このスレッドはロックされています。

Today's CTE patch (FAMAS, Stinger, and more)

BleedingUranium
CA 登録済み: 2011-10-25
2014-08-09 04:28

This is a CTE patch so, as always, things are fluid and can change very quickly. This may not be exactly what ships in the Vanilla game patch, but it should be close. Also, remember that patches like this happen multiple times a week in CTE.

----

Hello everyone! Our apologies again for yesterday’s fiasco. Hopefully this build will be more stable for everyone and we can get back to reviewing the patch changes.

PATCH CHANGES
I have bundled the patch notes from yesterday along with the new changes. Here are the changes included in this patch:

Audio Change
Details:
The change in volume of 3P footsteps based on in game events like explosions and weapon fire has been decreased.
Friendly soldier 3P footsteps are now lower than Enemy 3P footsteps

Result:
The result is that 3P enemy footsteps should now be easier to hear during gameplay. However, 3P Enemy footsteps will disappear in the audio mix temporarily if the player is firing their weapon, or if there is an explosion in close proximity. This is normal behavior.

Level and Object Optimizations
Freed up more texture memory across all platforms.
Object collision optimization.
Optimize physics objects to minimize “stutters”.
Improved problematic destructible buildings.
Fixed hole in carrier deck collision that allowed people to fall through into the ship and become trapped.
Add fix for AAV not spawning at CP C for team2 correctly on Rogue Transmission.

HUD
New hit indicators!
Stabilized reticles now base scale on screen vertical rather than horizontal.
Tweaked the default transparency of the vehicle occupancy and kill log HUD elements.

Obliteration Competitive
Reduced combat area size on Prison.
Blocked pipe access to rooftops on Zavod.

Ready-state deploy menu
Show pre-round timer in the deploy screen.
Implemented the Player Ready state system for all game modes except Defuse. In Defuse we’ll be using the existing custom preround mode.
The UI now renders proper team names and ready counts in friendly/enemy text colors.

Weapons
Adjusted close and medium sights to proper scale on: assault rifles, pistols, carbines, and shotguns.

General Bug Fixes and Polish
Smoother sway transitions on suppression instead of the reticle instantly jumping and creating a jarring effect.
Fix for inability to rebind gadget 1.
PC support for hot-plugging joysticks. One doesn’t have to restart the game to plug in or swap a joystick anymore
New UI options for tweaking the soldier ADS aiming sensitivity per scope range class and the Uniform Soldier Aiming formula. These new options are now exposed in a separate Advanced Control Options section.

From undeadpixels,

I’ve implemented a MBTLAW suggestion from the forum, please give lots of feedback on this. Along with this, the Stinger and Igla have had some big changes as well. The missiles now turn much slower and could potentially be dodged by extreme jet maneuvers (Don’t want this to be too easy to do; let me know). Again, please test and feedback on these changes as much as possible as they will continue to change and if everyone likes it will go over to other missiles. I’ve also nerfed the SLAM in an attempt to make the landmines more appealing. 3 will no longer kill a tank, so you will need to be carrying the 6 mine perk to solo a tank with SLAMs. This nerf may have been heavy handed but again, feedback please.

Another large change that I won’t describe specifically here, is to the MP7, FAMAS, and CZ3A1. Please give these weapons a go and let me know how they feel. Detailed changes will come later, but for now, I’ll just say try comparing the FAMAS to the AEK.

FEEDBACK
To give your feedback – please visit the appropriate forum and post your opinions there!

----

Those are the notes themselves, and here's some additional info, from a Symthic member:

The CZ3A1, FAMAS and MP7 got reduced to 900 rpm to prevent the recoil bug. To balance that, they got buffed in other areas and FAMAS has a 30 mag at last. Stats will likely change next week, no point in posting specifics.

Stinger and IGLA have less turn rate and acceleration to make countermeasures more reliable. They can also be dodged by jets. That is currently way too easy and will be adjusted soon.

SLAMs got a damage and blast radius nerf to stop them from being auto C4 traps. 4 SLAMs to kill a tank now.

Laser sight got a small buff iirc. SMAWs are slightly faster.
SovereignEagle
AU 登録済み: 2012-02-10
2014-08-09 04:30
first
A little bit of Monica in my life A little bit of Erica by my side A little bit of Rita is all I need A little bit of Tina is what I see A little bit of Sandra in the sun A little bit of Mary all night long A little bit of Jessica here I am A little bit of you makes me your man
SCRUBOLYMPICS
US 登録済み: 2014-06-17
2014-08-09 04:30
SMAWs need a bit more damage, like 21 damage minimum

I remember doing 19 damage against a tank and never pick up the SMAW ever again, or else it could potentially take 6 rockets to take out a tank, which is more than a standard soldier carries.
Kirk_Kirky
DK 登録済み: 2012-03-23
2014-08-09 04:31
FAMAS reduced to 900RPM and gave it a 30 mag? So, it's pretty much another useless weapon because the AEK is more superior
JohnSTX340
US 登録済み: 2011-11-15
2014-08-09 04:32
nerf slams to make mines more appealing.. really? why not simply make mines work like they did in bf3. They simply need a bigger radius to trigger them (obviously not the size of a slam) it's stupid that a tank can drive over a mine (if its in the middle between the tracks it won't go off) they simply need a bigger blast radius.

I hope these changes to slams won't make it into the vanilla game.
Be sure to check out my videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/truegunshotta Also, search for my server badHabitz on xboxOne!
noob_troller1
US 登録済み: 2013-01-04
2014-08-09 04:32
My poor Famas and Cz 3A1.

