Thread is locked.

Dev Interaction on Battlelog

Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-19 20:55 , edited 2015-06-19 21:35 by T0TALfps
Hi Everyone,
My name is Zach and I am the Producer on Battlefield Hardline here at Visceral Games. I know I haven’t been on the forums very much. Truth is, we are very busy working on continuing to improve the game, and the more time I spend on forums the less time I am spending with the team on the game. That being said, reading through some threads this morning, it is very clear that one of the biggest frustrations in the community is the lack of communication coming from the Dev team. I can fix that! So, going forward, I am going to make a serious effort to be more present on the forums.

Part of the reason I don’t post on here is there are so many posts it’s hard to dig through everything to see what actually needs my attention. I pretty much reply to everyone on Twitter (@Zachulon) because it’s just easy - when someone contacts me I get a notification, I answer, then I get back to work. To help with this, I have talked to some of the mods about calling attention to the posts I need to be on. That way I am not digging through everything. If you have a post on here that I need to get on, you can also just tweet the link at me to get my attention. I will get on these posts, I will try to be as open and transparent with what’s going on as I can. I only have one request; be professional. I want to listen and improve the game, but it’s very difficult if you’re name calling and not being professional about it. Let’s try to be nice, or at least civil.

Ok, now that my long intro is out of the way let’s get down to business. Full transparency; making video games is really hard and complicated. I know from the outside it seems simple and I see a lot of people on here making assumptions about what we can and cannot do. The truth is, we work super hard and we’ve spent a lot of late nights this week (and in general) here at the studio. We really love this game and want nothing more than to continue to improve it and make it better. That’s going to be an ongoing process and we will learn and grow as we go forward. I am super proud of how we launched the game and the way the game plays, but there are going to be some bumps along the way.

The new plan with Criminal Activity on PC is to launch it ASAP next week. We need to work this weekend to make sure we’ve got it all sorted, I know your patience is running out but please bear with us. There are a number of other issues people have brought up on threads and I will start diving in and discussing those next week, once CA is out on PC and I have more free time. I do want to say I really appreciate the passion for the game from the community, both positive and negative. The future of making games is developers working and communicating directly with gamers to get the people what they want. That is my full intention here, to build that relationship with our players so Hardline is the game you want (now I just have to figure out how to make EVERYONE happy, I’m sure that’ll be no problem ).

Anyway, thanks for reading. I’m looking forward to diving into more conversation with you all.

Zach
@Zachulon
NiceDrewishFella
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-19 20:58
Thank you Zach. I fear you are fighting an uphill battle here, but glad to see you reaching out to the community.

People tend to forget there are real, human people making these games, and some of the bile I see spewed on Twitter and these forums is embarassing to me as a gamer and a human being.

Keep up the hard work, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.
"Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half." Bum Phillips
Azekurahayate
US Enlisted: 2013-05-12
2015-06-19 21:14
Can you please not turn BFH into Nerfield 4, Please that is all I ask, add more recoil spread or what not, but dont make guns become useless.
Im not happy with BF4 at the moment and I am happy with the gunplay of BFH.
Just for the love god don't make guns useless like BF4, MPX and K10, need some tweeks to make them stil viable.
BUt I am happy with content regardless.
DestronDeadEnd
Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2015-06-19 21:20
Thanks for the post Zach. Hopefully this can help improve BF:H and turn it into a better experience for all of us.
jazzy7322
Enlisted: 2012-03-02
2015-06-19 21:32
Probably a trivial matter in comparison to some of the things going on at the moment and being last gen does not help (xbox 360), if possible could we know why we do not have an option to install the full game to hard drive or if we are going to get the option in due course.
Hardline is an enjoyable game and having the option to install it can only benefit the way it runs imo.
Dewdski
US Enlisted: 2011-12-31
2015-06-19 21:36
Wow, that's awesome right there! Thanks and good work! I enjoy your game as much as my wife and kids let me! It's a great stress reliever for me :)
Keep up the good work, it doesn't go unnoticed.
serialced
BE Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2015-06-19 23:38 , edited 2015-06-19 23:51 by serialced
Should get your mods to be SOMEWHAT polite to people that have been waiting for answers for a very long time....
A topic on compensation was closed by an apparently obtuse moderator. The way he justified his actions were like a slap in my face.
It wasnt even a topic of mine nor did I have a comment in it, and it still struck me on a personal level.

