Thread is locked.

CTE: Community Map Conquest Release #1

T0TALfps
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-08-07 18:14
The development of the Community Map Project has been going on for a fair while now, and earlier today David Sirland, AKA T1ggr - Producer at DICE LA has posted up the changes for Release #1.

This release also marks the first stage in where DICE LA are now asking the community to focus on the fine details of the Community Map Project, rather than the big things like theme and points of interest. Now its time to get into the nitty-gritty stuff.


RELEASE NOTES


These are the changes included in this release:

____

Community Map Changes


Numerous larger changes to the map from an art perspective. I’ll list the most notable ones, the rest you’ll find when playing!
# Moved Temple closer to Ghost Town, updated rock wall – new waterfall and temple layout will come at a later date.
# Moved Logging camp flag closer to Ghost town. Extended ghost town to become a “fishing village” based on stilt houses around the river.
# Swapped teams. Russia is now the “invading” force and china is the defenders – Russia takes the place of the US, and China starts at the mouth of the valley.
# New lighting across the map (not finished)
# New several new tree types
# Art passes at all flags
# New Palm oil plantation layout

Community Map Known issues/work in progress


# Conquest Small Russian base side foot spawn broken – will get fixed next build (spawn on vehicles work, and squadmates).
# The temple will get destroyed and broken up into less monolithic pieces
# Passing the river from the palm oil plantation towards C and from C to the temple will get more cover/buildings etc added to ensure safer passage

High Tickrate Changes


# Soldier Movement: Tweaked values of soldier accelleration to more directly mimic the 30hz settings – which means much less A-D spam possibilities. Still feels different due to the input lag differences (button presses are tied to tickrate).

Misc Updates


# Updated transparency values on helicopters to match jet values for cockpits

Summer Patch Coherence


# This release also includes a full integration of the Summer Patch – which means the changes you’d expect to see there should be in here. IE the Jets should be back to 313 “normal” setup again etc. Let us know if you find any inconsistencies!

Source: Community Map Conquest Release #1 [cte.battlelog.com]


All of this and more, such as what sort of things DICE LA want you to look at providing feedback on, can be found over in the Battlelog CTE forums [cte.battlelog.com] and also on the CTE Reddit. [reddit.com]

Would you like to see more awareness updates of the goings on of CTE within Battlelog, let us know by sharing your thoughts below!
*Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE. ^TFPS.
NavyAlphaGamer
IE Enlisted: 2014-04-24
2015-08-07 21:18
Cool. Cant wait for this map.
xainkins57
US Enlisted: 2015-03-04
2015-08-08 00:12
why is the team balance so freakin bad for xbox360! its literaly me and awful noobs vs level 140 players and level 100+ players! its so unfair i cant believe I spent almost $85 to get mad. I really love battlefield cause i hate cod. PLEASE fix the team balance.
GODZx1TRUxVIPER
Enlisted: 2013-01-23
2015-08-08 00:35
how can i acquire a fourth floor Dog tag
Vikangs0517
Enlisted: 2015-03-05
2015-08-08 01:58 , edited 2015-08-08 02:00 by Vikangs0517
BAD COMPANY MAPS!!!!!!! Harvest,Day, Oasis, Death Valley, AND Over and Out.

Put USA back in the CTE map.
Sarge: Is this your idea of "fun" Haggard Haggard: Well...yeah?
BRuTSOV_7b4rqta
Enlisted: 2013-11-17
2015-08-08 07:38
Do you have to own a good pc to be able to participate CTE ... I'm a console player.
pinda81
Enlisted: 2012-12-21
2015-08-09 15:54
T0TALfps said:
The development of the Community Map Project has been going on for a fair while now, and earlier today David Sirland, AKA T1ggr - Producer at DICE LA has posted up the changes for Release #1.

This release also marks the first stage in where DICE LA are now asking the community to focus on the fine details of the Community Map Project, rather than the big things like theme and points of interest. Now its time to get into the nitty-gritty stuff.