Welp ;_;
"R'ofl, Lord Of Lol, Come to us in our dankness. We offer you these false memes. Take them and cast your downboats upon them. For the night is dank and full of memes". - BroboxylicAcid
BleedingUranium
2014-08-09 04:33
M60E6 said:
SMAWs need a bit more damage, like 21 damage minimum

I remember doing 19 damage against a tank and never pick up the SMAW ever again, or else it could potentially take 6 rockets to take out a tank, which is more than a standard soldier carries.

Yeah, should be 20min. It's really good, but requires good positioning and usually good cover. I use it over the RPG simply because I can't stand how the RPG's sights are permanently zeroed to ~50m.
SCRUBOLYMPICS
US 登録済み: 2014-06-17
2014-08-09 04:33 , 編集済み 2014-08-09 04:35 : SCRUBOLYMPICS
^
That's extremely easy to overcome once you get used to it

And the SRAW would statistically be one of the best launchers if it weren't for the terrible hipfire, for some reason the missile will point straight towards the ground if your reticle is at a 90 degree angle.
TrueGunShotta said:

This is the beauty of the CTE, if it doesn't look good, they can change it before it's released to everyone.
JohnSTX340
2014-08-09 04:35
M60E6 said:
TrueGunShotta said:
This is the beauty of the CTE, if it doesn't look good, they can change it before it's released to everyone.

I know, but 4 slams to take out 1 tank basically makes slams worthless. Sometimes the ideas these guys come up with makes me wonder if they even play their own game.
Be sure to check out my videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/truegunshotta Also, search for my server badHabitz on xboxOne!
BleedingUranium
2014-08-09 04:40
TrueGunShotta said:
M60E6 said:
TrueGunShotta said:
I know, but 4 slams to take out 1 tank basically makes slams worthless. Sometimes the ideas these guys come up with makes me wonder if they even play their own game.

He specifically said in the notes that it may have been heavy handed. The details will change. This is CTE.
Ghostrider0067
US 登録済み: 2012-04-01
2014-08-09 04:44
Six SLAMs to kill a tank is utterly asinine.
Make the right choice from the start: M39 EMR. The DMR standard bearer by which all others are measured. There simply is no substitute.
AC2_iizz-cOO
CA 登録済み: 2012-05-21
2014-08-09 04:46
I seriously don't understand why SLAMs keep getting nerfed but the AT Mines never get buffed. This "nerf everything" mentality is starting to get a bit annoying.

Why not just make ATs do 50% damage to MBTs, IFVs, MAA, & MAs, and make it an OHK on everything else so that it has more consistency over the SLAMs? And to give give them an indirect buff, the blast radius of the SLAMs could be reduced.

That way, there's some actual incentive to use mines and SLAMs only get a slight nerf. Sounds much better IMO.
Observing.
ravenpig7
US 登録済み: 2012-04-13
2014-08-09 04:46 , 編集済み 2014-08-09 04:49 : ravenpig7
what happened to my beautiful Famas?
Edit: 900 RPM? Why not just call it an AEK now? Since it now has no advantage over the AEK now.
Call me Jihad Joe
rekt_2ez
US 登録済み: 2013-11-28
2014-08-09 04:47 , 編集済み 2014-08-09 04:49 : rekt_2ez
BleedingUranium said:
He specifically said in the notes that it may have been heavy handed. The details will change. This is CTE.

And yet if you know "its CTE" , why are you posting this here? Its pointless and just gets the kids riled up and believing that the changes are already set in stone... stupidity ensues.

GJ.
Xiphos0708
US 登録済み: 2013-10-11
2014-08-09 04:51
I hope they dont go overboard with the famas. I prefer it much more than the aek.
JohnSTX340
2014-08-09 04:53 , 編集済み 2014-08-09 04:54 : JohnSTX340
ArdinX said:
BleedingUranium said:
And yet if you know "its CTE" , why are you posting this here? Its pointless and just gets the kids riled up and believing that the changes are already set in stone... stupidity ensues.

GJ.

I'm glad he posted it here. It's obvious that this is CTE and no one believes anything is set in stone. However, most of the CTE changes ARE coming to the vanilla game. So, there is a chance it might come into the actual game. It's good to let the majority of playres know, this way they can express if they do or don't like something.

So no, his thread was not pointless and I wish I would come across more threads like this.

However, like someone mentioned earlier, this "nerf everything to make other things more appealing" option does not work. The reason no one uses mines is because they suck. simple as that. nerfing slams or even removing them from the game completely would not change the fact that mines still suck in this game.

I do use mines, however every time i place one I throw down a slam on top of it. Otherwise they never detonate.
trofim3021q
US 登録済み: 2012-10-14
2014-08-09 04:56
Famas needed its 1000 RPM. Extreme ROF and low mag size made it fun.
CurseXpert
US 登録済み: 2012-05-21
2014-08-09 04:57
Laser sight buff? So more accurate hipfire? Might give that a try when it comes to vanilla patch, haven't used it since it gives away position while peeking around/over corners.
For anyone who thinks I hack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO5OphHG63U
Smaisteri
FI 登録済み: 2011-10-27
2014-08-09 04:59
FAMAS ruined and MBT LAW made the ARM of ground vehicles. Whats next on the list?
Lasers pew pew.
JohnSTX340
2014-08-09 05:02
What are the changes to the LAW? He didn't mention what it is.

このスレッドはロックされています。
このスレッドはロックされています。