Thread is locked.

Verdict on the M1A1

DestronDeadEnd
Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2015-06-19 00:22
So, after a using the M1A1 for a considerable amount of time, I think I've reached a verdict on the weapon. The gun is terrible.Some of the biggest offenders are:

1: The weapon is bad at nearly all ranges. It's really painful to put 8 rounds into a Mechanic at 40m for him to turn around and melt you with his golden MPX.
2:The M1A1 doesn't have a "niche" Some weapons are good CQB guns. Others are great at range. The M1A1 is OK at CQB, and bad at everything else!
3: The lack of customization for the weapon. Now sure you want it to be "authentic" but it makes the gun only work well within 15m with hipfire. Otherwise you lose your target in the sight.Also, no non-metallic camos. Why?
4: Being an All-Class weapon doesn't make it worth it.This gun will fall to the sidelines, forgotten by anyone who wants to do more than go slightly positive in a match.

Statistically speaking, you could argue that this is the worst primary in the game. It's abysmal. I gave it a go, and lost all too often.
Did you ever use the Thompson? Probably for 10 kills, and I can't blame you.
ItsMelGibson85
CA Enlisted: 2015-03-28
2015-06-19 00:46 , edited 2015-06-19 00:47 by ItsMelGibson85
Ive seen a lot of people using it

It handles well with the stubby, and a drum mag lets you shred everything in sight.

I only play HC though, so thats why I dont mind it, Im sure its very frustrating to use in normal mode with its low damage

Though youd think giving it a realistic .45 punch would make up for its lack of customization...Its iron sights are bad, though not the worst...Suitable only for cqb

Now the famas from bf3, and the ump45...Those sights were horrible
Kyrzz_3ib1g2qi0
Enlisted: 2014-01-12
2015-06-19 00:55
M1A1 is a great gun if it wasn't for the terrible iron sights. They're not -exactly- in the center, you can "move" it around know what I mean? Making it hard to see where you're shooting at.
BCwasbetter
Enlisted: 2011-11-25
2015-06-19 00:56
ItsMelGibson85 said:

It handles well with the stubby, and a drum mag lets you shred everything in sight.

I only play HC though, so thats why I dont mind it, Im sure its very frustrating to use in normal mode with its low damage

Though youd think giving it a realistic .45 punch would make up for its lack of customization...Its iron sights are bad, though not the worst...Suitable only for cqb

I got 34 stars with the ump irons only. The famas was terrible no doubt but i found the ump quite good.
DestronDeadEnd
2015-06-19 00:59
ItsMelGibson85 said:

Yeah. I guess it could be pretty damn good in HC considering the 60 health. Also, the .45 should do at least 30 up close.
Kyrzz_3ib1g2qi0 said:
M1A1 is a great gun if it wasn't for the terrible iron sights. They're not -exactly- in the center, you can "move" it around know what I mean? Making it hard to see where you're shooting at.

I know, you have to stop moving to align the iron sights. Terrible when side-strafing.
Squirrel_trip
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-19 03:44
CoD 2 version was way better.
Jackurs
Enlisted: 2014-01-13
2015-06-19 04:12
I seem to get killed by the large spray from 32 people in a lobby.
Ratsaladdd
US Enlisted: 2013-10-29
2015-06-19 04:30
Kyrzz_3ib1g2qi0 said:

I thought it was just me. Yea the iron sights sort of float.
bronx-mob82
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-06-19 05:31
I actually used it a fair bit for at least the 250 kills for the dino helmet. I find it useful for the large mag and its more of a suppression weapon in cqb. Its not terrible fired in bursts and I managed 250 kills in maybe an hour Ive had a hard time with other weapons. I think it comes down to playstyle. I also managed to get alot of 3+ multikills inside the 30yd range.
-273C
2015-06-19 05:33
I'm sick of the authentic guns that don't perform well. Give me a sick with k10 or m16 stats and I'm happy. I don't care what the real life gun is, the performance is what matters.
-273°C
Billydoc1
US Enlisted: 2012-01-31
2015-06-19 09:01
use the grip & hip fire
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2015-06-19 10:11 , edited 2015-06-19 10:12 by DANNYonPC
Holy shit, 1001 kills already]

respect lol

I stopped after the 100
AFK from the forumfield
bapman63
US Enlisted: 2013-11-02
2015-06-19 15:32
DestronDeadEnd said:
So, after a using the M1A1 for a considerable amount of time, I think I've reached a verdict on the weapon. The gun is terrible.Some of the biggest offenders are:

