Thread is locked.

Bug / Problems / Issues Fix series Thread Home.

Theseuskhan
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2011-11-03 05:52 , edited 2011-11-03 05:52 by Theseuskhan
Sheepiez said:
ever pause to think that it's EA's issue and not yours ?

No . EA will only cause disconnects on a day of high stess, or a day of Matience. If a user cannot play every day , when there is no server side problems then the problem lies with the user. I blamed EA for my fault for ugh 4 odd months while i was helping other users fix theres. It does not take long to realize that the problem is ether your end, or your Hardware manufactor's end.

It is a new game,designed for the next 10 years. Thus users are going to have todo some work. Otherwise they will not be able to play, even after Dice fix the problems their end. Which tbh with my massive fettish for finding every engine / server side bug there really is not that many.

The more problems are coming from the users lack of PC Knowledge, Basic Fixes that should be known if a problem is hit on any title. The title would of been tested both on a small range of systems their end , and in Alpha and BETA on a much wider range of hardware.

Ive been helping none stop threw both, The most common problems is really that of users unable to apply simple fixes.

One lad i met in BETA, was still cursing in the Final. All he had todo was update his GPU drivers, it took him a good lecture from me and a good 40 odd complaining forum posts before he actually updated and now he can play the game fine.
- EA Answers http://Answers.ea.com/ - Got a problem/bug/glitch please head to EA Answers. If your bored check out my Youtubez https://www.Youtube.com/Theseuskhan - "In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself." - Bf3 Problems - Battlelog.org ? -
MoreSpawn
IN Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2011-11-03 07:00
See this ... MY Reply...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624717007475/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
-3ll Noob for pros & Pro for Noobs....
Theseuskhan
2011-11-03 07:27 , edited 2011-11-03 07:30 by Theseuskhan
ChaiND3ll said:
See this ... MY Reply...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624717007475/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Hey buddy your fix is on forums ughhhh and i really have been putting of saying it.

basically your card manufactor's nvidia have failed in there clock. Check the card into forum search and u will find a successfull resolve for it cough msi cough 850 mhz

=d

I dont list such fixes as it gives users information that will allow them to break there pc's. That is not my aim or want in this ugh task. My task is only to fix problems. Unfortunatly some fixes require more advanced workings which i am just not willing to say

If any user wants to post the fix in this topic i do not mind. I will not however recommend it for the above reason

its a odd old world i know, but i am well aware of what situation a basic user can find himself in (i have used pc's since birth and used to write quick basic games) however from watching and helping others, you become well aware they will try stupid things if given the opertunity. As this game is so big and i know ppl will lie to EA to get onto it (aka they are not 15 etc) i design all my posts / fixes / videos for the age bracket below. That way i know i wont put a stupid user in the postition to break his system. So yeh

Search threw the forums for 560 ti.

Your fix is on there. I hope (if not try a reformat if that is in your knowledge) i was gona do a vid on it sometime, i might have to (but that does require reformatting the pc only to load video codecs to encode the video) (soul reason i reformat is to provide my environment for the game i play on, and i did that last thursday just before BF3 came open in my area)-

So yar buddy sorry but aye ur fix is on forums, ive given u enough info to find it.=d
- EA Answers http://Answers.ea.com/ - Got a problem/bug/glitch please head to EA Answers. If your bored check out my Youtubez https://www.Youtube.com/Theseuskhan - "In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself." - Bf3 Problems - Battlelog.org ? -
PenntaFive
CZ Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-03 07:35
you missing Loopoing of sound at all mods , main in SP
killerbill49
Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-03 07:43
This is the worst game i have ever bought, after spending a heap of money on my PC to get it ready for this buggy piece of crap is a great disappointment I'll go back to Rage and count the days until MW3 until EA gets their fingers out and FIX'S IT
Theseuskhan
2011-11-03 08:03 , edited 2011-11-03 08:03 by Theseuskhan
ReigenCZ said:
you missing Loopoing of sound at all mods , main in SP

Id say update your onboard drivers, there is a video guide on how todo this under "Diagnoising and fixing your own problems", Be very carefull and ensure you back up windows first using System Restore.

