Thread is locked.

Going 400+ kills on Shanghai in AH...

TheWarLeaf
Enlisted: 2015-11-01
2016-04-06 10:51
Why is it so common?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/660772151434154240/351978903/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/675984353700447488/174518508/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/686020454036346432/1719893844/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Shanghai could really use a MAA.
Ameeba37
FI Enlisted: 2013-10-13
2016-04-06 11:06
For once I kinda agree, AH on Shanghai is not balanced at all
Greatest BF4 clip you've seen for a while, enjoy! https://youtu.be/ZtDBtr1YJz4
Benethor92
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2016-04-06 11:12
Take the MAA from Lancan and put it on Shanghai. Congratulation, two maps balanced now.
System: i5 4570 3,6 GHZ | 12GB Ram | R9 390 8GB
Magic_Pepee
BR Enlisted: 2013-03-25
2016-04-06 11:27 , edited 2016-04-06 11:28 by Magic_Pepee
Benethor92 said:
Take the MAA from Lancan and put it on Shanghai. Congratulation, two maps balanced now.

uninstall please.
let it be so attack heli is fun on atleast one map, as it's useless everywhere else

anyway, this argumentation is about as retarded as complaining about flood zone scout or tanks on rogue transmission
DingoKillr
TH Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2016-04-06 11:59
Making the .50 cal on Jeeps more effective against Air then you could put them on each team on the maps that need it.
Destruction = End of the old and the begin of the New
AnonymousPubHero
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-19
2016-04-06 12:39
Will never happen this late into the games life cycle. Honestly i really dont see the issue when you consider Shanghai is the only map where the AH can get these sort of scores, not to mention these sort of scores would also be possible on other maps running 3200 tickets and lasting for almost 90 mins. I could attain this sort of score with the scout on Dawnbreaker (which has an MAA) if you gave me 90 mins and a braindead enemy team (which all these reports contain).

Cherry picking insane reports just to push your agenda isnt really that interesting and im not going to argue that the AH isnt powerful on Shanghai because it is but as mentioned above its the ONLY map where you can really farm this hard due to lack of any counters such as jets or MAA but there are other maps that also suffer this issue so why are you so hung up on Shanghai?
Nodeninja
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2016-04-06 13:14
Eliminate 2k+ ticket counts.. Problem solved. Also, it's not that common.

PS troll thread score 2/10. No originality.
Amgtree
US Enlisted: 2012-05-15
2016-04-06 13:48
Nodeninja said:
Eliminate 2k+ ticket counts.. Problem solved. Also, it's not that common.

PS troll thread score 2/10. No originality.

The person below them got 80 kills

That means the chopper was killing 5 times as many people as the second best player. Not that common also
Benethor92
2016-04-06 13:58
Pepe2low4pub said:
Benethor92 said:
uninstall please.
let it be so attack heli is fun on atleast one map, as it's useless everywhere else

anyway, this argumentation is about as retarded as complaining about flood zone scout or tanks on rogue transmission

If you are unable to get decent scores on other maps, maybe you should uninstall your game.
Even i, with my low flying time, are capable to get good scores on almost every other map.
Magic_Pepee
2016-04-06 14:11 , edited 2016-04-06 14:19 by Magic_Pepee
Benethor92 said:
If you are unable to get decent scores on other maps, maybe you should uninstall your game.
Even i, with my low flying time, are capable to get good scores on almost every other map.

alright, this my best battlereport on rogue transmission playing tank

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/698516417133578240/367480185/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

now do this with heli.
don't bother, it's impossible.
hell, you won't get past a 100 killstreak on that map playing helicopter, ever, and even pushing it past 50 kills will be complicated
profoundtugboat
Enlisted: 2014-08-29
2016-04-06 14:48
Cause it's a map designed for the AH that's been played over 2.5 years. Get over it
Benethor92
2016-04-06 14:49
Pepe2low4pub said:
Benethor92 said:
alright, this my best battlereport on rogue transmission playing tank

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/698516417133578240/367480185/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

now do this with heli.
don't bother, it's impossible.
hell, you won't get past a 100 killstreak on that map playing helicopter, ever, and even pushing it past 50 kills will be complicated

