Thread is locked.

Dev Interaction on Battlelog

Denyael
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-20 19:14 , edited 2015-06-20 19:15 by Denyael
Zachulon said:
Denyael said:
Criminal DLC is not playable for Ultimate Edition buyers on PS4... Only for Standard and Deluxe version which for some reason is a different purchase and download... so We who payed the most got the least... as many times before... Im getting a refund... hopefully for the whole game... Day 5 of not accessing the only thing you paid extra to get early access to...
First off, I apologize. This sucks. Right now we are looking at all the digital versions on PS4 to make sure everyone can download. Best update I can give you right now.

Ok... it´s not downloading it that is the problem... that works fine but once installed it doesn´t register as a valid purchased DLC... but when told to do so it says "no content" under "My Downloads"... Also the Standard Edition is available for me to purchase although i already have the Ultimate edition... it suggest that i should pay another full amount to download Standard Edition... different licenses for the same game? If you just can make the Standard Edition available for the Ultimate owners to download it should solve itself...
Gio_26392
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-06-20 19:18
Denyael said:
Zachulon said:
Denyael said:
Criminal DLC is not playable for Ultimate Edition buyers on PS4... Only for Standard and Deluxe version which for some reason is a different purchase and download... so We who payed the most got the least... as many times before... Im getting a refund... hopefully for the whole game... Day 5 of not accessing the only thing you paid extra to get early access to...
First off, I apologize. This sucks. Right now we are looking at all the digital versions on PS4 to make sure everyone can download. Best update I can give you right now.
Ok... it´s not downloading it that is the problem... that works fine but once installed it doesn´t register as a valid purchased DLC... but when told to do so it says "no content" under "My Downloads"... Also the Standard Edition is available for me to purchase although i already have the Ultimate edition... it suggest that i should pay another full amount to download Standard Edition... different licenses for the same game? If you just can make the Standard Edition available for the Ultimate owners to download it should solve itself...

same problen i can download it .but i cant play the dlc ...
DutchMaj-General
Enlisted: 2015-06-01
2015-06-20 19:21 , edited 2015-06-20 19:22 by DutchMaj-General
Zachulon said:
Denyael said:

What kind of nonsense is this huh? Take care of all those crashes or come with solutions,then u finish the Dlc..
GOA-Johnny-BK-
US Enlisted: 2011-12-02
2015-06-20 19:41
Oh I got one please can you take a look at this link and I also would like to add all is everyone is using the Flir and Ir's so it makes it impossible to hide when playing objective base games. You should not see all the way across the map on either one, its like a gun with training wheels on it. The clarity on them is way to good and just one more if I can please. In the map Bank Job, can you take the ladder out right in the spawn area where the semi truck and sculptor is? It is always a camp fest and you normally die strait away.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793900311318/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-20 20:54
Johnnny-BK- said:
Oh I got one please can you take a look at this link and I also would like to add all is everyone is using the Flir and Ir's so it makes it impossible to hide when playing objective base games. You should not see all the way across the map on either one, its like a gun with training wheels on it. The clarity on them is way to good and just one more if I can please. In the map Bank Job, can you take the ladder out right in the spawn area where the semi truck and sculptor is? It is always a camp fest and you normally die strait away.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2955064793900311318/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I'm in there now.
neoge0
PT Enlisted: 2012-01-11
2015-06-20 22:59
Hello Zach,

I would ask you to please take notice of na issue myself and a lot of other players who have spoken out are experiencing.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/1/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I'm as hardcore a fan as you guys will ever have! Been playing since BF 1942 and bought every single title! And I admire you guys and now you've been distracted with the E3 and upcoming Star Wars Battlefront release which I'm antecepating btw. But that doesn't atone for the disapointment I'm currently feeling! I'm na Ultimate Edition Digital cop pre order who has yet been able to play the new DLC.

Please help us out with this issue!