This is a forum, people have paid a decent amount of money for content that was not delivered, without any decent form of explanation.
Mods suspending our right to communicate on top of all of this shows a clear lack of empathy that is not warranted in any way.

At least let the people have their chat about all of this and give the community an opportunity to meet, despite the issues.

People are frustrated with the whole situation already, and then to see the mods close every single topic that attempts to have a civilized discussion, is just insulting. It's what prompted me to ask for a refund just now. Unfortunately for me, the game launch was also flawed and I had to buy the game on another account and then have it transferred, so here I am, waiting again, just waiting.....

Your attitude towards your customers is despicable.

Edit: Finally some success: http://imgur.com/77Cg3ab [imgur.com]
IIDarth_GibboII
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-12
2015-06-19 23:48
Thanks Zach.

Great post, although I do fear soon this will be a 50 page Complaint fest.
DestronDeadEnd
Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2015-06-20 00:07
SirLordGibbo said:
Thanks Zach.

Great post, although I do fear soon this will be a 50 page Complaint fest.

You just wait Gibbo, you just wait...
johnnyrjr88
Enlisted: 2012-01-07
2015-06-20 00:23
After you get PC fixed. Can you work on getting us premium players ledgenary status. That's it that all I want. Everything in the game to me is going good keep up the awesome job
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2015-06-20 00:32
Go Zach Go!
AFK from the forumfield
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 01:15
jazzy7322 said:
Probably a trivial matter in comparison to some of the things going on at the moment and being last gen does not help (xbox 360), if possible could we know why we do not have an option to install the full game to hard drive or if we are going to get the option in due course.
Hardline is an enjoyable game and having the option to install it can only benefit the way it runs imo.

I don't know why that is to be honest. No idea if I have the power to change it but I'm at least going to find out why and get back to you. If I forget next week, remind me after CA is up on PC. The guy I need to talk to about it is not to be disturbed this weekend.
PeaPea02
GB Enlisted: 2011-12-27
2015-06-20 01:20
Good post i hope going forward with more transparency the player base will increase or those who have left return, on PC at least.
I may also be known as Asbo02 / DirtyDipsy
iR0NSPiN3
SE Enlisted: 2015-03-19
2015-06-20 01:21 , edited 2015-06-20 01:24 by iR0NSPiN3
Zachulon:
You could start with investigating why some PS4 Premium customers is unable to play the new maps (Criminal Activity). For some reason, the console does not acknowledge that the DLC is installed, but displays "Buy DLC" instead of "Join server" when selecting a server with the CA maps. Nothing done at the user side seems to work (reinstalling).

The silence from the responsible side (EA/Visceral) regarding this is a damn shame.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793916511120/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189503863/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793851472396/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189673562/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 01:34
I just learned an important lesson about Battlelog forums. I can't reply multiple times in a row, lol. I wanted to address the other issues as well so I'll try one big one.

serialced said:
Should get your mods to be SOMEWHAT polite to people that have been waiting for answers for a very long time....
A topic on compensation was closed by an apparently obtuse moderator. The way he justified his actions were like a slap in my face.
It wasnt even a topic of mine nor did I have a comment in it, and it still struck me on a personal level.

This is a forum, people have paid a decent amount of money for content that was not delivered, without any decent form of explanation.
Mods suspending our right to communicate on top of all of this shows a clear lack of empathy that is not warranted in any way.

At least let the people have their chat about all of this and give the community an opportunity to meet, despite the issues.

