Thread is locked.

Dev Interaction on Battlelog

ShevermiN
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-20 14:25 , edited 2015-06-21 02:50 by ShevermiN
Well MUPOUTIT lets have a look at some of you points of view.

1 "Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game" I think you were asserting that every area of the game was a broken mess ??? please qualify ?? game runs fine.

2 " the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab" EA sell computer games, to make money, the term cash grab is irrelevant.

3 "since playing this game for the last few days i can clearly see that it is badly broken and that visceral are clearly not up to the task of making multiplayer games" your belief that the game is broken is purely subjective and backed up by little evidence. The game also works fine as a multiplayer game.

And after playing the game for 200 hours over the last 3 months I can say that the game is not buggy, is well balanced, could be one of the most finely tuned FPS's in the past decade. Yes it is asymmetrical game play that means different sides have different load out advantages. Yes it has fewer guns than BF4 but due to the objective based gameplay focus it was important not to confuse the gamers with too many weapon choices. The game rewards teamplay and PTFO'ing with points more than any other game in the series. You can top the ladder without getting a kill at the end of a round, that is awesome.
Now after playing all game modes except a lot of TDM, which includes rescue and crossfire. I can state that in my 20 years of FPS gaming that this is by far the most complete and balanced multiplayer experience I have played.... Nothing comes close, this is gaming at it most pure and those that are giving it a miss because of poor reviews and forum hate and rage speak are missing out ...

That's my opinion..
Ellenhey
Enlisted: 2012-11-10
2015-06-20 14:33
@Zachulon where is the gun bench? Will it even ever happen?
AldermachXI
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-20 14:36
^ I agree with most of what you said.

But when you need a friend to play as a Hacker to get Rep Tier 4 x10 (or use in-game boosts)...when they make Assignments like "Get 100 Hotwire Cruising Coins", it's not gonna help populate REAL servers.

All it's gonna do is continue this trend of Hotwire No Kill servers. Or really, at this point we only need a couple...That's how small the population is.

There are basically 3 servers in North America that are usually full, but you're stuck playing 24/7 The Block, Hotwire boosting, or TDM...

I'd love to be playing Hardline on PC. But I can't find a 32 player match of Heist, CQS, Hotwire...there are no Heist, Rescue, Crosshair servers.

The game IS good. People just need incentive to actually PLAY it. Not assignments that perpetuate cheesing.
BitFenix Prodigy (Orange) // Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE // i5 3570@3.4GHz // CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 // Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce // Kingston HyperX 16GB @1600MHz // BenQ XL2420T // Razer Deathadder 2013 // Razer BlackWidow // Razer Kraken Pro
I-Uberpanda-I
Enlisted: 2014-12-07
2015-06-20 14:56
This Thread, is worth more than 1000 battlepack's.

I'm glad a developer of the game showed some courage and got in touch with the community.
that's priceless. and way more worth than a "banner" or a "battlepack"
Hardline is my Favorite Battlefield since Bad Company 2. and it deserves a bigger playerbase. especially on PC.
good to see that we're not being ignored !

Thanks for this Post Zachulon.
Good Luck and keep it going, it's much appreciated ^_^
MUPOUTIT
IE Enlisted: 2011-11-18
2015-06-20 15:07 , edited 2015-06-20 15:10 by MUPOUTIT
ShevermiN said:
Well MUPOUTIT lets have a look at some of you points of view.

1 "Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game" I think you were asserting that every area of the game was a broken mess ??? please qualify ?? game runs fine.

2 " the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab" EA sell computer games, to make money, the term cash grab is irrelevant.

3 "since playing this game for the last few days i can clearly see that it is badly broken and that visceral are clearly not up to the task of making multiplayer games" your belief that the game is broken is purely subjective and backed up by little evidence. The game also works fine as a multiplayer game.

