Discussion fermée

A Beginners Guide to: The Commo-rose

WolfmanK9
GB Enrôlé : 2013-09-17
2014-01-07 22:47 , modifié le 2014-02-10 14:35 par WolfmanK9
This guide's intended for players unfamiliar with the Battlefield series and/or the Commo-rose and it's part in gameplay; hopefully it'll be useful to somebody (although I understand this will be obvious for most of you).

Now Squad Up and have some fun! ;)
- Wolf

----------------

The Commo-rose is a feature that allows players to communicate via ingame voice messages. Certain messages are also accompanied by a relevant icon on the minimap located in the leftt-hand corner of the HUD (Normal mode only), this let's players react to the teammate's request and allows them to be pinpointed.
To access the Commo-rose, press and hold the "SPOT" button (default R2 (PS3)), this will bring up a visualization of the messages on-screen relevant to whether you are a squad member, or squad leader; these instructions can then be highlighted with the Right Analog Stick and selected by releasing the "SPOT" button.
The commands listed are as follows:

SQUAD MEMBER
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131125033157/battlefield/images/6/65/Commorose-squad.jpg [static2.wikia.nocookie.net]

Need Medic - Soldier will call for a medic, this will also be accompanied by a flashing medic cross symbol being displayed on your soldier via the minimap (and above the player ingame).

Go Go Go - Soldier will instruct an advance.

Affirmative - Soldier will respond positively. This does not accept Commander/Squad Leader issued orders, but allows an acknowledgement.

Thank You - Soldier will call his thanks.

Need Ammo - Soldier will call for ammunition resupply, accompanied by an ammunition symbol above the player (and on the minimap).

Need a Ride - Soldier will request vehicular transportation. As with ammo and medic shouts, a vehicle symbol will be displayed on the soldier.

Negative - Soldier will respond negatively to an instruction.

Sorry - Soldier will issue an apology.

Request Order - Soldier will request objective based instructions, this command will be heard by the Squad Leader.

SQUAD LEADER
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131125033413/battlefield/images/1/15/Commorose-squadlead.jpg [static3.wikia.nocookie.net]

The Squad Leader commo-rose is similar to the regular one, with the exception of an additional command:

ATTACK/DEFEND - Soldier will issue and Attack/Defend order on the objective highlighted by the crosshair, if there is no objective highlighted the order will be issued to the crosshair's waypoint.

When a commander is in play, the Squad Leader also has access to five additional "REQUEST" commands:

Scan - Soldier will request a UAV scan from the Commander.

Supply - Soldier will request a Supply Drop from the Commander.

Order - Soldier will request an order directly from the Commander.

Vehicle - Soldier will request a Vehicle (Quad Bike) drop from the Commander.

Comm. - Alerts the Commander that you wish to speak via VOIP, no voice acting plays for this request (Thanks goes to Kaptyn27 for pointing this out)

In addition to this, when an order is issued to a Squad Leader from the Commander, the "ATTACK/DEFEND" option will change to "ACCEPT ORDER" - this will acknowledge the order and grant the Commander the relevant points for it's issue.

-----------
AIphabeticaI
CA Enrôlé : 2013-01-14
2014-01-07 22:59
Dude your target audience most likely doesn't read the forums, and albeit this is nicely written up... I have spent enough time playing BF to know that the idiots and useless people aren't gunna go away. Maybe this can get a sticky and maybe someone will learn.. who knows???
BF Vet Choppa' Pilot Surgical Field Medic DFRecon PCO No, you can't handle the truth.
rangertwozero
IE Enrôlé : 2011-11-03
2014-01-07 23:05
I play a lot this is good info if players utilised this more could help the game get better regarding team play/PTO . Thanks for taking time to post this )
WolfmanK9
2014-01-07 23:09
Cheers guys, was in a game earlier where the commander was literally only issuing orders to my squad because the others just weren't reacting, and it got me thinking.
I figured 5 minutes worth of typing's a good tradeoff for the potential of some better squadplay! :D
Goju_Ukot
US Enrôlé : 2012-01-02
2014-01-07 23:12
Oh that's pretty cool. I didn't realize this was in the game. I just recently learned about spotting and issuing object orders as a squad leader and now I have something else to work into my play. Thanks!
WolfmanK9
2014-01-07 23:14
Goju_Ukot said:
Oh that's pretty cool. I didn't realize this was in the game. I just recently learned about spotting and issuing object orders as a squad leader and now I have something else to work into my play. Thanks!

No problem mate, glad it's helped somebody!
rangertwozero
IE Enrôlé : 2011-11-03
2014-01-07 23:17
Yep has opened my eyes too really helpful thanks again
LordJef2
Enrôlé : 2012-05-11
2014-01-08 00:36
Hey I have a question!