People are frustrated with the whole situation already, and then to see the mods close every single topic that attempts to have a civilized discussion, is just insulting. It's what prompted me to ask for a refund just now. Unfortunately for me, the game launch was also flawed and I had to buy the game on another account and then have it transferred, so here I am, waiting again, just waiting.....

Your attitude towards your customers is despicable.

Edit: Finally some success: http://imgur.com/77Cg3ab [imgur.com]

I'm sorry you're upset but this is basically my first day on the forums so I don't want to speak on something I don't know about or haven't seen. I'm not ignoring you I just don't know enough right now to engage in that discussion.

I've talked to a couple of our mods and I know they really care and work hard to help us identify how to improve the game. I'm looking forward to building relationships with them so we can all focus on continuing to improve the game.
Sonic5745
US Enlisted: 2013-10-13
2015-06-20 01:46
Excellent post! I'm really enjoying the game, even though like every game, it has problems that need to be fixed. I hope you all at Visceral can soon find a way to attract players, especially those on PC.

I enjoy this game because, unlike the anti-BFH people out there, I actually like the cops and criminals theme. The whole "BFH isn't military, so it isn't BF!" thing I think is just an excuse to hate the game. It feels and plays like a BF game, even if it isn't military. The only thing people are complaining about that I agree (and don't in a way) with is that this game lacks weapons. I say I also don't agree with this complaint for one reason. The reason is because even in BF4 with the large amount of weapons, I usually only use a certain weapon or weapons for each class, like several other players I've come across in that game. I'm also sure that due to the numerous complaints about this issue, you devs may add more weapons as time goes on. The first DLC already added about 5 or so guns, so I can't wait to see what the future DLC packs will bring.




iR0NSPiN3 said:
Zachulon:
You could start with investigating why some PS4 Premium customers is unable to play the new maps (Criminal Activity). For some reason, the console does not acknowledge that the DLC is installed, but displays "Buy DLC" instead of "Join server" when selecting a server with the CA maps. Nothing done at the user side seems to work (reinstalling).

The silence from the responsible side (EA/Visceral) regarding this is a damn shame.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793916511120/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189503863/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793851472396/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189673562/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
To at least try to help with your issue, did you try downloading CA from the PS Store? I checked in the morning on the day of release for the DLC, and it wasn't available. I checked later in the afternoon, and it was. Though it may depend on where you live? If it isn't available right now, then yeah, I don't know what to tell you. :/
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 01:49
iR0NSPiN3 said:
Zachulon:
You could start with investigating why some PS4 Premium customers is unable to play the new maps (Criminal Activity). For some reason, the console does not acknowledge that the DLC is installed, but displays "Buy DLC" instead of "Join server" when selecting a server with the CA maps. Nothing done at the user side seems to work (reinstalling).

The silence from the responsible side (EA/Visceral) regarding this is a damn shame.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793916511120/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189503863/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793851472396/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189673562/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

We actually were talking about this issue this morning. Smarter people than me are working on it, I'll see if I can get an update or possible work around.
IIDarth_GibboII
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-12
2015-06-20 03:14
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I can't link it right now, but is this possible?
jazzy7322
Enlisted: 2012-03-02
2015-06-20 03:32 , edited 2015-06-20 03:33 by jazzy7322
Zachulon said:
jazzy7322 said:
Probably a trivial matter in comparison to some of the things going on at the moment and being last gen does not help (xbox 360), if possible could we know why we do not have an option to install the full game to hard drive or if we are going to get the option in due course.
Hardline is an enjoyable game and having the option to install it can only benefit the way it runs imo.
I don't know why that is to be honest. No idea if I have the power to change it but I'm at least going to find out why and get back to you. If I forget next week, remind me after CA is up on PC. The guy I need to talk to about it is not to be disturbed this weekend.
I totally understand that Zach and thank you for a speedy response, its appreciated.
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 04:15
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I can't link it right now, but is this possible?

I like the idea but that kind of thing is more of a business decision. I pretty much just work on the content side of things.
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.