RELEASE NOTES


These are the changes included in this release:

____

Community Map Changes


Numerous larger changes to the map from an art perspective. I’ll list the most notable ones, the rest you’ll find when playing!
# Moved Temple closer to Ghost Town, updated rock wall – new waterfall and temple layout will come at a later date.
# Moved Logging camp flag closer to Ghost town. Extended ghost town to become a “fishing village” based on stilt houses around the river.
# Swapped teams. Russia is now the “invading” force and china is the defenders – Russia takes the place of the US, and China starts at the mouth of the valley.
# New lighting across the map (not finished)
# New several new tree types
# Art passes at all flags
# New Palm oil plantation layout

Community Map Known issues/work in progress


# Conquest Small Russian base side foot spawn broken – will get fixed next build (spawn on vehicles work, and squadmates).
# The temple will get destroyed and broken up into less monolithic pieces
# Passing the river from the palm oil plantation towards C and from C to the temple will get more cover/buildings etc added to ensure safer passage

High Tickrate Changes


# Soldier Movement: Tweaked values of soldier accelleration to more directly mimic the 30hz settings – which means much less A-D spam possibilities. Still feels different due to the input lag differences (button presses are tied to tickrate).

Misc Updates


# Updated transparency values on helicopters to match jet values for cockpits

Summer Patch Coherence


# This release also includes a full integration of the Summer Patch – which means the changes you’d expect to see there should be in here. IE the Jets should be back to 313 “normal” setup again etc. Let us know if you find any inconsistencies!

Source: Community Map Conquest Release #1 [cte.battlelog.com]


All of this and more, such as what sort of things DICE LA want you to look at providing feedback on, can be found over in the Battlelog CTE forums [cte.battlelog.com] and also on the CTE Reddit. [reddit.com]

Would you like to see more awareness updates of the goings on of CTE within Battlelog, let us know by sharing your thoughts below!
I_AM_COLOSSUS22
Enlisted: 2013-10-04
2015-08-10 08:24
BRuTSOV_7b4rqta said:
Do you have to own a good pc to be able to participate CTE ... I'm a console player.

CTE is on console too or at least it's on Xbox One, I'm not completely sure about PS4. But I'm sure you gotta have a decent PC to play the game. Look up the PC requirements for BF4 and then see if your PC specs are the same or better
beo27
Enlisted: 2012-06-07
2015-08-11 14:38
I'm still waiting for invite for Xbox one.
TBURGHARDT
Enlisted: 2013-10-04
2015-08-13 00:40
I just received my invite via the Xbox one, to participate in the battlefield CTE I am ready to get into the nitty gritty.
Nevaar_rgh
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-08-13 00:53
Yawn... hmmm, wha? Oh ... zzzz....

Enhancements and improvements for Battlefail 4? That's like Ford trying to enhance the Pinto. BF (the title in general, ad 4 specifically) should be relegated to the scrapheap at this point. The game has had zero replayability for quite some time now, and any new maps will be nothing more that sniper camp-whore aggravation. Sheesh, why would they give this away for free when so many people would pay huge for such a mess!
legless23
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-08-14 01:47
When is the map going to finished and available for the masses!!
larry_54235
US Enlisted: 2012-08-12
2015-08-18 23:45
legless23 said:
When is the map going to finished and available for the masses!!

As DLC for bf5.
CamoufIaage
ES Enlisted: 2013-08-28
2015-08-19 09:41
Necesitamos el mapa ya !!!
Pro4TLZZ
GB Enlisted: 2012-12-22
2015-08-19 11:04
wrong forum. go to cte
Former Battlefield 4 CTE Tester
jhoads
US Enlisted: 2013-01-18
2015-08-19 17:44
beo27 said:
I'm still waiting for invite for Xbox one.

Yeah me also....
Bravo-Winter
CA Enlisted: 2014-05-30
2015-08-19 17:55
The prevention of A-D possibilities is really nice to hear!
killergatorX
US Enlisted: 2012-03-28
2015-08-20 15:54
I have done all of the stuff required for CTE and was invited to join for the XB1 console, but have yet to see anything regarding the console - only pc cte. What do I need to do to get this working on the console?
jonnylongwoodx
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-08-21 10:51
Keep waiting. Got mine for XB1 last night.
Hagster1969
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2015-08-21 11:38
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/3hd4gn/this_week_on_the_cte_wheres_my_community_map/ [reddit.com]

read about the timing to giveing out the codes here
I live on that Bridge....
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.