And after playing the game for 200 hours over the last 3 months I can say that the game is not buggy, is well balanced, could be one of the most finely tuned FPS's in the past decade. Yes it is asymmetrical game play that means different sides have different load out advantages. Yes it has fewer guns than BF4 but due to the objective based gameplay focus it was important not to confuse the gamers with too many weapon choices. The game rewards teamplay and PTFO'ing with points more than any other game in the series. You can top the ladder without getting a kill at the end of a round, that is awesome.
Now after playing all game modes except a lot of TDM, which includes rescue and crossfire. I can state that in my 20 years of FPS gaming that this is by far the most complete and balanced multiplayer experience I have played.... Nothing comes close, this is gaming at it most pure and those that are giving it a miss because of poor reviews any forum hate and rage speak are missing out ...

That's my opinion..

Here is a small list of issues that are purely subjective mind you.
1. Weapon balance is all over the place as soon assault using players enter close quarter situations they are out matched by smg's take the k-10 and m1a1 as examples.
2.The netcode as it was in bf4 is broken in the exact same way where some players can run off after being shot several times and others die in a split second.
3.Map design is terrible and very few lend themselves well to the types of modes in which the are used, most have so many camping spots such as the block and dust bowl that incentivise camping and base rape.
4.there is a lack of weapon choice which has been one of battlefields strengths up to this point.
5.there is a lack of class balance one example would be if you player as an operator and run into a hardened truck or chopper you have no weapon such as a m320 to at least make the drive feels as if you are a proper threat also having to rely on pickups to take out a chopper forces a play style the goes against the class oriented approach of any other battlefield game.
I have loads more but i need to have a shower and change before the party that i am going to and i want to get there before all the finger food is gone the guy who is putting it on is an unreal chef, i hope this will be enough for now have a good evening and take care.
Leon1008
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2015-06-20 15:31 , edited 2015-06-20 15:49 by Leon1008
MUPOUTIT said:
It just goes to show that if you disagree with people on this forum rather than writing a different point of view on the game and it's mechanics there is name calling and then i get called socially challenged how very strange.

It's not about disagreeing, it's about your improper attitude and bad timing. Your unoriginal, subjective view of the game, which mostly I disagree with doesn't benefit anybody and anything at this point. It's just a rant which only further discourages already very vulnerable relationship between developers and players which Zach tries to establish.

I call such insensitive, derailing and destructive it this case behavior "socially challenged". Thus, I apologize for calling personally YOU "socially challenged", but I stand by my opinion that your BEHAVIOR is. Remember, that we are dealing with a real person here (Zach) who has invested a big chunk of his life energy and emotions into this game and not with EA or Visceral - some impersonal entities or corporations - which don't care and don't take any offense.

I guess, you are not married or divorced. Otherwise, you would know better, although some people never learn.
serialced
BE Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2015-06-20 15:53
Zachulon said:
I just learned an important lesson about Battlelog forums. I can't reply multiple times in a row, lol. I wanted to address the other issues as well so I'll try one big one.

I'm sorry you're upset but this is basically my first day on the forums so I don't want to speak on something I don't know about or haven't seen. I'm not ignoring you I just don't know enough right now to engage in that discussion.

I've talked to a couple of our mods and I know they really care and work hard to help us identify how to improve the game. I'm looking forward to building relationships with them so we can all focus on continuing to improve the game.

The thing is that like with any relationship, communication is key.
Clear and honest communication will earn you the trust and thus, more importantly, the patience of the community.
It is one of the cheapest things you (as a company) could have done to make sure people kept their trust amidst the chaos and frustration.

But we were left in the dark, and I'm fairly sure at least "some" refunds could have been prevented with some damage control policy in the form of regular communication.

I know it is very hard to make a video game, I can only imagine the stressful nature of a new DLC launch and everything that comes with it.
We can all get that you're only human and dont want this to happen, and you probably dont take pleasure in postponing content for paying customers.

But the thing is, instead of telling or showing us this, you (the company) let the banner's timer expire, leading people to believe everything was fixed, only for them to be met with the same frustrating problems as before. Without even an official word about it at all.

