Thread is locked.

Battlefield World Premiere

layerfort
Enlisted: 2015-07-08
2016-05-09 17:24 , edited 2016-05-09 17:24 by layerfort
johnbusby said:
i hate lizzardz

Armada Collective Copycats Made $100,000 Only from Empty DDoS Threats <-Lizzardz

Armada Collective name and started using Lizard Squad instead, another hacking crew, famous for downing the Xbox and PlayStation networks on Christmas 2014.

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/armada-collective-copycats-now-posing-as-lizard-squad-in-ddos-extortion-scheme-503562.shtml#ixzz48BFg5wqC [news.softpedia.com]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/armada-collective-copycats-made-100-000-only-from-empty-ddos-threats-503423.shtml#ixzz48BFSjFUQ [news.softpedia.com]
friezze
RU Enlisted: 2012-07-10
2016-05-09 17:24 , edited 2016-05-09 17:34 by friezze
bf5today said:
friezze said:
RagedDrew said:
I'll wait 2 years before I buy it to make sure they get it out of Alpha.
The hole difference between closed Alpha/Beta on stages like E3 or Gamescom and public betas is that these "stage betas" run on local network and all the players have 0 ping, that's why we never found out about terrible netcode of BF4 till the public beta dropped, the hole point of those "testers" is to give feedback and make sure that the game is playable so publishers can drop it without being sued on trillions of dollars (nice job on BF4 :D)
For someone from Mother Russia you know what you are talking about.

Thank you. I tried to dig out why YouTubers lied to us about BF Netcode, I came to conclusion that they didn't lied, it was DICE who screwed up in the first place because they didn't test their game at different ping settings (or did, but still gave a pass to the game).
johnbusby
US Enlisted: 2012-11-11
2016-05-09 17:37
say wot m8?
Vespervin
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-05-09 17:42
So there's still an NDA out on this game. Are we allowed to know when this NDA ends?
Aliens live in my mailbox.
ThePoolshark
2016-05-09 17:48 , edited 2016-05-09 17:48 by ThePoolshark
Vespervin said:
So there's still an NDA out on this game. Are we allowed to know when this NDA ends?

Yea, I can't ever talk about what I saw in February other than what has already been acknowledged. As info comes out, I will be able to make general remarks. As most stuff I played was early, it most likely will change anyway, so my insight may be dated
Unless the above post is blue, it is my opinion. I don't care what you think about it.
Loqtrall
US Enlisted: 2013-11-06
2016-05-09 17:49 , edited 2016-05-09 18:04 by Loqtrall
So any of the blind, mindless haters that GUARANTEE BF1 will be "dead in two months" want to share their logic with me as to how it's impossible for us to know that the game will be good - but you for certain that the game will suck and fail?

Because all the "haters" seem to have loved the hell out of Battlefield 4 and played several hundred to thousands of hours in the game.

Now - the last BF title DICE released was Battlefield 4. Two and a half years ago.

What has changed in that amount of time to make you think that the next BF title they make, with BF4 being their last, will suck and fail?

Is it because DICE made Battlefront? Is your logic that, because DICE created a game that WASN'T Battlefield, that every Battlefield title afterward is going to be exactly like that game?

Maybe it's because the technical "latest" BF game is Hardline and it died down drastically after it's first few months, and that because "Battlefield" is in the title of the game, that it doesn't matter if Visceral made it, DICE's BF1 is going to turn out the same way?

Because other than those two OUTRAGEOUSLY dumb trains of thought, I can't figure out WHY anyone would outright think this game is going to suck and will "be dead in two months" unless they simply don't like the new setting and are butthurt because DICE didn't make the game they wanted.

Actually - I think that last reason I gave is the truth. I'm almost 99.9% sure you guys are just butthurt because DICE didn't make BF5 or BF2143, and you're HOPING that BF1 is going to fail.

You're more than likely going to be disappointed. Not only are BF fans hyped for this, but a metric ton of Call of Duty fans are as well. Whether you like it or not - most of us wanted a historical shooter. Most of BATTLELOG wanted a historical shooter (you know, those two polls held where the majority of votes were for historic era BF).

But, suddenly, because you don't like WWI - WWI sucks, BF1 is going to suck, and BF1 will be dead in two months. Solid logic.

EDIT: Top trending topic on Facebook - http://imgur.com/Ahyt1EC [imgur.com]
"You change one thing to negatively impact anyone's preferred playstyle, and now they're running around screaming like their hair is on fire, which is spewing out long trails of smoke that you can no longer see through with FLIR and IRNV."
Tupolev_overhead
KP Enlisted: 2015-08-13
2016-05-09 17:59 , edited 2016-05-09 17:59 by Tupolev_overhead
ThePoolshark said:
Vespervin said:
Yea, I can't ever talk about what I saw in February other than what has already been acknowledged. As info comes out, I will be able to make general remarks. As most stuff I played was early, it most likely will change anyway, so my insight may be dated

Theres KGB agents waiting in the hills to your north, west and south. Just in case you break your NDA
Vespervin
2016-05-09 18:01
ThePoolshark said:
Vespervin said:

Understandable. I'd still value outdated insight, as it will let me know more about the game in general but I can be patient. :)
Aliens live in my mailbox.
DavTan
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-31
2016-05-09 18:01
I'm not quoting all that Loq.... But I am absolutely sure it is because they are butthurt
'' Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which bears no relation to reality '' .. Nikola Tesla '' Black holes , dark matter and the Big bang are fictions , we live in an Electric Universe '' .... Me
Loqtrall
US Enlisted: 2013-11-06
2016-05-09 18:02
DavTan said:
I'm not quoting all that Loq.... But I am absolutely sure it is because they are butthurt
"You change one thing to negatively impact anyone's preferred playstyle, and now they're running around screaming like their hair is on fire, which is spewing out long trails of smoke that you can no longer see through with FLIR and IRNV."
dmrc43
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2016-05-09 18:14
Just gonna post this here...http://www.strawpoll.me/6459945/r [strawpoll.me]

Sure ww1 got the lowest amount, but I think thats because there is a stigma around ww1 and trench warfare.

