea, it shows the slot I have selected. I've never had a problem with the server browser.

Not sure exactly, but normally we have a full squad of 5 and only have to wait about 5 minutes or so normally before the game fills up. There are times though when the server never fills up.
You must have all the regions checked then to get browser results with more open spots in them. Because I have been playing since launch and I have never seen servers with that much room in them except late at night. What region do you normally play on?

I think it is 5 people to auto add from quick match to an empty server. I think that was what it was in BF3?

I've played since launch as well. Like I said I haven't had any problems with the server browser. Only have West coast US servers selected.

That's probably what it is. I know 4 players start the round
doobiebromac
2014-01-17 22:38 , edited 2014-01-17 22:43 by doobiebromac
DatAznGirlPavi said:
Jfivehunny said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:
This does not always happen. What I have seen is it put my friend on the other team even when there is room on both teams? Like it is trying to auto balance? It did not do that on BF3.
It's in queue, someone might be already be in queue before your friend. First come first serve. You can enable or disable auto balanced in the team set up

Okay this makes no sense. We are not talking about when we join in a que? When I get in a game and my friend joins me there is no que? We are talking about when I get in a game, there is room on both teams, and they put my friend on the other team when he joins. Even though there is still room on both teams? The new system they created is not working properly. Do not know how much more clearly I can say that.

Nevermind that we are all premium so we should have priority and Dice said that they made friends' joining friends priority over Quickmatch if I am not mistaken? Well that is not happening so yeah...not sure the point you were trying to make?
FreakingNetCode
2014-01-18 05:13
doobiebromac said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:
Jfivehunny said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:
Okay this makes no sense. We are not talking about when we join in a que? When I get in a game and my friend joins me there is no que? We are talking about when I get in a game, there is room on both teams, and they put my friend on the other team when he joins. Even though there is still room on both teams? The new system they created is not working properly. Do not know how much more clearly I can say that.

Nevermind that we are all premium so we should have priority and Dice said that they made friends' joining friends priority over Quickmatch if I am not mistaken? Well that is not happening so yeah...not sure the point you were trying to make?

I'm just saying how the system works. Yeah, it doesn't work 100% all the time. Just like on BF3, sometimes I get put on the other team even though there's room on both team. They game tries to balance both teams, not quite sure what it measures. Also, I was not talking about the queue before you go in to the game, I was talking about the queue when you are in game. Say, your friend joined and got put to another team, and is waiting to be move to your team(which the game does it automatically, again, it doesn't work 100%) if someone leaves your team, he might not be put to your team right away because the game will move a player who has been here longer and has been waiting longer to be switch to the other team first. The point is, yes it sucks not having what we had on BF3, yes the game is still broken, but there's not much we can do. We tell DICE we want the old squad-up but what can they do? They game has already been released. Plus, it's not DICE's decision alone, also EA. Well, we just have to get used to the new system.
doobiebromac
2014-01-18 20:47 , edited 2014-01-18 20:48 by doobiebromac
DatAznGirlPavi said:
doobiebromac said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:
Jfivehunny said:
DatAznGirlPavi said:

I'm just saying how the system works. Yeah, it doesn't work 100% all the time. Just like on BF3, sometimes I get put on the other team even though there's room on both team. They game tries to balance both teams, not quite sure what it measures. Also, I was not talking about the queue before you go in to the game, I was talking about the queue when you are in game. Say, your friend joined and got put to another team, and is waiting to be move to your team(which the game does it automatically, again, it doesn't work 100%) if someone leaves your team, he might not be put to your team right away because the game will move a player who has been here longer and has been waiting longer to be switch to the other team first. The point is, yes it sucks not having what we had on BF3, yes the game is still broken, but there's not much we can do. We tell DICE we want the old squad-up but what can they do? They game has already been released. Plus, it's not DICE's decision alone, also EA. Well, we just have to get used to the new system.

Okay but why after a game ends does it not put my friend on my team? I have gone through games where the system you are talking about makes no attempt after multiple rounds to move me to an open spot on my friend's team. Just saying how could Dice not know that this is occurring? Unless like I said earlier Dice did ZERO testing on the their new squad system.

This game is a bad joke right now. My hopes that it will actually get fixed are quickly fading away. This is the most disappointing gaming experience I have ever had and I have been a gamer for nearly 30 years. Got an Atari2600 for Christmas in 1984, if I had known that my gaming experience would ultimately lead to this, I doubt I would have ever started playing games.
FreakingNetCode
2014-01-19 02:11 , edited 2014-01-19 02:12 by FreakingNetCode
They tested it, that's why we had Alpha,Beta,etc. Sometimes coding can go wrong. I've some basic coding knowledge and I can say that you can't always be perfect. Just like any games, there are glitches and bug and DICE is working hard to fix it. I know how you feel, I used to be a big fan of Assassin's Creed but the franchise is going downhill. Don't be so down, there's many great games out there. Battlefield 3 is still great to play.

Edit: woops forgot to quote
mistaviks
Enlisted: 2013-11-02
2014-01-19 02:18
When i used to play TF2, team stacking ie playing with your friends, was frowned upon. Maybe it's the same here.