Thread is locked.

DirectX error: "getDeviceRemovedReason"

AndersonZolo
AU Enlisted: 2013-11-03
2015-06-17 10:27
Message shows:
DirectX function "getdeviceremovedreason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET

I have got this error after recent download update from Origin game.
And this error comes out 2-5 mins after the game is loaded.
The sound is still playing, but the video is kind of dead there.
I have tried it over 10 times, and all crashed.

I am using PC and Graphic card is AMD Radeon HD7800.

Does anyone have the same problem ?
StarscreamUK
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-06-17 10:52
what driver version, are you using mantle?

starscreamuk
I am a Battlelog moderator and my views may not officially represent EA/DICE/VISCERAL. If this post is blue, then it's an action taken in line with EA community rules. Contact details are on my profile.
DoctorBlackson
CA Enlisted: 2014-02-21
2015-06-18 05:43
I get this almost everyday on my GTX 970 running driver 353.06. At this point I stopped caring and expecting it to be fixed by either Nvidia or Dice (whichever is causing the issue driver or game) and just relaunch the game and move on. I suggest you do the same because you're not the only one who's experiencing this and its a very common issue since the launch of this game. I've even rolled my CPU and GPU back to stock speeds and it didnt make a difference. Funny how this is the only game thats causing this problem right?

My Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A

Processor: 4.2Ghz Intel Core i5-4690K

Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @ 1449 Mhz

Cooling: Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Memory: G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB RAM @ 2133Mhz

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 650w Gold PSU

Windows Drive: 128GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

2nd Drive: 128GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD (BF4 is located in this drive)

3rd Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD
BenQ XL2411Z 144hz Monitor | 4.5Ghz Core i5-4690k + Corsair H100i | Asus Z97-A | G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 RAM 2133mhz (4x4GB) | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 128GB + 480GB Adata SSDs | 1TB WD HDD | Corsair RM750x Gold PSU | Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headsets | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
ubedead01
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-06-18 06:36
happens on pearl market all the time.
xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-18 06:49 , edited 2015-06-18 06:52 by xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
Solution 1:
If you are in a region that speaks/uses a language other than English then try the following:
Go to: Control Panel >> Regions and Language >> Administrative Tab >> Change System Locale >> Set to English (United States) >> Restart Computer

Solution 2:
If you are having DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET pop up. Open up the Origin Application and do the following:
Click Origin Menu >> Application Settings >> Origin In Game >> Disable (un-check) Origin In Game >> Exit Origin (may or may not need to restart computer afterwards.)

Solution 3:
Don't think this one personally does anything to help but some people think it works:
Update to latest Driver >> Open/run Command Prompt as System Administrator >> Type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500

Solution 4:
Go to Battlefield 4 Folder (default is "C:/Program Files/Origin/Games/Battlefield 4") >> __Installer >> VC >> vc2012Update3 >> redist >> install/repair vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe
(An optional thing you can do is update/reinstall Direct X under the folder Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist)

Solution 5:
A few other things that might cause a Direct X Function error is the Resolution you set Battlefield on to might be wrong or if you set the Graphics quality way to high for your graphics card causing the Graphics Drivers to crash. If you can't get back inside the game to change some of your settings do the following: Go to My Documents >> Battlefield 4 >> Settings >> delete/edit PROFSAVE_profile (edit with notepad/wordpad if you know how)

For sure with new drivers 353.06 I had problems, now I'm using 347.88, but I own a Nvidia GTX 770 ... try

^.^

Good luck
aim with the hand, shoot with the mind, kill with a heart like arctic ice! http://www.nelson-haha.com/
DoctorBlackson
CA Enlisted: 2014-02-21
2015-06-18 06:57 , edited 2015-06-18 06:58 by DoctorBlackson
xX-ALeIaQ-Xx said:
Solution 1:
If you are in a region that speaks/uses a language other than English then try the following:
Go to: Control Panel >> Regions and Language >> Administrative Tab >> Change System Locale >> Set to English (United States) >> Restart Computer

Solution 2:
If you are having DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET pop up. Open up the Origin Application and do the following:
Click Origin Menu >> Application Settings >> Origin In Game >> Disable (un-check) Origin In Game >> Exit Origin (may or may not need to restart computer afterwards.)

Solution 3:
Don't think this one personally does anything to help but some people think it works:
Update to latest Driver >> Open/run Command Prompt as System Administrator >> Type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500

Solution 4:
Go to Battlefield 4 Folder (default is "C:/Program Files/Origin/Games/Battlefield 4") >> __Installer >> VC >> vc2012Update3 >> redist >> install/repair vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe
(An optional thing you can do is update/reinstall Direct X under the folder Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist)

Solution 5:
A few other things that might cause a Direct X Function error is the Resolution you set Battlefield on to might be wrong or if you set the Graphics quality way to high for your graphics card causing the Graphics Drivers to crash. If you can't get back inside the game to change some of your settings do the following: Go to My Documents >> Battlefield 4 >> Settings >> delete/edit PROFSAVE_profile (edit with notepad/wordpad if you know how)

For sure with new drivers 353.06 I had problems, now I'm using 347.88, but I own a Nvidia GTX 770 ... try

^.^

Good luck

Im gonna roll back to 347.88 and see if that makes a difference. But thanks for your very informative post.

Edit: what does "increaseuserva 2500" do?
BenQ XL2411Z 144hz Monitor | 4.5Ghz Core i5-4690k + Corsair H100i | Asus Z97-A | G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB DDR3 RAM 2133mhz (4x4GB) | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 128GB + 480GB Adata SSDs | 1TB WD HDD | Corsair RM750x Gold PSU | Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headsets | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
RU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-18 07:05 , edited 2015-06-18 07:11 by xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
SuperDeluxe7 said:
xX-ALeIaQ-Xx said:
Solution 1:

Solution 2:

Solution 3:

Solution 4:

Solution 5:

^.^

Good luck
Im gonna roll back to 347.88 and see if that makes a difference. But thanks for your very informative post.

Edit: what does "increaseuserva 2500" do?

I had this problem with old PC ... not anymore, and if I can be of help I do it willingly.

Last tip: do only what you know, I am not responsible if you create more problems.

: P

Edit: focus on solutions : 2,4,5

I dont think solution 3 is good for you , because you have a good rig anyway

increaseuserva Megabytes
Specifies the amount of memory, in megabytes, for user-mode virtual address space.
On 32-bit editions of Windows, applications have 4 gigabyte (GB) of virtual address space available. The virtual address space is divided so that 2 GB is available to the application and the other 2 GB is available only to the system.
The 4-gigabyte tuning feature, enabled with the increaseuserva option, allows you to increase the virtual address space that is available to the application up to 3 GB, which reduces the amount available to the system to between 1 and 2 GB. The BCEdit /set increaseuserva Megabytes command can specify any value between 2048 (2 GB) and 3072 (3 GB) megabytes in decimal notation. Windows uses the remaining address space (4 GB minus the specified amount) as its kernel-mode address space.
See 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Windows) for additional information about this feature.

Edit2: Know you last chance? Re-install winzoz (lol)
:D
aim with the hand, shoot with the mind, kill with a heart like arctic ice! http://www.nelson-haha.com/
CharlesReign
US Enlisted: 2013-08-26
2015-06-18 07:22
I got an error message myself with the Direct X BF4 game crash a few times today. My GTX 970 is OC'd but not to excessively. I got the Direct X messages on my old 7950 as well.
I never leave anything to chance.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.