And most people have never even played a game set in ww1, so don't know what to expect.

So, 60% want a game set in the past, and 40% want a modern or futuristic..

Also, most of those numbers are from Jackfrags viewers, who are most likely BF fanbois, me included.

Judging on trailer alone, those numbers got blown out of the water, and should be massively disliked...but its not.
Rev0verDrive
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2016-05-09 18:14
I think the butt hurt stems from the fact the game will be analog and they're scared they won't be able to compete in that world. Quite possibly the game will not have crutches like 3D spotting, doritos, spawn beacons, flir, irnv, vehicle thermals etc. Maybe Classic being the default mode and Normal not existing or being renamed to Softcore or Assisted mode. No countermeasures on vehicles. Tankers not being able to repair themselves. Wookies not being able to taxi a plane. Possibility of limited ammo etc.

Exciting times. Very exciting indeed. The new generation will finally get to see what BF is really about.
It looks like a Javelin, Locks and fires like a Javelin, but sadly it hits like a frog on a skip.
doctorrocktor
GG Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2016-05-09 18:21
just been on onther forum and was reading a thread from someone who was invited behind the scenes gameplay,it was legit he posted his photo at event plus the invite he recieved.anyway he spoke about tank controls saying they will be different,so if you get to master the british tank when you get in a german tank the control method will be different what do you think of this i think its a great idea where you have to learn different vehicles.he also said planes will take time to master and gameplay was just like a bf game.he could not say to much cos of the nda.
Rev0verDrive
2016-05-09 18:37
remmy1 said:
just been on onther forum and was reading a thread from someone who was invited behind the scenes gameplay,it was legit he posted his photo at event plus the invite he recieved.anyway he spoke about tank controls saying they will be different,so if you get to master the british tank when you get in a german tank the control method will be different what do you think of this i think its a great idea where you have to learn different vehicles.he also said planes will take time to master and gameplay was just like a bf game.he could not say to much cos of the nda.

Sounds accurate according to what Daniel Berlin (lead game designer) stated. There are 3 classes of tanks. Light, Medium and Heavy. Each has it's own use and handling. I have a sneaking suspicion the new flight physics are going to be used. Days of 313 are over.
It looks like a Javelin, Locks and fires like a Javelin, but sadly it hits like a frog on a skip.
doctorrocktor
GG Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2016-05-09 18:40
Rev0verDrive said:
remmy1 said:
Sounds accurate according to what Daniel Berlin (lead game designer) stated. There are 3 classes of tanks. Light, Medium and Heavy. Each has it's own use and handling. I have a sneaking suspicion the new flight physics are going to be used. Days of 313 are over.

seems like a game where skill will be needed.
x_Undaunted_x
CH Enlisted: 2013-03-17
2016-05-09 18:41
Rev0verDrive said:
I have a sneaking suspicion the new flight physics are going to be used. Days of 313 are over.

I think most pilots expected this. Most of us just didn't want the change to happen to BF4.
DarkTater21
2016-05-09 18:46
The WWI planes are one of the things I am looking forward to the most. 1993's Red Baron was one of my favorite flight games.
Rev0verDrive
2016-05-09 18:49
x_Undaunted_x said:
Rev0verDrive said:
I have a sneaking suspicion the new flight physics are going to be used. Days of 313 are over.
I think most pilots expected this. Most of us just didn't want the change to happen to BF4.

But for a BF title there shouldn't be whacked physics like that. BF2 choppers were ridiculous. Vietnam had them pretty damn right.
johnbusby
US Enlisted: 2012-11-11
2016-05-09 18:49
DarkTater21 said:
The WWI planes are one of the things I am looking forward to the most. 1993's Red Baron was one of my favorite flight games.

this^
warthunder was fun as hell too
wildmustacheride
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2016-05-09 18:50
friezze said:
bf5today said:
friezze said:
RagedDrew said:
I'll wait 2 years before I buy it to make sure they get it out of Alpha.
The hole difference between closed Alpha/Beta on stages like E3 or Gamescom and public betas is that these "stage betas" run on local network and all the players have 0 ping, that's why we never found out about terrible netcode of BF4 till the public beta dropped, the hole point of those "testers" is to give feedback and make sure that the game is playable so publishers can drop it without being sued on trillions of dollars (nice job on BF4 :D)
For someone from Mother Russia you know what you are talking about.
Thank you. I tried to dig out why YouTubers lied to us about BF Netcode, I came to conclusion that they didn't lied, it was DICE who screwed up in the first place because they didn't test their game at different ping settings (or did, but still gave a pass to the game).

Nah, youtubers were definitely disingenuous, and many did lie about various aspects of the game. Why would they bad-mouth their gravy train? Also, most of them are woefully uneducated about how these games actually work (from a game balance perspective, and a technical one).

There is basically only one youtuber who knows what he's talking about, and wasn't afraid to prove emperically that Dice and their youtubers were full of shit, and that was Battle(non)sense.

Guess who didn't get invited to play the BF5 beta with the rest of the shilltubers?

Thread is locked.