Wow, congratiolation, you have a good battle report...
So yeah, you cant go one million kills at zero deaths there. So? Only because you take that kill streaks for granted, doesnt mean it should be like this.
Its very easy to get a K/D higher than ten with the AH there too. As long as your team has the AA. Yeah, you need a bit team work and its not duo farming runs on infantry that cant shoot back. You are right, on this map it needs a minimum of skill and teamwork to get something done.
I really dont think the AA is OP, i like to fly myself. But this crying about not being able to get 100-0 is just so ridiculous that i sriously doubt, anyone who writes something like this means it serious. So nice troll, move on, thanks.
Magic_Pepee
2016-04-06 15:00 , edited 2016-04-06 15:05 by Magic_Pepee
Benethor92 said:

if i can go 159-0 with a tank, i should be able to do atleast 100-0 in a helicopter, otherwise it is underpowered. it's not balanced that, as you say, i can do a 10 killstreak in a helicopter, and over 100+ easily (i've done it many times) in a tank or aa.

or are you arguing that the tanks are now overpowered because i can get this amount of kills with them?
the "you need a bit of teamwork and coordination" part just made me cringe. i fly with very good pilots, often on teamspeak. it still doesn't help, it's just not possible to do as well as playing armor on that map.

and rogue transmission is one of the better attack heli maps. what about lancang or golmud?

---
i also forgot to mention that it is very hard to even get the attack helicopter. the spawn is extremely bad, half the time you get shot down trying to take off
Benethor92
2016-04-06 17:06
Pepe2low4pub said:
Benethor92 said:
and rogue transmission is one of the better attack heli maps. what about lancang or golmud?

Do you even read what i write? I stated in my first post that balancing for helicopter on Lancan is bullshit.
But i really like to fly on Golmund. No problem, the map is big enough, that at least 3/4 is not covered by the AA, even if it is played aggressive.
Only danger is the enemy AH and Scouts. If you can get the scout flag (is it C?) you are 3 vs 2 helicopter, giving your team an advantage. AA can be ignored 90% of the time, as long as you know where it is. Only a good pilot could be dangerous. Still no problem to get more than 10 kills (the north flaggs are great for hit and run) in one live.
And with teamwork i mean infantry and tanks, not just your gunner. In rouge transmission there is only one AA. If your team manages to get them its really easy to fly :)
Tanks are easy to play. But the tank on rouge transmission can be countered! You ARE able to take them down with AH, own tanks, RPG, javelin and so on. Thats the difference. Even good tank driver. If you go 100-0 there the enemy team is shit. But on Shanghai you CANT counter a good AH, thats the difference. Stinger? No way, just fly 50m to the next building. AA mine? You get hit maybe once, not enough damage to be dangerous. After the first hit you know there is someone dropping them and can be easily shot down. Thats it. No more danger. Only the boat when C is down. But you can destroy it in one strafe. The problem is not that you can go 50-0 easily in the AH. You can do this on almost every other map with every vehicle, even with infantry. the problem is, that there is no way to counter it, THIS is the problem of Shanghai. And that is why every AH only player plays only this map. No tanker plays only rouge transmission...
Rotank
Enlisted: 2015-07-20
2016-04-06 17:40
Benethor92 said:
Pepe2low4pub said:
Benethor92 said:
Do you even read what i write? I stated in my first post that balancing for helicopter on Lancan is bullshit.
But i really like to fly on Golmund. No problem, the map is big enough, that at least 3/4 is not covered by the AA, even if it is played aggressive.
Only danger is the enemy AH and Scouts. If you can get the scout flag (is it C?) you are 3 vs 2 helicopter, giving your team an advantage. AA can be ignored 90% of the time, as long as you know where it is. Only a good pilot could be dangerous. Still no problem to get more than 10 kills (the north flaggs are great for hit and run) in one live.
And with teamwork i mean infantry and tanks, not just your gunner. In rouge transmission there is only one AA. If your team manages to get them its really easy to fly :)
Tanks are easy to play. But the tank on rouge transmission can be countered! You ARE able to take them down with AH, own tanks, RPG, javelin and so on. Thats the difference. Even good tank driver. If you go 100-0 there the enemy team is shit. But on Shanghai you CANT counter a good AH, thats the difference. Stinger? No way, just fly 50m to the next building. AA mine? You get hit maybe once, not enough damage to be dangerous. After the first hit you know there is someone dropping them and can be easily shot down. Thats it. No more danger. Only the boat when C is down. But you can destroy it in one strafe. The problem is not that you can go 50-0 easily in the AH. You can do this on almost every other map with every vehicle, even with infantry. the problem is, that there is no way to counter it, THIS is the problem of Shanghai. And that is why every AH only player plays only this map. No tanker plays only rouge transmission...