From our perspective, it did not seem like you (the company) cared about us at all, or were really trying very hard to fix this.
We had to rely on the assumption that you were decent enough to be doing all this, without getting any confirmation this was actually the case.

I actually feel kind of bad for you guys since I know this is not what you all wanted and hindsight is 20/20, but still, some of what I've pointed out is just common sense. I really liked BFH, its a great game and hope that mistakes made are here to be learned from, not to be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

Thanks for the honesty and good luck with the further development of BFH.
MUPOUTIT
2015-06-20 16:15 , edited 2015-06-20 16:18 by MUPOUTIT
Leon1008 said:
MUPOUTIT said:
It just goes to show that if you disagree with people on this forum rather than writing a different point of view on the game and it's mechanics there is name calling and then i get called socially challenged how very strange.
It's not about disagreeing, it's about your improper attitude and bad timing. Your unoriginal, subjective view of the game, which mostly I disagree with doesn't benefit anybody and anything at this point. It's just a rant which only further discourages already very vulnerable relationship between developers and players which Zach tries to establish.

I call such insensitive, derailing and destructive it this case behavior "socially challenged". Thus, I apologize for calling personally YOU "socially challenged", but I stand by my opinion that your BEHAVIOR is. Remember, that we are dealing with a real person here (Zach) who has invested a big chunk of his life energy and emotions into this game and not with EA or Visceral - some impersonal entities or corporations - which don't care and don't take any offense.

I guess, you are not married or divorced. Otherwise, you would know better, although some people never learn.

Well here is the trade off to your point i have worked very hard at my job to make the money to buy this game and wanted to invest said money in visceral's vision of battlefield, however this game falls far short of being a fully fledged battlefield title or a proper cops and criminals themed game as a result of poor vision and bad execution by visceral and why you would make a point of calling zach a real person is beyond me as i never insulted him as a human being unlike others on the forum and as for being married or divorced that has no baring at all on why i feel this game is broken or why i was so blunt in the first place, lastly if you think what i said was bad then take a moment to consider the amount of abuse that staff would go threw to meet targets making a game or any other product against a deadline all year round, there would be no comparison.
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 16:23
Ok, sorry or late replys, played Hardline last night and then fell asleep before coming back here. Let's jump in.

SirLordGibbo said:
Ok, another question Zachulon. I will ask this in a civil manner (I'm not premium anyway) But I will ask before people come in wanting to know.

Speaking in behalf of Premium members, when will the Gun Bench, Legendary Status and whatnot be introduced to the game?

I'm not allowed to announce release dates on these but I am talking to PR/Marketing to see if we can get that info out soon. I will say these features were not done while we were making the base game, we started on them when the main game was finished, we're not holding them back or anything like that.

Kaabob42 said:
Zach, thank you for finally reaching out and giving us hope for a franchise we adore.. I hope (forgive me for being cautious due to prior history) that this isn't a PR move in earnest.

We love this franchise, and I personally, love how this game plays out.. When it works, its FUN!, but lately it's not, and the missed deadlines, the false promises, the IRON FISTED moderators in the forums, and the myriad of other detracting issues is making me scratch my head and wonder what kind of masochist I really am.

That being said..

The forum presence needs to be upped and polished.. It's a ghost town here, and this is where we expect interaction, not on twitter, reddit, facebook, etc.. HERE!, so please work with us.. I TOTALLY understand and AGREE to keep it professional, and I hope the community here abides. We ARE frustrated and it's going to take some effort to win most back. Please don't fail us on this.

Game issues. Currently there are a lot of people with crashing, freezing, hanging after the patch.. myself included.. what can we do to help alleviate this? I rarely make it to the end of a round now.

There are many other issues, but these two are PARAMOUNT IMHO.. I'm willing to work to help, what can you offer?

Thank you.

What platform are you on and I will ask about the issues you're having. This doesn't seem to be wide spread from what I can tell...