Kind regards
IIDarth_GibboII
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-12
2015-06-20 23:06
neoge0 said:
Hello Zach,

I would ask you to please take notice of na issue myself and a lot of other players who have spoken out are experiencing.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/forum/threadview/2979150494189618142/1/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

I'm as hardcore a fan as you guys will ever have! Been playing since BF 1942 and bought every single title! And I admire you guys and now you've been distracted with the E3 and upcoming Star Wars Battlefront release which I'm antecepating btw. But that doesn't atone for the disapointment I'm currently feeling! I'm na Ultimate Edition Digital cop pre order who has yet been able to play the new DLC.

Please help us out with this issue!

Kind regards

If you're talking about the PS4 Ultimate Edition issue, he addressed this several posts back. They're looking into it.
neoge0
PT Enlisted: 2012-01-11
2015-06-20 23:12
Yes I am and ty you're right! didn't mean to spam the issue ppl!

ty for taking notice of the issue Zachulon

Cheers,
Harry_CallahanJr
US Enlisted: 2013-10-31
2015-06-20 23:57
Hello,

I'd like to say first off I enjoy Hardline, the dorks are way to hard on it and also I'm sure you actually do care about this game seeing as you made it and your name is on it, obviously you want it to be as good as you can make it.

I am a Premium member, downloaded the update and the Criminal Activity DLC for the PS4, cant play CA, not angry just disappointed (like a Catholic grandma) .

I don't want to be a grouch but it's hard not to be when you are told one thing and the opposite happens. First the initial game release was delayed by how many months? Now there is a problem with the first DLC that was released 3 months after the delayed game. See where I am headed with this? You can quote me Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley all you want but it doesn't change the fact that hundreds if not thousands of people paid for their Premium membership at the same time they pre-ordered the game (not me pre-ordering is for suckers) and have every right to complain and ask questions about the goods and services they paid for but are not receiving. Silence and platitudes are only going to make people more upset.

Honestly I blame us the consumer for this problem that is wide spread across the video game world, which is unfinished games being rushed to market to appease the clamoring masses of MTN Dew swilling morons who think they are funny writing on video game forums. (Ahem)

Fellow gamers, stop pre-ordering. Do you pre-order movie tickets while the movie is still being made, would you pre-order an album that was still being recorded?

Thank you for your time.
Chazzstrong
US Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-06-21 01:05
Harry_CallahanJr said:
Hello,

I'd like to say first off I enjoy Hardline, the dorks are way to hard on it and also I'm sure you actually do care about this game seeing as you made it and your name is on it, obviously you want it to be as good as you can make it.

I am a Premium member, downloaded the update and the Criminal Activity DLC for the PS4, cant play CA, not angry just disappointed (like a Catholic grandma) .

I don't want to be a grouch but it's hard not to be when you are told one thing and the opposite happens. First the initial game release was delayed by how many months? Now there is a problem with the first DLC that was released 3 months after the delayed game. See where I am headed with this? You can quote me Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley all you want but it doesn't change the fact that hundreds if not thousands of people paid for their Premium membership at the same time they pre-ordered the game (not me pre-ordering is for suckers) and have every right to complain and ask questions about the goods and services they paid for but are not receiving. Silence and platitudes are only going to make people more upset.

Honestly I blame us the consumer for this problem that is wide spread across the video game world, which is unfinished games being rushed to market to appease the clamoring masses of MTN Dew swilling morons who think they are funny writing on video game forums. (Ahem)

Fellow gamers, stop pre-ordering. Do you pre-order movie tickets while the movie is still being made, would you pre-order an album that was still being recorded?

Thank you for your time.

I have not pre-ordered since BF4, and plan to continue this trend. My experience with a game can wait a week or 2 to see how it plays out.
However there appears in the near future a very problematic hurdle in the way of Fallout 4. You see, I WANT this game. I want it bad, on levels beyond the tangible physical realm. I want to mentally OWN this game as soon as possible, even if I can't play it for another few months. Does this make me institutionalized?
JohnWayne_Duke
US Enlisted: 2012-02-02
2015-06-21 01:58
JohnWayne_Duke said:
Thanks for your heartfelt post Zach. I am just a noob player and always will be, i play for fun and not competition. However i am a consumer and i have spent tons of money on this franchise like many others have. My feeling is that you should already have in place a production system that works, if not change it. You should already have equipment and knowledgable people to meet deadlines, if not get more or let someone go who is not living up to the challenge.

