eztarget77
US Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2016-06-16 16:15
mad3hojo said:
ChannonJ said:
HITREGdotEXE said:
dewoine said:
mad3hojo said:
Isn't the new PS4 supposed to have MNK support built in?

Also the XIM4 is obsolete, the Titan One is where it's at
titan one lololo now thats too funny
Yeah but the Titan one also has damage modifiers, macros, anti recoil, stuff like that. The XIM4 doesn't.
That sounds more like cheating.

Just MnK I don't think is cheating, but all that other stuff........
oh yeah I agree it's cheating, I've never been a fan of modded controllers. I got the T1 so I could use the X1 Elite controller with the PS4 because I like it that much better

Eh MNK isn't a big deal really, I don't think I've come across a lot of people running that plus with auto aim in BF4 it kind of negates the advantage. Lets be honest, FPS games are more about how fast your reflexes are. Yes aiming makes a difference (obviously lol) but take 2 good players and pit them against each other and it'll be whos quickest to the draw that wins more often than not

MnK may not be cheating, but it surely shows what kind of person you are. I agree that the people that use it on consoles are not good enough with a MnK to play on PC and not good enough with a controller to play on a console, so they will give themselves a little dirty bump instead of learning to play one way or another. The whole "adapt and overcome" doesn't apply in those circumstances I suppose, and they will use every justification in the book to maintain that advantage. I truly hope that full native support for MnK in games comes to consoles soon, so that the people that spent the money on the XIM4 look even more stupid when they are wrecked by their better peers.

The Titan One on the other hand, is all out cheating if what people said above is true.

Aim assist negates the accuracy? Am I the only one that knows that you can turn that off?
"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it." Robert E. Lee
mad3hojo
US Enlisted: 2012-08-21
2016-06-16 17:37
eztarget77 said:
mad3hojo said:
ChannonJ said:
HITREGdotEXE said:
dewoine said:
mad3hojo said:
Isn't the new PS4 supposed to have MNK support built in?

Also the XIM4 is obsolete, the Titan One is where it's at
titan one lololo now thats too funny
Yeah but the Titan one also has damage modifiers, macros, anti recoil, stuff like that. The XIM4 doesn't.
That sounds more like cheating.

Just MnK I don't think is cheating, but all that other stuff........
oh yeah I agree it's cheating, I've never been a fan of modded controllers. I got the T1 so I could use the X1 Elite controller with the PS4 because I like it that much better

Eh MNK isn't a big deal really, I don't think I've come across a lot of people running that plus with auto aim in BF4 it kind of negates the advantage. Lets be honest, FPS games are more about how fast your reflexes are. Yes aiming makes a difference (obviously lol) but take 2 good players and pit them against each other and it'll be whos quickest to the draw that wins more often than not
MnK may not be cheating, but it surely shows what kind of person you are. I agree that the people that use it on consoles are not good enough with a MnK to play on PC and not good enough with a controller to play on a console, so they will give themselves a little dirty bump instead of learning to play one way or another. The whole "adapt and overcome" doesn't apply in those circumstances I suppose, and they will use every justification in the book to maintain that advantage. I truly hope that full native support for MnK in games comes to consoles soon, so that the people that spent the money on the XIM4 look even more stupid when they are wrecked by their better peers.

The Titan One on the other hand, is all out cheating if what people said above is true.

Aim assist negates the accuracy? Am I the only one that knows that you can turn that off?

The Titan One can be set up to use macros which certainly is questionable (I don't use them cause I consider it cheating), though as far as I know you can't use it to hack a game (meaning you can set a macro so every time you aim down sights it spots for you too, but you could do that anyways if you just pressed both the buttons. You can't make it always aim for the head or see through walls). It's also really nice for the total platform controller support (XB1 Elite for PS4) and the fact you can re-map your controller buttons (cause seriously F games that do not let you change up your controls).

Does using a MNK give you that much of an advantage in a console game with auto-aim? I do not think it does. Personally (as a person who plays both PC and console FPS games) the whole MNK super advantage is a myth. Yes it's easier to get the hang of a MNK thus making it easier to use/aim with at first, but you can get just as good with a controller with today's games (the tracking on newer games is very very good, older games yeah not so much).