JohnWayne_Duke said:
Thanks for your heartfelt post Zach. I am just a noob player and always will be, i play for fun and not competition. However i am a consumer and i have spent tons of money on this franchise like many others have. My feeling is that you should already have in place a production system that works, if not change it. You should already have equipment and knowledgable people to meet deadlines, if not get more or let someone go who is not living up to the challenge.

Honestly gaming companies in my opinion have very very deep pockets and make a killing off of people like me. And as appreciative as i am of your post, im sorry but you dont get the priviledge or luxury of having a goof up like this one. You have had plenty of time to get CA done, you have had plenty of money to develope it and you have had plenty of time to test it. Someone dropped the ball. Someone in those meetings you have that said their part was done either lied or does not have the technical skills to do what they are doing. I may be nieve but to me its this simple, someone did not test this properly on a PC before release. Someone didnt sign on to battlelog and run the game on a PC that im sure you have somewhere in your office and discover that it just didnt work. To me its that simple.

To me i cant understand why this is so hard, you have done this before. Battlefield had DLC, BF3 had DLC, BF4 had DLC, and your trying to tell me that BFHL AC is so different that the DLC takes on new problems. Bugs are one thing everything we use has them, but failing on initial release OMG can you see the utter lack of understanding by noobs like myself as to how that can even happen. You say you want to be transparent, great, please explain how that happens, or what exactly happened this time that is so different with this DLC that it broke before we even opened the box.

Appreciate your time.. thanks

This is fair criticism. For the other games you mentioned I can't speak. I can say this is the first big online game we've done at Visceral. We've got a great team, never made a BF game before but Hadline had a VERY stable launch. That said, you're right, this is a big mess up that shouldn't happen. It was a tech issue, I'm more of a content guy so I can't speak to the exact technical details. I do know we learned a big lesson on this one. We'll learn from the mistake, use it to improve our pipeline, and move forward with an apology. All we can do at this point.

AldermachXI said:
lol...I was pretty civil with you before you thought trolling was the appropriate response. http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/Dredg_XI/Battlefield/ZachTheTroll_zpshnfpbimq.jpg [s727.photobucket.com]

I've given you pretty constructive feedback over the last couple weeks. Pretty much told you HOW to fix this mess. Brought to your attention that Assignments are game breaking...But the release of Criminal Activity - or lack there of - just proves that you guys weren't listening to anyone (except for maybe YouTubers and their child followings)

Thanks for the post. You're paying attention to the forums now. Great.

Now listen to the feedback and actually APPLY it.

I get the feeling we'll just be seeing more and more of this Easter Egg garbage roll out with the future DLCs:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190226657/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

lol DannyOnPC basically works on the game along side Visceral (he's a "GameChanger") and he's trying to drive up "mystery" around these Easter Eggs...lol lame. Go play Myst, Danny.

It's pretty simple...Give people incentive to play mixed modes. Make "competitive modes" with higher rewards, best 2 of 3 rounds, buy in to curb quitting...etc.

DON'T make MORE assignments that will cause your community to boost...like "Fast and Bloody" for the Rabbit Mask. 100 Hotwire Cruising Coins...lol.

It's as though you guys WANT people to boost. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190709233/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

This is where you're going VERY wrong:

"The future of making games is developers working and communicating directly with gamers to get the people what they want. That is my full intention here, to build that relationship with our players so Hardline is the game you want (now I just have to figure out how to make EVERYONE happy, I’m sure that’ll be no problem)"

You're dead wrong about this...A game doesn't have to make everyone happy. Stick to your vision, and the game will be better. Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to exactly this.

If you made a game for BATTLEFIELD fans, they'd love it. Problem is, you didn't make a game for Battlefield fans.

I've replied to you over 20 times on Twitter. I think you make some interesting points about some things but you also speak very certainly on a number of things you know nothing about. All your points on assignments are interesting but I don't 100% agree with everything you say.