What are you talking about? The AA can reach every objective up to the enemy uncap before even reaching the first objective on Golmud.
Magic_Pepee
2016-04-06 18:00
Benethor92 said:
But i really like to fly on Golmund.
No problem, the map is big enough, that at least 3/4 is not covered by the AA, even if it is played aggressive.

?????
active radars cover half that map, ATLEAST.

Benethor92 said:
AA can be ignored 90% of the time

i could post a gameplay of one of the best heli crews basically hovering 500m in the sky, because the aa kept harrasing them, and because of the sheer range, nothing could be done about it. they just ingored it and shoot infantry from an outskirt of the map. sure, the gunner did 75-0, but it took them an entire 30 minute match. while in that report i showed you i got 159 kills in 40 minutes

Benethor92 said:
Tanks are easy to play.

is that why you suck with them?

Benethor92 said:
But the tank on rouge transmission can be countered! You ARE able to take them down with AH, own tanks, RPG, javelin and so on. Thats the difference. Even good tank driver.

same for shanghai. especially the "good pilot" thing. hell, you dont need a good pilot. all you need is someone who can:
1. dodge tv's (pilot)
2. fire tv's. (gunner)

that's about it. unfortunately, 99% can't hit even basic tv shots.
Benethor92 said:
If you go 100-0 there the enemy team is shit.

then basically every team is shit, because i rarely get more then 3-4 deaths for a 100 kill game

Benethor92 said:
But on Shanghai you CANT counter a good AH, thats the difference.

you just don't know how to. i'll let you figure it out

Benethor92 said:
Stinger? No way, just fly 50m to the next building.

yes, because stingers are for baddies

Benethor92 said:
AA mine? You get hit maybe once, not enough damage to be dangerous.

actually, they are extremely effective if used properly, especially against scout helicopters, since they fly low to the ground. but still, they can be used to some effect against attack helicopters.

Benethor92 said:
The problem is not that you can go 50-0 easily in the AH.

it's infact so easy to do 50-0 with a tank that your best killstreak is 35.
it's not easy. especially doing it consistently. you should remember that i do high killstreaks a lot, it's not a one time thing

Benethor92 said:
No tanker plays only rouge transmission...

wrong, but sure, most don't, i don't myself
Youratv
US Enlisted: 2013-02-13
2016-04-06 18:19
I see something wrong with a 2 man team getting over 100 kills with possibly not being eliminated one time in a 32 vs 32 match. You can call me whatever, I don't care. In any scenario presented if that's the scale vs the top player on the other team maybe getting half of that with many deaths. You can throw in whatever vehicle, weapon, gadget, to me it doesn't seem like something you should be able to do unless you are the most insanely good player of all time. We know that's not the case, so many players can do it, not me personally so imma cancel out the why don't you do it argument right now. That's still leaves a large number.
Magic_Pepee
2016-04-06 18:20 , edited 2016-04-06 18:21 by Magic_Pepee
Youratv said:
I see something wrong with a 2 man team getting over 100 kills with possibly not being eliminated one time in a 32 vs 32 match. You can call me whatever, I don't care.

jeebus christ, you don't even need 2 people for it, nor a helicopter
Youratv
US Enlisted: 2013-02-13
2016-04-06 18:26
1 or 2, my opinions based on the such a small number being such a force vs 2 otherwise equal teams if a much higher number, that's why I said you can throw in any element or scenario where this has an effect.
Danzai_Elvis
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2016-04-06 18:29
Is this arranged? This has to be arranged.
Avatar still unchanged from the day they introduced Battlelog.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.