Honestly gaming companies in my opinion have very very deep pockets and make a killing off of people like me. And as appreciative as i am of your post, im sorry but you dont get the priviledge or luxury of having a goof up like this one. You have had plenty of time to get CA done, you have had plenty of money to develope it and you have had plenty of time to test it. Someone dropped the ball. Someone in those meetings you have that said their part was done either lied or does not have the technical skills to do what they are doing. I may be nieve but to me its this simple, someone did not test this properly on a PC before release. Someone didnt sign on to battlelog and run the game on a PC that im sure you have somewhere in your office and discover that it just didnt work. To me its that simple.

To me i cant understand why this is so hard, you have done this before. Battlefield had DLC, BF3 had DLC, BF4 had DLC, and your trying to tell me that BFHL AC is so different that the DLC takes on new problems. Bugs are one thing everything we use has them, but failing on initial release OMG can you see the utter lack of understanding by noobs like myself as to how that can even happen. You say you want to be transparent, great, please explain how that happens, or what exactly happened this time that is so different with this DLC that it broke before we even opened the box.

Appreciate your time.. thanks

Zachulon said:
This is fair criticism. For the other games you mentioned I can't speak. I can say this is the first big online game we've done at Visceral. We've got a great team, never made a BF game before but Hadline had a VERY stable launch. That said, you're right, this is a big mess up that shouldn't happen. It was a tech issue, I'm more of a content guy so I can't speak to the exact technical details. I do know we learned a big lesson on this one. We'll learn from the mistake, use it to improve our pipeline, and move forward with an apology. All we can do at this point.

I did not realize this was your first time, i appreciate your openness and reply.
Courage is being scared to death.. and saddling up anyway!
ThatSlimGuy
AU Enlisted: 2012-09-05
2015-06-21 05:55
Zachulon said:
Denyael said:

Zach it's a pretty annoying issue and like already mentioned it's been now 5 days with no chance of accessing content. It's beyond frustrating and I've tried to get a hold of you via Twitter for these last 5 days with no result. I truly hope this is being put close to top of the list on things to fix.
kanonsop
ZA Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-21 08:43 , edited 2015-06-21 08:50 by kanonsop
A personal message:

Dear Zachulon, this might be a long read but please take the time as im trying to get very specific points about collaboration with others, out to you.

1. You need to understand something about your forum user and audience. You get several different kinds of people views towards this game:

i. Kids: Are you going to listen to a 12 year old who's mommy got the game for him the same way as you would listen to an adult with a mature nature? Do you understand that the "Forum" has no face nor age to it? Where do you draw the line?
ii. An ex COD player new to the franchise, Ex BF2 vet with 10 year experience, Or ARMA fan can never make the same observation and start giving "advice" as what should change.
iii. 99% of complains can be fixed with EDUCATION!! The skill set of a 12 year old, and a 40 year old with Veteran experience is miles apart.
iv. Attitude. Some people give up easily. Others fight. Some want easy, others like a challenge and to learn.

Now i would like to remind you of something. And that is some statistics based on fiction but please play along.

If you sold 10 000 copies to the PC community and lets say there's now 5000 active players. I mean we all are ENJOYING this game. Now you start "dealing" with your complainers (the above mentioned colourful group) and now start "changing?" (We are a large group LOVING this game, it reminds us of Special Forces back in the BF2 days, how do you think we feel when you keep changing the game that we love?)

So what then effectively happen:

You then listen to 50 people on the forum, those same 50 join the CTE and you start to "CHANGE" the game for the "BETTER"?

50 people very happy and the 4950 OTHER PLAYERS THAT IS LOVING THIS GAME are now utterly disappointed.

REMEMBER HAPPY PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN. THEY PTFO and STFU. YOU WONT HEAR FROM US IN ANY WAY. WE ARE INFACT HAPPY>

DONT CHANGE YOUR GAME. UNDERSTAND NO ONE HERE WILL EVER BE HAPPY. UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT MAKES THE ONE HAPPY THE OTHER WILL HATE. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER NEVER WIN!

