Thread is locked.

BF3 PC Server R19 will roll out on Wed Jan 25th

lSALOHl
SA Enlisted: 2012-02-02
2012-02-28 21:18
MikaelKalms said:
Server R18 had a crashbug in it. We have resolved it, and will soon send out server R19 to the RSPs.

A few RSPs will be trialling the server during this evening/morning. The new server update will begin rollout with all RSPs during Tuesday if no gotchas are found.

Changelog
Fixed the most common server crash. The story behind this one is fairly convoluted:

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

The new server version will forcibly disconnect clients which are threatening to exhaust that particular resource. With this change in place, we do not know of anything that would make high-ticket servers less stable than normal-ticket servers.

Long banlists will not crash the server.

The banlist supports up to 10.000 entries now. This limit can be raised in the future.
The banList.list command has been modified to return at most 100 entries at a time (similar to how BC2 PC’s banList.list command works).
Any administrative tools will need to be updated to be able to see more than the first 100 entries.

Corrections to the banlist documentation.

Docs
The R18 documentation applies to R19 as well. It can be found here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R18_902705_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]
Komissar_X
PL Enlisted: 2011-11-07
2012-02-29 12:15
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
Gridlost
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-02 04:09 , edited 2012-03-02 04:12 by Gridlost
akula20342
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-03-02 20:16
manually update PB with all firewalls OFF.... Sorry if this has already been posted and is causing you to rage lol.
Learn and adapt or die crying...My specs, Self built system Processor: i7 3930K 3.2 stock @ ~4.5 Motherboard: Asus P9x79 DELUXE Cooling: Swiftech H320 Memory: 6 x 4 Gb Kingston HyperX RAM triple channel 24GB total Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB x 2 SLI
0j0m
DE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-02 20:18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
DonkeyBanger
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-03-03 10:02
MikaelKalms said:
Server R18 had a crashbug in it. We have resolved it, and will soon send out server R19 to the RSPs.

A few RSPs will be trialling the server during this evening/morning. The new server update will begin rollout with all RSPs during Tuesday if no gotchas are found.

Changelog
Fixed the most common server crash. The story behind this one is fairly convoluted:

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

The new server version will forcibly disconnect clients which are threatening to exhaust that particular resource. With this change in place, we do not know of anything that would make high-ticket servers less stable than normal-ticket servers.

Long banlists will not crash the server.

The banlist supports up to 10.000 entries now. This limit can be raised in the future.
The banList.list command has been modified to return at most 100 entries at a time (similar to how BC2 PC’s banList.list command works).
Any administrative tools will need to be updated to be able to see more than the first 100 entries.

Corrections to the banlist documentation.

Docs
The R18 documentation applies to R19 as well. It can be found here: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R18_902705_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip [static.cdn.ea.com]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCU5dVMxgo&list=PLBBC405F98AC359AA&feature=view_all [youtube.com]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI-shn38UjU&feature=bf_next&list=PLBBC405F98AC359AA&lf=view_all [youtube.com]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBiX9TwOwY0&feature=bf_next&list=PLBBC405F98AC359AA&lf=view_all [youtube.com]
"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" http://www.army.gov.au/Who-we-are/Corps/The-Royal-Australian-Infantry-Corps http://www.firstbattalionassociation1rar.org.au/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Battalion,_Royal_Australian_Regiment
Stefandefqon1
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-03-03 18:42
join this ;p AD CLAN Public HC 1500 Tickets NO RULES!!!
TNTshuffle
US Enlisted: 2012-02-16
2012-03-11 10:43 , edited 2012-03-11 11:02 by TNTshuffle
Question for everyone... and I realize this may have been beaten to death somewhere else on the web or maybe somewhere else in this forum.
1. The whole aimbot hack... Is it a real problem on the Dice Servers? I ask because I have been gaming for years, and have been playing Battlefield since it came out (since the first Battlefield), and have been playing B3 since January. I usually play 3 to 4 times a week for about an hour or two. On B3 tonight, I witnessed some stuff that in my opinion is just crazy. Getting killed with 1 shot quite often when it takes me 2, sometimes 3 shots to put an enemy down in hardcore....guys who seem to have nasty aiming techniques that I cant even believe are possible. I do not suck at the game, and am just wondering if this is just something I'm going to have to deal with as far as people using some kind of hack. I love the game, but I'll quite playing for a while until they fix it or just move on to another game. I dont normally get frustrated, but over this last weekend, I got my ass stomped so hard with this amazing aiming stuff that it makes you not want to play. I had a few military buddies-(who are gamers like me)- try the game and they were turned off by this and decided not to buy. I was trying to convince them to get the game so we could play together. Information about aimbot is all over the web so it's leading me to believe it is a serious problem. Anyway, any real info on this would be greatly appreciated and like I said, if it is a problem, I'll just put the game up for a while until it's fixed, or the hack isn't illegal anymore. Thanks!
Auquitas
ZA Enlisted: 2011-11-11
2012-03-18 15:16
Having a prob with my server

