Thread is locked.

Dev Interaction on Battlelog

IIDarth_GibboII
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-12
2015-06-20 04:21
Ok, another question Zachulon. I will ask this in a civil manner (I'm not premium anyway) But I will ask before people come in wanting to know.

Speaking in behalf of Premium members, when will the Gun Bench, Legendary Status and whatnot be introduced to the game?
doonwallaby
CA Enlisted: 2015-03-17
2015-06-20 04:35
Thanks, Zach. This is great. You're lucky the bigger complainers don't seem to look at the pinned posts at the top of the forum. Enjoy your respite from them.

An issue from CA that you are likely aware of, but the sheet metal walls on the lower part of the covered bridge (the side closer to the train rather than to the burner, especially) is occasionally porous (on PS4, at least). You can occasionally see and kill people whose asses are protruding through the walls. Same thing happens with the transport trucks on Everglades, although I've noticed it far less there.
iR0NSPiN3
SE Enlisted: 2015-03-19
2015-06-20 04:46
Zachulon said:
iR0NSPiN3 said:
Zachulon:
You could start with investigating why some PS4 Premium customers is unable to play the new maps (Criminal Activity). For some reason, the console does not acknowledge that the DLC is installed, but displays "Buy DLC" instead of "Join server" when selecting a server with the CA maps. Nothing done at the user side seems to work (reinstalling).

The silence from the responsible side (EA/Visceral) regarding this is a damn shame.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793916511120/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189503863/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793851472396/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189673562/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
We actually were talking about this issue this morning. Smarter people than me are working on it, I'll see if I can get an update or possible work around.

Thank you - like I said, it helps to know that you guys are aware of the problem but please keep us updated throughout the process (like it's been done with the PC issue). It would calm the situation, so to speak...

Thanks.
Azekurahayate
US Enlisted: 2013-05-12
2015-06-20 05:22 , edited 2015-06-20 05:24 by Azekurahayate
serialced said:
Should get your mods to be SOMEWHAT polite to people that have been waiting for answers for a very long time....
A topic on compensation was closed by an apparently obtuse moderator. The way he justified his actions were like a slap in my face.
It wasnt even a topic of mine nor did I have a comment in it, and it still struck me on a personal level.

This is a forum, people have paid a decent amount of money for content that was not delivered, without any decent form of explanation.
Mods suspending our right to communicate on top of all of this shows a clear lack of empathy that is not warranted in any way.

At least let the people have their chat about all of this and give the community an opportunity to meet, despite the issues.

People are frustrated with the whole situation already, and then to see the mods close every single topic that attempts to have a civilized discussion, is just insulting. It's what prompted me to ask for a refund just now. Unfortunately for me, the game launch was also flawed and I had to buy the game on another account and then have it transferred, so here I am, waiting again, just waiting.....

Your attitude towards your customers is despicable.

Edit: Finally some success: http://imgur.com/77Cg3ab [imgur.com]

I don't a lot of you guy are really annoying as well. F words galore, so don't act like you guys are so innocent. Yes I have seen all those posts. alot of you deserve to be banned and down right told to shut up. So I am siding with the mods at this point and unlike everyone I am not pissed or mad. the update was great and I know this is their first time working with the frostbite engines. Which we all know aint easy. What I am worried is I dont want this to become like BF4, where everything is nerfed to oblivion. I want every-gun to viable.
CultureKingLp
Enlisted: 2014-03-26
2015-06-20 05:44
Good to hear from someone, and I realise that posting on here takes you away from your main job, but many people don't need a lot of info. it would take 30 seconds to advise why we can't get on to the new map servers, and what the ETA is for fixing it. Initially that's all people need to know. I log on every hour to find no new map servers - if someone said "try on Tuesday", then that is what I would do.
Kaabob42
US Enlisted: 2013-08-22
2015-06-20 06:03
Zach, thank you for finally reaching out and giving us hope for a franchise we adore.. I hope (forgive me for being cautious due to prior history) that this isn't a PR move in earnest.

We love this franchise, and I personally, love how this game plays out.. When it works, its FUN!, but lately it's not, and the missed deadlines, the false promises, the IRON FISTED moderators in the forums, and the myriad of other detracting issues is making me scratch my head and wonder what kind of masochist I really am.

That being said..