1. Keep your game the way it is. Have a back bone. Say no to CHANGE when need be.
2. You should be the ONLY developer. Stop giving the public a hand in Developing. You are breeding a BRAT. Keep to what it is. Rather release MOD tools., Then another community can be bread. We cant all fall under the same umbrella. We NOT all the same.
3. EDUCATE. Test the complaints in game YOURSELF as a GROWNUP, and see. Then make a YOUTUBE vid of how to deal with it. Show people how with professional play.
4. Fix bugs, glitches, stability, tickrate YES. That you should be listening to every complaint. That is simple, and should be addressed to every single person, personally. The ONLY thing CTE should be used for.
5. CTE at the moment is a manipulation platform to CHANGE the game for the "BETTER"? For the better of whom? LOOK AT BF4? What a mess because of CTE.
6. Especially stop listening to YOUTUBERS that only care for views. The don't care about you game. They want to make money.

Keep up the good work, the concept/idea of this game is BRILLIANT and when all the others have left, (the complainer crowd) more will come that would realize the same as me. If the game is more an enquired taste then let it be that.

I enjoy this game, with no issues. I LOVE this game and is a huge fan, and don't want anything changed. If I can play with no complaints, why cant the rest?

Just think before you do, Play before you change.

Take care!
Mosour
NL Enlisted: 2012-02-24
2015-06-21 09:30 , edited 2015-06-21 09:32 by Mosour
Good day sir Zachulon,

Good to see a message from you/Visceral although I am sceptic about the intentions. Has to do something with the reputation of the gaming industry in general.

I can believe that making a video game is hard. I can't do it and I bet 99% on these forums can neither. However, it is a bit of a weak excuse. You chose this profession and here we are. And it is not completly your mess that you are trying to clean up here, it is also for a big part the mess of DICE.

In it's core your game is good, but it lacks quite a few things which are essential for an MP-based game. Most of them have passed here on these forums and I am quite certain you are capable enough to filter these messages out.

What intrigues me about your remark is, is that you say it is hard to make a game. But please elaborate on how it is possible that a game like Unreal Tournament (the one from 1999) works overall better than this. They had 16 developers, a $2 million budget and they completed it in 18 months.
Before everyone is going to shout: It was easier back then, bla bla bla. No it was not. 56k Modems and such didn't give you much overhead in coding nor the hardware itself. Building maps was significantly more difficult back then, yet they released the game with a lot more maps. They had lesser money, lesser people and did it in a shorter amount of time.

I know where the low number of (9!!!!) maps come from and Visceral is not doing the sales. EA was hired for that, or basically the other way around: EA most likely hired you guys.

One last thing:
If you are not sure to proceed, but you have a deadline to make. Argue the deadline, prospone and get something out that works. It will be "negative publicity", but when it actually works as intended: No complaints and people tend to forget really fast they had to wait a little longer, but they will remember the fun they had and how good it was/is. (GTA V anyone?)
Things like this is what people remember when EA releases your next game. And ultimately is the argument you should tell mr. Wilson also.
skinner112
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-06-21 10:54 , edited 2015-06-21 11:55 by skinner112
What do we get in compensation? 1 battlepack is not even a funny joke! i understand you guys have problem but we paid alot of money and we lost 1 week. its not my fault you guys dont run beta, you are using premium members as paying beta testers.. I hope you guys do it right cus i love the game!
AldermachXI
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-06-21 12:09
Zachulon said:
I've replied to you over 20 times on Twitter. I think you make some interesting points about some things but you also speak very certainly on a number of things you know nothing about. All your points on assignments are interesting but I don't 100% agree with everything you say.

uhh...The ONLY thing I've really made points on ARE the Assignments...Not sure what I "speak very certainly on thing I know nothing about".

Our entire twitter exchange has been regarding the Assignments and the (bad) incentives it gives players, and how you devs are doing nothing to prevent or change it (sound like a broken record - but "Fast and Bloody" Assignment is a complete joke in this regard.)