In server browser my server does not even show a ping , what could cause this
as anyone who joins my server can play for about 2 min then server just kicks them for no reason ....
And this is seriously starting to bug me as we are paying for a server and its not working :(
FapHappyFergus
2012-04-07 04:20
Cczienc said:
Fucking facist mods:

EAST THIS:

SWALLOW:

BITCHES:

SAY AAAAAAWWWWWWWEHHHHHHAAAAA:

SLURPLE TH EPURLPE:

_      ,/   ,..:::=ー,..:-=-::、 _
' \      (( 、、_/ i'´ / _....,_ `ヽ / '
/ /   、ヽ ミゞ ゝ ヽ/ ; r','"⌒~^'ー::、 \ \
/ /   ''=,ミ -- ' ^ ~ ^ ニ _ ^ヾー-:、 ミ:、、 \ \
/ /   ∠./,:=ニニ - 二 =ー::、 ^ ミ 、 ー \ \
/ / ,.::-=ニ'レ,.:--‐   ー--:: 、ヽ ヽ ミ ヾヽ \ \
/ / /,,.-‐i ;::::::-、  !  .;:::::;;;::;、 ; ヽ  ミ  、ヽ、、 \ \
/ / 〃./'i ,,:=:, 、   _ ,:=::.、  .;   ニ  ヾミ、_ \ \
/ / ,! i l,γ の> ゙:.  .: k の ミ:、 .i ,:-'   、^ミ=- \ \
/ / ノ. !,tゞニ彡'ノ : . ^ミ=ニイ、、  彡ソヘ ヾヽヽ、 \ \
/ / /. レ   /  :. '-、     :,  / ,ソミ:、 〉 ) \ \
/ /   | / /ゝ、_ノ..,)ヽ   、 l  i /ヽヾ j λ \ \
/ /   ! ヘノ/ノ川 !.ヘヾ、ミ、 i  :l  ハノ .)ノ人 ヽ、、 \ \
/ /    !.i^'=ァ~'T''⌒ナヾヘ !  i /`´ \ \
/ /    ヽ、`l  ;  /,/ / ./ノ \ \
/´¯/' '/´¯¯`·¸     ヾ、i. ;  〃゙  / ,.ノ'´ ,·´¯¯`\' '\¯`\
/'/ / / /¨¯\       ヾゝi_,ノ   ノ/ /¯¨\ \ \ \'\
('( ´ ´ ¯~/' ')       ヽ、_,,../゙ (' '\~¯ ` ` )')
\ '/ \' /
\ \ / /

…………………...„„-~^^~„-„„_
………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : : *-„
…………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
…………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
…/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
'| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
'| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
| .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
| . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
| . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|
Suck my Balls! - The Birdmen
the1andonlywolf
NL Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-05-27 19:36
you could close this thread!!! no use for it!!
http://answers.ea.com Miracles we do right away, the impossible may take some time!!
aiuwdgba8pwd
2012-05-27 19:56
TNTshuffle said:
Question for everyone... and I realize this may have been beaten to death somewhere else on the web or maybe somewhere else in this forum.
1. The whole aimbot hack... Is it a real problem on the Dice Servers? I ask because I have been gaming for years, and have been playing Battlefield since it came out (since the first Battlefield), and have been playing B3 since January. I usually play 3 to 4 times a week for about an hour or two. On B3 tonight, I witnessed some stuff that in my opinion is just crazy. Getting killed with 1 shot quite often when it takes me 2, sometimes 3 shots to put an enemy down in hardcore....guys who seem to have nasty aiming techniques that I cant even believe are possible. I do not suck at the game, and am just wondering if this is just something I'm going to have to deal with as far as people using some kind of hack. I love the game, but I'll quite playing for a while until they fix it or just move on to another game. I dont normally get frustrated, but over this last weekend, I got my ass stomped so hard with this amazing aiming stuff that it makes you not want to play. I had a few military buddies-(who are gamers like me)- try the game and they were turned off by this and decided not to buy. I was trying to convince them to get the game so we could play together. Information about aimbot is all over the web so it's leading me to believe it is a serious problem. Anyway, any real info on this would be greatly appreciated and like I said, if it is a problem, I'll just put the game up for a while until it's fixed, or the hack isn't illegal anymore. Thanks!

No, we will not tell you where to buy cheats.
CrazyHorseHaka
Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-05-27 21:42
MikaelKalms said:
PB issues are separate from the game server update. We're working with EB on it.
Why is it each server update, patch notes stated fixed when it all broke what it stated it fixed? over 6 months couldn't play ran great release date, and that was on a older mainboard then one i have now. Beta ran better then retail version why? And all changes only benfit hacks not legit players? Why is this happening is EA making money off cd key hack versions of the game for 30 bucks like bc2? bc2 was same good to bad patch, once abused hacked its kinda fixed but was better if rolled back to the start patch. Alot only wanted a better grapghics of battlefield 2. The game is static anyways, Least the keybinding worked and obeyed the owner unlike bf3 keybinding bugs from hell. This game is less serious then bad company series.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.