Remember if you ever are put in a posititen (not very likely with my guides) that windows will not start at all. Use F8 to enter Safe mode. There you can restore your system to a state before you started to apply whatever fix.

You will need to obtain your Motherboard Make and Model with Cpu-z . Then you can go about finding the driver website for it, make sure it is your motherboards exact website. If your PC is made by DELL , ASUS , ALIENWARE ETC , Then you MUST obtain your drivers from them. Each will have a page dedicated to your PC. If you are still stuck bud post a DXDIAG, ill take a look at your driver versons
MrSkraal
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-03 09:33
Am i the only one having problems with crashes? when im playing i can play like 15-20 mins before it crashes and its getting on my nerves, im not sure if it is my computer or if it's the game. so back to the point am i the only one having these problems?
Solamnus
TR Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2011-11-03 09:41
WOW! Awesome and very constructive / helpful thread.Great job mate :D This place needs threads like this..other then that everybody can whine. :P I'm also adding you as a friend.Great job!
FingerFunk
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-03 10:05
Leave a reply...
KimDarkness said:
nothing about Sharing Internet with another player i cant even play on the same server that my little brother is playing on without either i get connection text and it stays there forever till i close it... or my little brother gets disconnected and then i get in anyone knows how to fix this i dont use a router sort of since the internet is the router...

To play at the same time with someone else on your network you need to configure the game to use different ports on each computer. I guess you could only make this change on one but I prefered changing both systems. You can do this via the registry. Press WinKey+R to bring up the run box and type regedit.exe and press enter. browse down to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX\Games\{E5D8B2BD-7072-4333-BA8A-EDB6F05EC7C7}

Change the value named: AppExePath
from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe +clientport 20000

on your brother's machine change it to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe +clientport 21000

This will ensure bf3 uses these ports rather than the default port.
If you installed the game to a different directory then obviously the path to bf3.exe may be different on your systems.
SpiritChef
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-03 10:21
YoSinz said:
Really helpful thread, but my (a really common) problem is not listed/solved.

Problem is...
5-10mins in to the Multi-Player, Bf3 freezes comepletely and an odd noise comes out of the speaker.
In frozen state, can not Alt-tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del or anything, when i say completely- I mean COMPLETELY.
Everything stays frozen until my laptop is shutted off and restarted up.

I searched around and found a temp fix, which is to disable Realtek Sound Driver through Device manager.
After disabling, no freezes at all; but of course, no sound at all either...

Apparently this problem was in BF:BC2 as well; which i also own. But had totally forgot what the fix was-

Please do look into this.
When searching for fixes, I was amazed on how many players has this problem.

*Note: I've played the Alpha/Beta with no such issue. Only the full release.
*Note2: Realtek is associated with ASUS machines.

SAME HERE PLEASE HELP. (have already wasted 35 hours in forums doing everything humanly possible, volts/cpu/gpu under/overclocking, drivers, clean, without HDsound + 3D. sound card disabled in win, and bios etc etc etc) I get CONSTANT FREEZE crashes about every 2-10 mins. Great thread for all the other problems though, well done...
DrugControl
CH Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2011-11-03 17:59
TheseusKhan said:
Perhaps buddy ugh if u truely tryed everything ughh

u got a friend whos router u can try?

it doesnt add up u being able to play BC2 fine, usually one ea game affected all ea games affects

what local side firewall do you have?>

firewalls from windows 7.

i have deactivated firewall too, nothing.

and again, during the day, around 2-6pm i can play without problems, after disconnects. a bit strange?
DeaDNeoN4
BG Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2011-11-03 18:27
Nice stuff to fix but can you fix this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489442645557/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
If you can please send me a message or reply to the post or idk what please someone help me ! :'(
MoreSpawn
IN Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2011-11-03 19:14 , edited 2011-11-03 19:23 by MoreSpawn
TheseusKhan said:
ChaiND3ll said:
See this ... MY Reply...