The forum presence needs to be upped and polished.. It's a ghost town here, and this is where we expect interaction, not on twitter, reddit, facebook, etc.. HERE!, so please work with us.. I TOTALLY understand and AGREE to keep it professional, and I hope the community here abides. We ARE frustrated and it's going to take some effort to win most back. Please don't fail us on this.

Game issues. Currently there are a lot of people with crashing, freezing, hanging after the patch.. myself included.. what can we do to help alleviate this? I rarely make it to the end of a round now.

There are many other issues, but these two are PARAMOUNT IMHO.. I'm willing to work to help, what can you offer?

Thank you.
JeremyMSI
US Enlisted: 2012-04-18
2015-06-20 06:13
thank you for posting an update.
premium is still cheaper then a night out on a weekend
Wickid_Splat
US Enlisted: 2012-02-02
2015-06-20 06:51 , edited 2015-06-20 07:02 by Wickid_Splat
Thanks for your heartfelt post Zach. I am just a noob player and always will be, i play for fun and not competition. However i am a consumer and i have spent tons of money on this franchise like many others have. My feeling is that you should already have in place a production system that works, if not change it. You should already have equipment and knowledgable people to meet deadlines, if not get more or let someone go who is not living up to the challenge.

Honestly gaming companies in my opinion have very very deep pockets and make a killing off of people like me. And as appreciative as i am of your post, im sorry but you dont get the priviledge or luxury of having a goof up like this one. You have had plenty of time to get CA done, you have had plenty of money to develope it and you have had plenty of time to test it. Someone dropped the ball. Someone in those meetings you have that said their part was done either lied or does not have the technical skills to do what they are doing. I may be nieve but to me its this simple, someone did not test this properly on a PC before release. Someone didnt sign on to battlelog and run the game on a PC that im sure you have somewhere in your office and discover that it just didnt work. To me its that simple.

To me i cant understand why this is so hard, you have done this before. Battlefield had DLC, BF3 had DLC, BF4 had DLC, and your trying to tell me that BFHL AC is so different that the DLC takes on new problems. Bugs are one thing everything we use has them, but failing on initial release OMG can you see the utter lack of understanding by noobs like myself as to how that can even happen. You say you want to be transparent, great, please explain how that happens, or what exactly happened this time that is so different with this DLC that it broke before we even opened the box.

Appreciate your time.. thanks
Its all about the Splat!
Leon1008
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-06-20 08:55 , edited 2015-06-20 09:03 by Leon1008
Hello Zach!

Great and personal post! I love the game and wish you best of luck!

Btw, please accept my apology for assuming that you were not working this weekend, but actually you do and work hard on solving the problem with the CA on PC.

I am also looking forward to a gun bench and legendary. status. Any ETA or news?
ShevermiN
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-20 09:35
Zach I only have one thing to say...

LOVE YOUR GAME

Now you took a risk with 100% health, and the hardcore crowd walked away from the game first week. It didn't bother me and you took the step to set it back to 60% with the last patch.

Maybe you could see if there is any interest in defaulting hardcore to those setting found back in BF3, reload full mags was always a poor choice, just counter to good gaming practice. And maybe the mini map turned back on by default sans spotting.

These aren't game breakers for me, and I will always play hardcore, I never play in servers with FF off and 3d spotting plus auto regen is not how I've ever played shooters. It's where the kids hang out.

I hope the numbers in the game can grow, and if that means you have to give all those who pre ordered just the stock game DLC maps for free, if they want the guns then they can fork out for premium but you should have a talk to marketing and see if we can keep the community in the same servers.

And just incase I didn't make it clear enough...

LOVE YOUR GAME..

PS it's hardcore or go home for me :)
MUPOUTIT
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2015-06-20 09:41
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I can't link it right now, but is this possible?
I like the idea but that kind of thing is more of a business decision. I pretty much just work on the content side of things.

Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game, the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab, after playing for the last few days it is clear that visceral are terrible at making fps multiplayer games, you and your team should face facts that you have another flop on your hands like warfighter and there will never be another game in this horrible buggy unbalanced mess of a series, please go back to making dead space games and leave multiplayer games to better studios the yours. cheers
IIDarth_GibboII
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-12
2015-06-20 09:48
MUPOUTIT said:
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I like the idea but that kind of thing is more of a business decision. I pretty much just work on the content side of things.
Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game, the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab, after playing for the last few days it is clear that visceral are terrible at making fps multiplayer games, you and your team should face facts that you have another flop on your hands like warfighter and there will never be another game in this horrible buggy unbalanced mess of a series, please go back to making dead space games and leave multiplayer games to better studios the yours. cheers

And then there's this guy. Shut up.
MUPOUTIT
2015-06-20 10:05
SirLordGibbo said:
MUPOUTIT said:
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,

Ha Ha Ha you mad bra why are you mad bra?
DANNYonPC
NL Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2015-06-20 10:07
Zachulon said:
I just learned an important lesson about Battlelog forums. I can't reply multiple times in a row, lol. I wanted to address the other issues as well so I'll try one big one.