1: The weapon is bad at nearly all ranges. It's really painful to put 8 rounds into a Mechanic at 40m for him to turn around and melt you with his golden MPX.
2:The M1A1 doesn't have a "niche" Some weapons are good CQB guns. Others are great at range. The M1A1 is OK at CQB, and bad at everything else!
3: The lack of customization for the weapon. Now sure you want it to be "authentic" but it makes the gun only work well within 15m with hipfire. Otherwise you lose your target in the sight.Also, no non-metallic camos. Why?
4: Being an All-Class weapon doesn't make it worth it.This gun will fall to the sidelines, forgotten by anyone who wants to do more than go slightly positive in a match.

Statistically speaking, you could argue that this is the worst primary in the game. It's abysmal. I gave it a go, and lost all too often.

You say its a terrible weapon and yet there are a couple of treads out all ready that say its OP and need a nerf. Maybe the weapon isn't conducive to your style of game play.
HomicideJack
2015-06-19 15:44
It does 25 maximum damage and fifteen minimum. I did well on a few matches, particularly going 44-6, but I was almost always flanking and using it that way. That nice drum mag helps cut down a good number of folks. But the lack of damage compared to comparable weapons leads to a lackluster performance. Buff the damage to 34.

It fires the exact same round as the K10 and UMP45, but with a long barrel - thus it should hit harder due to an increased bullet velocity. Why it hits so weakly compared to short-barrel counterparts, I'll never know. DICE, please learn physics.
If I stop shooting at you it's because you're either dead or I'm reloading.
AngryMister
LT Enlisted: 2013-12-13
2015-06-19 15:48 , edited 2015-06-19 15:48 by AngryMister
Worst gun ever
$45,000 to trash as well
DestronDeadEnd
2015-06-19 15:51
bapman63 said:
DestronDeadEnd said:

You say its a terrible weapon and yet there are a couple of treads out all ready that say its OP and need a nerf. Maybe the weapon isn't conducive to your style of game play.

The gun works pretty well with my play style. The OP threads are just M416 100 gold service star people who got flanked and thus wrecked by the M1A1. The weapon is statistically terrible,and that can be proven by looking on symthic.
HomicideJack
2015-06-19 16:26
If anything for them to whine about, I'd've thought it'd be the FAL, although even that thing is junk. 1.3 vertical recoil, lmao.
If I stop shooting at you it's because you're either dead or I'm reloading.
supernarfa
Enlisted: 2013-05-13
2015-06-19 16:45 , edited 2015-06-19 16:46 by supernarfa
I don't really see a particular reason to use it. It's worse than basically most of the guns in the Operator, Mechanic, and Enforcer kit, plus the Professional kit is trash so there is really no reason to use it there.

All kit weapons worked in BF4 because sometimes you didn't want to use an LMG or a sniper, but still use some of the great gadgets. So you could switch to a carbine and still be pretty effective, albeit not as effect as the specialty weapons. The vast majority of gadgets in this game are trash, the classes are defined by their weapons, not their roles. So it's basically a pointless addition.
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2015-06-19 17:06
HomicideJack said:
If anything for them to whine about, I'd've thought it'd be the FAL, although even that thing is junk. 1.3 vertical recoil, lmao.

Angled fixes a lot

Also console users cant counter recoil that well :p
AFK from the forumfield
TickTak77
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2015-06-19 18:05
It's a pretty average gun, which is exactly what an all-kit weapon should be.

If you were expecting anything more than that, give your head a shake.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.