Hey buddy your fix is on forums ughhhh and i really have been putting of saying it.

basically your card manufactor's nvidia have failed in there clock. Check the card into forum search and u will find a successfull resolve for it cough msi cough 850 mhz

=d

I dont list such fixes as it gives users information that will allow them to break there pc's. That is not my aim or want in this ugh task. My task is only to fix problems. Unfortunatly some fixes require more advanced workings which i am just not willing to say

If any user wants to post the fix in this topic i do not mind. I will not however recommend it for the above reason

its a odd old world i know, but i am well aware of what situation a basic user can find himself in (i have used pc's since birth and used to write quick basic games) however from watching and helping others, you become well aware they will try stupid things if given the opertunity. As this game is so big and i know ppl will lie to EA to get onto it (aka they are not 15 etc) i design all my posts / fixes / videos for the age bracket below. That way i know i wont put a stupid user in the postition to break his system. So yeh

Your fix is on there. I hope (if not try a reformat if that is in your knowledge) i was gona do a vid on it sometime, i might have to (but that does require reformatting the pc only to load video codecs to encode the video) (soul reason i reformat is to provide my environment for the game i play on, and i did that last thursday just before BF3 came open in my area)-

So yar buddy sorry but aye ur fix is on forums, ive given u enough info to find it.=d

Theseus Khan - Thanks for the reply..
But how about i say i get the same BSOD even on GTS450(All settings Low).
I will try searching the Forum with the keywords >GTX560Ti< & Will see what i can do.
But i would be glad if you can give me the link directly..
Thanks a lot for the reply.
i really appreciate it man!

Edit:- i've gone through the forum for GTX560Ti crash.. etc.,
I will work on it with the tools & Keep you guys posted here..
Hopefully things get fixed :)
-3ll Noob for pros & Pro for Noobs....
Theseuskhan
2011-11-03 21:18
ChaiND3ll said:
TheseusKhan said:
ChaiND3ll said:
See this ... MY Reply...

=d

Theseus Khan - Thanks for the reply..
But how about i say i get the same BSOD even on GTS450(All settings Low).
I will try searching the Forum with the keywords &gt;GTX560Ti&lt; &amp; Will see what i can do.
But i would be glad if you can give me the link directly..
Thanks a lot for the reply.
i really appreciate it man!

Edit:- i've gone through the forum for GTX560Ti crash.. etc.,
I will work on it with the tools &amp; Keep you guys posted here..
Hopefully things get fixed :)

I really would not normally say this. If you have tryed everything then downclock the gpu to around 850mhz , this is refering to a known fix as the clock on the 560 is ever so slightly unstable. The usual tool for this is called MSI afterburner. There is serveral guides to this in the forums, I would advise you follow the search link. Research and properly implement the fix confidently. Do not do it if you are unsure. This fix is ONLY for a unstable clock on Nvidia Chipsets. ALL ATI cards will not be a unstable clock. The factory / company does not do such methods. As i said be CAREFULL. Check GOOGLE , and RESEARCH until you are CONFIDENT the fix you will implement is the right one.

This is around the most advanced bit of advice im willing to give on these forums, if a moderator deems this knowledge un-allowed please remove this post immediately. As i stated do Not Implement anything you are UNSURE ON/
IurinaghLappen
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-04 02:40
Hi, great threads.
I have a wierd problem that i hope you cane give me some tips on.
First-specs
Asus P5E M-board
Intel core2duo E8400 running standard 3Ghz clocking
6gigs of 6400 corsair rams
And a HD 4870X2 graphics card.
Win7 64bit ultimate
X-fi sound card
Windows and driver up to date and formatted about one mounth ago.