MUPOUTIT said:
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I can't link it right now, but is this possible?
I like the idea but that kind of thing is more of a business decision. I pretty much just work on the content side of things.
Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game, the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab, after playing for the last few days it is clear that visceral are terrible at making fps multiplayer games, you and your team should face facts that you have another flop on your hands like warfighter and there will never be another game in this horrible buggy unbalanced mess of a series, please go back to making dead space games and leave multiplayer games to better studios the yours. cheers

I disagree, I really like our game and play it every night. As far as the skill of our team... We can always get better but you're wrong. Look at our launch compared to other big FPS launches, we came out stable and ready to play on day 1.
MUPOUTIT
2015-06-20 16:37
Zachulon said:
Ok, sorry or late replys, played Hardline last night and then fell asleep before coming back here. Let's jump in.

SirLordGibbo said:
Ok, another question Zachulon. I will ask this in a civil manner (I'm not premium anyway) But I will ask before people come in wanting to know.

Speaking in behalf of Premium members, when will the Gun Bench, Legendary Status and whatnot be introduced to the game?

I'm not allowed to announce release dates on these but I am talking to PR/Marketing to see if we can get that info out soon. I will say these features were not done while we were making the base game, we started on them when the main game was finished, we're not holding them back or anything like that.

Kaabob42 said:
Zach, thank you for finally reaching out and giving us hope for a franchise we adore.. I hope (forgive me for being cautious due to prior history) that this isn't a PR move in earnest.

We love this franchise, and I personally, love how this game plays out.. When it works, its FUN!, but lately it's not, and the missed deadlines, the false promises, the IRON FISTED moderators in the forums, and the myriad of other detracting issues is making me scratch my head and wonder what kind of masochist I really am.

That being said..

The forum presence needs to be upped and polished.. It's a ghost town here, and this is where we expect interaction, not on twitter, reddit, facebook, etc.. HERE!, so please work with us.. I TOTALLY understand and AGREE to keep it professional, and I hope the community here abides. We ARE frustrated and it's going to take some effort to win most back. Please don't fail us on this.

Game issues. Currently there are a lot of people with crashing, freezing, hanging after the patch.. myself included.. what can we do to help alleviate this? I rarely make it to the end of a round now.

There are many other issues, but these two are PARAMOUNT IMHO.. I'm willing to work to help, what can you offer?

Thank you.

What platform are you on and I will ask about the issues you're having. This doesn't seem to be wide spread from what I can tell...

JohnWayne_Duke said:
Thanks for your heartfelt post Zach. I am just a noob player and always will be, i play for fun and not competition. However i am a consumer and i have spent tons of money on this franchise like many others have. My feeling is that you should already have in place a production system that works, if not change it. You should already have equipment and knowledgable people to meet deadlines, if not get more or let someone go who is not living up to the challenge.

Honestly gaming companies in my opinion have very very deep pockets and make a killing off of people like me. And as appreciative as i am of your post, im sorry but you dont get the priviledge or luxury of having a goof up like this one. You have had plenty of time to get CA done, you have had plenty of money to develope it and you have had plenty of time to test it. Someone dropped the ball. Someone in those meetings you have that said their part was done either lied or does not have the technical skills to do what they are doing. I may be nieve but to me its this simple, someone did not test this properly on a PC before release. Someone didnt sign on to battlelog and run the game on a PC that im sure you have somewhere in your office and discover that it just didnt work. To me its that simple.

To me i cant understand why this is so hard, you have done this before. Battlefield had DLC, BF3 had DLC, BF4 had DLC, and your trying to tell me that BFHL AC is so different that the DLC takes on new problems. Bugs are one thing everything we use has them, but failing on initial release OMG can you see the utter lack of understanding by noobs like myself as to how that can even happen. You say you want to be transparent, great, please explain how that happens, or what exactly happened this time that is so different with this DLC that it broke before we even opened the box.

Appreciate your time.. thanks

This is fair criticism. For the other games you mentioned I can't speak. I can say this is the first big online game we've done at Visceral. We've got a great team, never made a BF game before but Hadline had a VERY stable launch. That said, you're right, this is a big mess up that shouldn't happen. It was a tech issue, I'm more of a content guy so I can't speak to the exact technical details. I do know we learned a big lesson on this one. We'll learn from the mistake, use it to improve our pipeline, and move forward with an apology. All we can do at this point.