I meant that (even if you think MNK is the best ever set up) with auto-aim not enabled for a MNK user it gives them a disadvantage as apposed to controller users with auto-aim
DON'T HATE, RESUSCITATE!
Hypernovae0
Enlisted: 2016-03-10
2016-06-16 17:40 , edited 2016-06-16 17:48 by Hypernovae0
Baenvo said:
Hypernovae0 said:
If you agree that factory created/default controllers for console set an even playing field.

Then you would be in direct contradiction with that belief if you support scuff controllers.
No its not because you still have to aim with your thumbs. You don't get the massive accuracy advantage of a mouse and that's the point and nothing else. You just can reach the accuracy of a mouse with a controller no matter if it's a scuf which you can set to your own preferences and got more buttons which in most cases is useless. It's about aim. The one thing which is absolutely necessary for every FPS.

I agree they do not offer any sort of accuracy advantage. However, that does not mean they don't give any advantages at all. Because if they didn't, nobody in the right mind would pay over 100$ for them.

However, anyone who uses them get extras buttons to do movements you would have difficulty doing with a default controller. As well as a hair trigger that makes it easier to fire semi autos at it's max.

These are major advantages over the default controller. So to support scuff controllers while ridiculing anyone who uses xim is hypocrisy at it's finest.
kenpokillz
US Enlisted: 2011-12-21
2016-06-16 18:10
100% tryhard setup.
Toxicity922
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-16 18:42
I don't consider it cheating at all. It's just a preference. Like several others have noted it's not going to elevate your game to Pro level if you're not already somewhat skilled at the game.

Now I know this is going to ruffle some feathers, but in my opinion the tryhards are the ones that can't accept that they were just beat in a 1v1. I mean let it go already. It's not the first or last time you're gonna get killed in a firefight.
IVIAPZ
Enlisted: 2016-06-16
2016-06-16 23:17
Hypernovae0 said:
Baenvo said:
Hypernovae0 said:
If you agree that factory created/default controllers for console set an even playing field.

Then you would be in direct contradiction with that belief if you support scuff controllers.
No its not because you still have to aim with your thumbs. You don't get the massive accuracy advantage of a mouse and that's the point and nothing else. You just can reach the accuracy of a mouse with a controller no matter if it's a scuf which you can set to your own preferences and got more buttons which in most cases is useless. It's about aim. The one thing which is absolutely necessary for every FPS.
I agree they do not offer any sort of accuracy advantage. However, that does not mean they don't give any advantages at all. Because if they didn't, nobody in the right mind would pay over 100$ for them.

However, anyone who uses them get extras buttons to do movements you would have difficulty doing with a default controller. As well as a hair trigger that makes it easier to fire semi autos at it's max.

These are major advantages over the default controller. So to support scuff controllers while ridiculing anyone who uses xim is hypocrisy at it's finest.

The difference is you can compensate theadvantages of a scuf with a nonormal controller where as you can't compensate the advantages of MnK.
Everybody who plays MnK on console is a shame! They are too bad to be competitive with controller and instead of facing and improve their skill they find an easy way and get an unfair advantage and then feel good . Just a shame. ..
Hypernovae0
Enlisted: 2016-03-10
2016-06-17 00:48
IVIAPZ said:
Hypernovae0 said:
Baenvo said:
Hypernovae0 said:

The difference is you can compensate theadvantages of a scuf with a nonormal controller where as you can't compensate the advantages of MnK.

Let me see if I am understanding you.

It's okay to use scuff controllers because you have it in your mind your opponents using a default controller can/have to "compensate".

But now that you scuff controller supporters encountered a superior control option on console for the genre you love. The xim users are in the wrong because even scuff controller users are at a disadvantage. The same kind of unfair playing field you put default controller users in when using scuff controllers against them.

Yet again, another hypocritical argument.
ChannonJ
Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2016-06-17 10:01
These are always funny. 'MnK may not be cheating, but it surely shows what kind of person you are.'

C'mon, it's just a personal choice, doesn't make you an evil person.

I don't agree with cheating, glitching etc etc but a 'normal' KnM is not cheating, it's just another way to play.

If I could just plug in a mouse I would use one, I just don't see the point in paying however much for a xim type setup.

I've never played PC, but some of the best FPS gaming I've ever had was with Quake 3 and Half Life 2, on PS2, using mouse and controller. That was superb and really made the gameplay much better. And that was on PS2 with a dirt cheap mouse!

Don't care who uses a mouse, don't know who uses a mouse, don't judge people who use a mouse.

Don't know why people get so wound up. As someone else said - 'adapt and overcome'.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.