Now the problem.
I am having a very low average FPS, between 15-30 somtimes 40 but on low settings.
But this is the strange part.
If I run the graphics card. with both cores on I have around 20 fps no matter what graphics setting in the game from "low" to "ultra"
If I turn of the Catalyst AI, witch apperenty turns of one core, i get a normal reaction.
I.E the higher the graphics setting in the game the lower fps.
No i run with one core and around 20-30 fps

I have serched the net and found that there were some problems with crossfire before the new driver, and my card is basically a crossfire although on the same card.
But I have cleaned the drivers and installed Catalyst driver 11.10 and Cap4 profiles and still the same.

I realise that I am not going to be able to run the game in high or ultra but i think I should get a litte better framerate on low.
I mean, I Just ran metro 2033 with everything maxed and running around 90-120 fps, ok the card where running quite hot but very smooth and VERY pretty.

Do you have any useful tips for me?
Driver problem?
Too slow cpu?
Can´t find any real usefull help online.
Theseuskhan
2011-11-04 02:44
IurinaghLappen said:
Hi, great threads.
I have a wierd problem that i hope you cane give me some tips on.
First-specs
Asus P5E M-board
Intel core2duo E8400 running standard 3Ghz clocking
6gigs of 6400 corsair rams
And a HD 4870X2 graphics card.
Win7 64bit ultimate
X-fi sound card
Windows and driver up to date and formatted about one mounth ago.

Now the problem.
I am having a very low average FPS, between 15-30 somtimes 40 but on low settings.
But this is the strange part.
If I run the graphics card. with both cores on I have around 20 fps no matter what graphics setting in the game from &quot;low&quot; to &quot;ultra&quot;
If I turn of the Catalyst AI, witch apperenty turns of one core, i get a normal reaction.
I.E the higher the graphics setting in the game the lower fps.
No i run with one core and around 20-30 fps

I have serched the net and found that there were some problems with crossfire before the new driver, and my card is basically a crossfire although on the same card.
But I have cleaned the drivers and installed Catalyst driver 11.10 and Cap4 profiles and still the same.

I realise that I am not going to be able to run the game in high or ultra but i think I should get a litte better framerate on low.
I mean, I Just ran metro 2033 with everything maxed and running around 90-120 fps, ok the card where running quite hot but very smooth and VERY pretty.

Do you have any useful tips for me?
Driver problem?
Too slow cpu?
Can´t find any real usefull help online.

If you post your DXDIAG i will take a look gladly mate. However i suspect your GFX and other drivers were obtained straight from ASUS (like you should) these are always out of date. Its why u don't by manufactured PC's and always built your own.
Str1ckenDead
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2011-11-04 02:48
Great post, free Bump
IurinaghLappen
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2011-11-04 02:49 , edited 2011-11-04 02:50 by IurinaghLappen
Cant post dx diag right now, Im at work.
No, drivers downloades from ati and creative and so on.
Built this rig myself about three yers ago and it has served me wery well.
But I hear a lot of peope saying that you need a quad core but then I see people running just fine on a dual.
What do you think?
Theseuskhan
2011-11-04 03:08 , edited 2011-11-04 03:08 by Theseuskhan
IurinaghLappen said:
Cant post dx diag right now, Im at work.
No, drivers downloades from ati and creative and so on.
Built this rig myself about three yers ago and it has served me wery well.
But I hear a lot of peope saying that you need a quad core but then I see people running just fine on a dual.
What do you think?

Depends on the speed of that Deo. I can run fraps etc fine while playing on High with 0 problems. But if u watch my vid on basic performance you will see I am Obsessed with good game performance. This is my gaming system,

i do small amounts of programming on here not much, most big tasks like compiling etc or the final build will all take place on a Linux system i have next to me.
Xellz999
US Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2011-11-04 03:11
Sheepiez said:
ever pause to think that it's EA's issue and not yours ?

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.