There's hardly any PC servers - those that DO run, are running either Dummy Mode (64 TDM / CQL in a Phonebooth), or are Boosting / Farming servers. Just CHECK the North American servers if you don't believe me. It won't take you long. There's usually 5-6 active ones. The rest are empty. This is due to the Assignments, whether you guys believe it or not. Put out some Official Servers. 5 for each mode. You'll see them full. I guarantee it.

All I've been saying is that you guys need to figure out a way to get people playing the game on PC...The Assignments, combined with price, and the general hate / boycott of Hardline from PC players really hasn't helped it get anywhere. So you have to adapt and change if you want the game to succeed. You're not gonna sell MORE content to people NOT playing the game...

The beta was good because the matches had proper structure. Players WILL play the game within the proper constructs, even if you force them to. You can't play Ranked of most FPS games however the hell you want. "Custom" servers should be Private servers. Wanna play Hotwire No Kill? Go for it - in your own server, where you can't rank up.

"Oh, that's not fun? Then why are you doing it now?"
BitFenix Prodigy (Orange) // Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE // i5 3570@3.4GHz // CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 // Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce // Kingston HyperX 16GB @1600MHz // BenQ XL2420T // Razer Deathadder 2013 // Razer BlackWidow // Razer Kraken Pro
jazzy7322
Enlisted: 2012-03-02
2015-06-21 14:37
I must be strange liking the grind of an assignment,sometimes requirements do take me away from my comfort zone but then its time to adapt or move on.
I think the tier4 x 10 was hard for alot of players till they played hotwire but the tier system is better now anyway, the camera coins and shield coins were not that hard but they have also had a fix now.
The elite syndicate was unattainable for last gen but thats been fixed,its a pity these things were not like this at the beginning but you have made a start keep up the good work.
Zachulon
US Enlisted: 2012-11-03
2015-06-21 18:10
Kanosop,
Appreciate you taking the time to write that note. I hear you, in the end the designers are going to make the final calls on what we do to the game. We'll never make everyone happy with every decision we make and we had to aim for the gameplay WE intend. That being said, the feedback is still helpful in making adjustments. Also, a lot of what I'm reading is players just want an explanation and some discussion with the devs, whether they agree or not. I find that back and forth dialogue interesting and helpful but we'll be careful and considerate before we just go changing the game based on player feedback. Summary: I agree with your sentiment and thank you.

Mosour,
You're right and I didn't mean to try and make excuses. No excuses, we need to get it right. I was just trying to be a little more transparent.

Skinner,
I agree. The CMs can't make changes to the game. They can give away battlepacks so they're trying to do whatever they can. I have a couple ideas to try and give you something cooler and more impactful. I'll get with the team next week sometime and see what we can do for ya.

AldermachXI,
You're growing on me buddy! I like your style. I'm not saying you're always wrong, we just don't agree on everything. We have made changes, as Jazzy points out, and we're continuing to look at stuff. I know that's not the answer you wanna hear, just be cool baby!

Ok, back to work! Also, https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=xXekbbpBvBU [m.youtube.com]

-Zach
DienaszaglisLV
LV Enlisted: 2014-11-06
2015-06-21 18:25
So what is the updated on CA DLC for Ultimate edition buyers on PS4? Why most dedicated players who bought largest package can't play it on day one?
1FlyBlvckGuy
Enlisted: 2013-10-06
2015-06-21 19:50
Fixes/suggestions needed:

1.preset spawn timer (3 or 4 seconds), i think everyone agrees watching a kill cam then waiting 6-8 seconds to spawn is ridiculous
2. br min damage is not 25 at all
3.Spawn block like in bf4 where you can't spawn on teammates in combat
4.not being able to shoot through the rails on the beat
5. the phantom reload glitch where your gun doesn't reload at all or where it doesn't reload fully
6.not being able to shoot after you reload
7. this one is not that big of a deal but the dmr fire rate is ridiculously fast
8. customizable hud like in bf4

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.