AldermachXI said:
lol...I was pretty civil with you before you thought trolling was the appropriate response. http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/Dredg_XI/Battlefield/ZachTheTroll_zpshnfpbimq.jpg [s727.photobucket.com]

I've given you pretty constructive feedback over the last couple weeks. Pretty much told you HOW to fix this mess. Brought to your attention that Assignments are game breaking...But the release of Criminal Activity - or lack there of - just proves that you guys weren't listening to anyone (except for maybe YouTubers and their child followings)

Thanks for the post. You're paying attention to the forums now. Great.

Now listen to the feedback and actually APPLY it.

I get the feeling we'll just be seeing more and more of this Easter Egg garbage roll out with the future DLCs:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190226657/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

lol DannyOnPC basically works on the game along side Visceral (he's a "GameChanger") and he's trying to drive up "mystery" around these Easter Eggs...lol lame. Go play Myst, Danny.

It's pretty simple...Give people incentive to play mixed modes. Make "competitive modes" with higher rewards, best 2 of 3 rounds, buy in to curb quitting...etc.

DON'T make MORE assignments that will cause your community to boost...like "Fast and Bloody" for the Rabbit Mask. 100 Hotwire Cruising Coins...lol.

It's as though you guys WANT people to boost. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494190709233/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

This is where you're going VERY wrong:

"The future of making games is developers working and communicating directly with gamers to get the people what they want. That is my full intention here, to build that relationship with our players so Hardline is the game you want (now I just have to figure out how to make EVERYONE happy, I’m sure that’ll be no problem)"

You're dead wrong about this...A game doesn't have to make everyone happy. Stick to your vision, and the game will be better. Too many cooks in the kitchen leads to exactly this.

If you made a game for BATTLEFIELD fans, they'd love it. Problem is, you didn't make a game for Battlefield fans.

I've replied to you over 20 times on Twitter. I think you make some interesting points about some things but you also speak very certainly on a number of things you know nothing about. All your points on assignments are interesting but I don't 100% agree with everything you say.

MUPOUTIT said:
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,
Someone in here had a suggestion about giving a trial for non-premium members for each DLC to see if we like it.

I like the idea but that kind of thing is more of a business decision. I pretty much just work on the content side of things.
Hey zachulon this game is a broken mess there are issues in just about area of the game, the only reason ea wanted this game made was for a quick cash grab, after playing for the last few days it is clear that visceral are terrible at making fps multiplayer games, you and your team should face facts that you have another flop on your hands like warfighter and there will never be another game in this horrible buggy unbalanced mess of a series, please go back to making dead space games and leave multiplayer games to better studios the yours. cheers

I disagree, I really like our game and play it every night. As far as the skill of our team... We can always get better but you're wrong. Look at our launch compared to other big FPS launches, we came out stable and ready to play on day 1.

But without a clear vision or the amount of content which battlefield is known for, dont get me wrong when it came to dead space i felt that was one of the best horror series of all time and shows your real strength as a studio and if i came across a bit too strongly in my post today and offended you in any way i am sorry
serialced
BE Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2015-06-20 16:42
Zachulon said:

MUPOUTIT said:
Zachulon said:
SirLordGibbo said:
Zachulon,

Beside my previous criticism, I would like to add that the base game and its launch were indeed very solid, I think his view is certainly one not a lot of people in the community share.
iR0NSPiN3
SE Enlisted: 2015-03-19
2015-06-20 16:51
Zach, this is the 5th day since the CA release that some of us (me included) cannot play the DLC. Could you please check with the "smarter than you"-guy regarding the progress?

FWIW, if you need help testing stuff out or more information - just say so. There are hundreds of PS4 users willing to help you guys out.