If you have adminpowers you can do that
AFK from the forumfield
captcrabman
VG Enlisted: 2011-12-24
2015-06-20 11:12
Zachulon thank you for the patch I'm glad the game is headed in the right direction finally.
Leon1008
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-06-20 11:29 , edited 2015-06-20 11:31 by Leon1008
SirLordGibbo said:
MUPOUTIT said:

He is one of those people called "socially challenged". Hopefully, Zach won't get discouraged by them.
doonwallaby
2015-06-20 13:33
MUPOUTIT said:

Hate to use such strong language in a family forum, but what a turd. The poster; not the game, that is.
MUPOUTIT
2015-06-20 13:55 , edited 2015-06-20 14:00 by MUPOUTIT
All of what i said in this thread i mean, this game is an unbalanced mess and now i like so many other battlefield players fell that this was a cheap cash grab, i was well up for a new type of battlefield game and going on the strenght of visceral's dead space series was expecting great things, however since playing this game for the last few days i can clearly see that it is badly broken and that visceral are clearly not up to the task of making multiplayer games, so people may have felt that i was harsh in how i put my point across but at no point did i insult zachulon on a personal level or any of visceral's staff unlike leon1008 and doonwallaby.

It just goes to show that if you disagree with people on this forum rather than writing a different point of view on the game and it's mechanics there is name calling and then i get called socially challenged how very strange.
doonwallaby
2015-06-20 14:22
MUPOUTIT said:
so people may have felt that i was harsh in how i put my point across but at no point did i insult zachulon on a personal level or any of visceral's staff unlike leon1008 and doonwallaby.

You're right. I shouldn't have called you a turd. Your opinion, as presented here, is flushable, but I'm in no position to make such a judgment about you. I'm sorry I called you a turd.
AldermachXI
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-20 14:23 , edited 2015-06-20 14:31 by AldermachXI
lol...I was pretty civil with you before you thought trolling was the appropriate response. http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/Dredg_XI/Battlefield/ZachTheTroll_zpshnfpbimq.jpg [s727.photobucket.com]

I've given you pretty constructive feedback over the last couple weeks. Pretty much told you HOW to fix this mess. Brought to your attention that Assignments are game breaking...But the release of Criminal Activity - or lack there of - just proves that you guys weren't listening to anyone (except for maybe YouTubers and their child followings)

Thanks for the post. You're paying attention to the forums now. Great.

Now listen to the feedback and actually APPLY it.

I get the feeling we'll just be seeing more and more of this Easter Egg garbage roll out with the future DLCs:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190226657/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

lol DannyOnPC basically works on the game along side Visceral (he's a "GameChanger") and he's trying to drive up "mystery" around these Easter Eggs...lol lame. Go play Myst, Danny.

It's pretty simple...Give people incentive to play mixed modes. Make "competitive modes" with higher rewards, best 2 of 3 rounds, buy in to curb quitting...etc.

DON'T make MORE assignments that will cause your community to boost...like "Fast and Bloody" for the Rabbit Mask. 100 Hotwire Cruising Coins...lol.

It's as though you guys WANT people to boost. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190709233/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

This is where you're going VERY wrong:

"The future of making games is developers working and communicating directly with gamers to get the people what they want. That is my full intention here, to build that relationship with our players so Hardline is the game you want (now I just have to figure out how to make EVERYONE happy, I’m sure that’ll be no problem)"

You're dead wrong about this...A game doesn't have to make everyone happy. Stick to your vision, and the game will be better. Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to exactly this.

If you made a game for BATTLEFIELD fans, they'd love it. Problem is, you didn't make a game for Battlefield fans.
BitFenix Prodigy (Orange) // Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE // i5 3570@3.4GHz // CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 // Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce // Kingston HyperX 16GB @1600MHz // BenQ XL2420T // Razer Deathadder 2013 // Razer BlackWidow // Razer Kraken Pro

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.