Thread is locked.

Disallowed Program/Driver 180827

Stop_World_War_3
JP Enlisted: 2013-11-06
2016-06-16 10:36 , edited 2016-06-16 10:44 by Stop_World_War_3
So, I have been playing PC games 10 years and this game has been the worst for me because I am left-handed and re-map all controls.

When re-mapping (my HUNDREDS of PC Games) I use the Number-Keypad; BUT for the past few years, and hundreds of times In THIS GAME ONLY (from the day the game came out), I press a `wrong combination`? of keys on my Number-Keypad and the ~CONSOLE (Command line thingy ) comes up and STAYS LOCKED UP on screen, so all my movements translate into numbers on-screen. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CLOSE.

I HAVE NEVER EVER PUT MY HAND NEAR THE CONSOLE KEY EVER.

To get rid of it I have to completely reboot the PC, and restart BF4.

After a few dozen times (years ago) I complained on the forum here, and was banned for a few years because I expressed my frustration in (what I thought was) a clear and honest way. I was silenced. So I stopped buying from Origin for a few years (I bought 500 games in 2 years on Steam instead).

After a few-hundred times of the CONSOLE LOCK I had given up playing the game more than once or twice a year, for a year or two; to see if the problem had been fixed. But it hadn`t..

RECENTLY I discovered someone on the forums had had a similar problem and they said we should use "REALMWARE BF4 Settings Editor", so I installed it and it worked like a dream.

I was on my third full game in two years and then the "All Noob" Server booted me (I had a 15 Ping ), the SERVER kicked me with the REASON:-

"DISALLOWED PROGRAM/DRIVER 130827"

Being as I have NOTHING on my PC which could give a reason to legitimately Boot me, was it because of the program, or are some of the servers run by people who deserve terminal cancer? Or some other reason?

Because afaik, I was just trying to play normal and get back into the game. I think I was 8 Kills for 14 Deaths.

Can anyone explain whether I should just abandon Origin for life or is there something customers are prevented from knowing and can be fixed?

*5-minutes later (after reading a 2014 thread)*
P.S.
I just tested PunkBuster and the TESTS came back ALL CLEAR.
Mikex2112
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-16 10:43
If I remember correctly,a "disallowed program/driver"
means something is running that punkbuster doesnt like.
Such as

msi afterburner
steam overlay

I've had this problem with some games when I use afterburner
COD>Battlefield
Stop_World_War_3
2016-06-16 10:46
Mikex2112 said:
If I remember correctly,a "disallowed program/driver"
means something is running that punkbuster doesnt like.
Such as

msi afterburner
steam overlay

I've had this problem with some games when I use afterburner

Ah.... I dont have msi afterburner; but I do always have Steam in the background.

Maybe its that...

Will give it a shot. Thank you.
Mikex2112
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2016-06-16 10:50
Just for the hell of it...Manually update your Punkbuster;
http://www.evenbalance.com/ [evenbalance.com]

Downloads>punkbuster setup (PBsetup)>"download our PBsetup utility"
COD>Battlefield
Stop_World_War_3
2016-06-16 12:04
Mikex2112 said:
Just for the hell of it...Manually update your Punkbuster;
http://www.evenbalance.com/ [evenbalance.com]

Downloads>punkbuster setup (PBsetup)>"download our PBsetup utility"

I turned off Steam.
I turned off UPlay
(I had always left them on because none of my Steam/UPlay games have problems when I leave Origin running)

The game ran great. For the FIRST TIME SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED.
No kick error message.
No Console locking me out.

Just played without problem.

Very happy bunny.

I HAD also just gone into the BF4 files and ran PunkBuster from the file within the BF4 files, and I think it updated.

And I had left the program running which allows me to have no problems with re-mapped keys (REALMWARE BF4 Settings Editor).

Hopefully, this Summer holidays I can get some great action in; the maps on CS:GO are too small, and I have logged in almost 2,000 hours there because BF4 ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS crushed my spirit over the past few years, when it collapsed and burned every damn time.

Well; today I also just bought BF Hardline Ultimate; as the crusher in BF4 stopped me buying that since it came out...
parkingbrake
Enlisted: 2011-12-11
2016-06-16 19:16
"DISALLOWED PROGRAM/DRIVER 130827"

This is Punkbuster, an obsolete and buggy anti-cheat service which will kick me with messages like that (or many others) from time to time and then stop doing it without me having made any changes in my computer. Contacting the company that runs Pubkbuster turns out to be pointless, as by the time they respond the kick message has already changed to something else and I have to start over. It is baffling why EA continues to use this ineffective and troublesome service, it must be almost free.
DjKhaled_Keys
AU Enlisted: 2012-07-19
2016-06-17 14:02
And another one
They go’n try to stop you, they go’n try. Notice how i said try. We ain’t never stopping. - Dj Khaled. No tears, Only Memes ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ᶜᵃᶰ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵐᵉᶫᶫ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵒᶜᵏ ᶦˢ ᶜᵒᵒᵏᶦᶰᵍ﹖

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.