It's just painstaking not being able to play it, especially when the console seem to think that we're not premium and that the DLC isn't found on the PS store (going there from within the game store menu that pops up when pressing "Buy DLC").
DestronDeadEnd
Enlisted: 2014-01-21
2015-06-20 17:01 , edited 2015-06-20 17:18 by DestronDeadEnd
Hey Zach,just wanted to bring this to your attention. There is a delay between reloading and firing with the M1A1. It adds maybe a second or two to the reload and
is another cause of frustration when using the M1A1, (other than feeling more able with a G17)
If you wish to read more into it, here is an M1A1 thread which I created:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793903387779/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
doonwallaby
CA Enlisted: 2015-03-17
2015-06-20 17:14
MUPOUTIT said:
Here is a small list of issues that are purely subjective mind you.
1. Weapon balance is all over the place as soon assault using players enter close quarter situations they are out matched by smg's take the k-10 and m1a1 as examples.

This is how ARs and SMGs are supposed to be balanced. You'll note that ARs, BRs and SMGS lose at range to DMRs and snipers.

3.Map design is terrible and very few lend themselves well to the types of modes in which the are used, most have so many camping spots such as the block and dust bowl that incentivise camping and base rape.

No.

5.there is a lack of class balance one example would be if you player as an operator and run into a hardened truck or chopper you have no weapon such as a m320 to at least make the drive feels as if you are a proper threat also having to rely on pickups to take out a chopper forces a play style the goes against the class oriented approach of any other battlefield game.

Another example of balance.

Your complaints seem to boil down to "M16 isn't OP and I only want to use an OP gun."
Gio_26392
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-06-20 17:51
pls fix the ps4 problem..a lot of players cant play the dlc on ps4
DutchMaj-General
Enlisted: 2015-06-01
2015-06-20 17:53
So your busy with Criminal dlc and not working on all those crashes..First make the game playable then u go further making Dlc and all those other nonsence.
Denyael
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-20 18:30 , edited 2015-06-20 18:31 by Denyael
Criminal DLC is not playable for Ultimate Edition buyers on PS4... Only for Standard and Deluxe version which for some reason is a different purchase and download... so We who payed the most got the least... as many times before... Im getting a refund... hopefully for the whole game... Day 5 of not accessing the only thing you paid extra to get early access to...
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 18:49
Denyael said:
Criminal DLC is not playable for Ultimate Edition buyers on PS4... Only for Standard and Deluxe version which for some reason is a different purchase and download... so We who payed the most got the least... as many times before... Im getting a refund... hopefully for the whole game... Day 5 of not accessing the only thing you paid extra to get early access to...

First off, I apologize. This sucks. Right now we are looking at all the digital versions on PS4 to make sure everyone can download. Best update I can give you right now.
THISaint
GE Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-06-20 18:52
Looks like someone poked you guys that there were Battlelog forums open for Battlefield Hardline. Good job!
Not an official representative.
Kaabob42
US Enlisted: 2013-08-22
2015-06-20 19:13

Below is my system info and the two common crashes. Thanks for looking into it.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PC
System Manufacturer To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4013 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2101, 4/17/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name-PC
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 29.0 GB
Page File Space 15.9 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: bfh.exe
Application Version: 1.1.0.3
Application Timestamp: 55804371
Hang Signature: 5f6f
Hang Type: 6144
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 5f6fece14d407dcfde10e2da06830e7d
Additional Hang Signature 2: 1180
Additional Hang Signature 3: 1180b6d733578cc3e391ea1fe5846872
Additional Hang Signature 4: 5f6f
Additional Hang Signature 5: 5f6fece14d407dcfde10e2da06830e7d
Additional Hang Signature 6: 1180
Additional Hang Signature 7: 1180b6d733578cc3e391ea1fe5846872

Tried using IE instead of chrome, had 5 uninterrupted games, but then a crash.. At least it's an improvement.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bfh.exe
Application Version: 1.1.0.3
Application Timestamp: 55804371
Fault Module Name: nvwgf2umx.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.18.13.5306
Fault Module Timestamp: 55668289
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000079c331
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9912