For some reasons, sometime (rarely), I say *thanks*, and then I hear *Yeah no problems!*
Or when I cover one of my team mate, he says *you got it!*

Is there additional Commo-Rose options?
boxingkangeroo
US Enrôlé : 2012-02-01
2014-01-08 03:29
Oh yeah, great tips. Heres an even bigger one LISTEN TO ME WHEN I ASK FOR FUCKING AMMO/HEALTH WITH IT!
mistaviks
Enrôlé : 2013-11-02
2014-01-08 04:00
Two thirds of the time it's useless to me since I don't understand Chinese or Russian..
WolfmanK9
2014-01-08 12:56 , modifié le 2014-01-08 12:57 par WolfmanK9
LordJef2 said:
Hey I have a question!

For some reasons, sometime (rarely), I say *thanks*, and then I hear *Yeah no problems!*
Or when I cover one of my team mate, he says *you got it!*

Is there additional Commo-Rose options?

Hey there,
No, there's multiple voice commands for each option so you'll hear more than one response for when you say "Negative" for example (e.g. "I can't do that" or "No way, man".).
Incidentally, friendly soldiers will always have different voices to the players and are more varied in the things they say. Somethings are also context sensitive, so you may get congratulated for a promotion, or be told how lucky you are to have survived an explosion - these are triggered automatically, so the teammate will have done nothing to announce them (and probably won't have heard them!).

mistaviks said:
Two thirds of the time it's useless to me since I don't understand Chinese or Russian..

When you transmit a message via the commo-rose on the RU or CN team, it will sound like the native tongue to the player but teammates will hear the message in accented english - so don't worry!
stealth_finger
GB Enrôlé : 2011-10-28
2014-01-08 13:00 , modifié le 2014-01-08 13:01 par stealth_finger
Need ammo and need medic mark you on the map. They're the only ones worth using. All the talky ones just has your character say it and only people within a small radius will hear your character say it. Request order is useless as it gives the squad leader no visual indicator someone is doing it. It's only worth it for the squad leader as those messages pop up for commander.
IDarKIVeNoMI
Enrôlé : 2012-04-20
2014-01-08 13:00 , modifié le 2014-01-08 13:02 par IDarKIVeNoMI
When you transmit a message via the commo-rose on the RU or CN team, it will sound like the native tongue to the player but teammates will hear the message in accented english - so don't worry!

Its a NSA/CIA method to teach Russian and Mandarin to kids... :)

Codeword: Pooling
MadnessQuotient
GB Enrôlé : 2013-03-28
2014-01-08 13:03
I don't understand that. The implication is that CN/RU teammates understand Chinese and Russian, but the soldier himself doesn't... but somehow manages to speak it!

It would make confirming that you have hit the correct commorose option easier if you heard your soldier speak in your native language. Especially as the commorose is not the easiest thing to use on the fly with an analog stick (I'm forever saying "Thanks" "Sorry" "Negative" "I NEED AMMO" just because I keep hitting the wrong button...)
WolfmanK9
2014-01-08 13:05
stealth_finger said:
Request order is useless as it gives the squad leader no visual indicator someone is doing it. It's only worth it for the squad leader as those messages pop up for commander.

The Squad Leader will hear the message (no matter the radius, it comes as a radio command) so if they know what they're doing it will at least make them aware of a need for orders/change.
But yeah, most of the others have no obvious function - but are still nice for communicating with the team.
stealth_finger
GB Enrôlé : 2011-10-28
2014-01-08 13:11
WolfmanK9 said:
stealth_finger said:
Request order is useless as it gives the squad leader no visual indicator someone is doing it. It's only worth it for the squad leader as those messages pop up for commander.
The Squad Leader will hear the message (no matter the radius, it comes as a radio command) so if they know what they're doing it will at least make them aware of a need for orders/change.

Based on playing with the same people a lot of the time I can tell you it doesn't. It may trigger an audio cue but if it does it gets lost in all the other sfx. I usually end up being squad leader as I usually find the games and have never once noticed anyone asking for one even when they tell me they're doing it.
MadnessQuotient
GB Enrôlé : 2013-03-28
2014-01-08 13:16
To be honest, I would have liked a PTT (push to talk) button as an option on the spot button. It could be set up to cut you out of whatever squad/party chat channel you are in and into a "shout mode" where you can just make an aural request yourself that can be heard just like a commorose shout out (so by everyone on the battlefield within a certain radius). I reckon if the commorose stayed on screen while you used it and you could only use it for 5 seconds it would prevent it from being abused. It would make more complex communications like "Lets leapfrog up the left flank" or "you cover that door I'll cover this one" possible with team mates as well as squad mates.
WolfmanK9
2014-01-08 20:55
To the top for the new guys! :D
SMOKEATERirl
IE Enrôlé : 2011-10-31
2014-01-08 21:01
bump
If I had paid $100 for this game I'd be madder than a pervert with palsy trying to draw a vagina on an etch-a-sketch.
electricblooz
US Enrôlé : 2012-01-04
2014-01-08 21:06
You forgot to mention that everyone will completely ignore the little blinky symbol over your head and if, God Forbid, you actually try to answer someone else's blinky symbol (especially for health) they will usually run away from you and straight into the firefight. (that's if they don't mistake you for an enemy and unload a clip into you.)

Discussion fermée
Discussion fermée