Thread is locked.

Xbox 360 & PS3 "DICE Owned" Servers Quadrupled.

Maclochlainn
RS Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-13 22:57 , edited 2012-09-13 23:16 by Maclochlainn
F.A.O Dice/EA

Whatever spin you try and put on this won't distract us from the fact that you have removed the basic structure for multiplayer by taking away the official servers, There are currently NO Official European servers with Armoured Kill playlists (on xbox).. I'm sure that I am in the majority here that is sick of playing these bullsh*t rent-a-servers where the experience you have depends on the morality of the players hosting them.

In an FPS world where balance is often mentioned, how can it be justified that RANKED matches would have us play under the rules of another player? a player that has the ability to remove players from the game in order to use the vehicles he alone wants to play with, or can decide at any time during an intense match to swap me to the other team (killing me in the process) to finish the game on the losing side. And lets not forget all the "rules" they create on their banners, playstyle & weapon restrictions aside I even saw a banner that said "No Americans" with an X placed over their flag.

Do you really belive this strategy will do you any good in the long run? This system is obviously flawed by design to excerpt as much cash out of loyal Battlefield players as possible. Players don't forget these things when the time comes to convince us to buy the next installment of the series & this is by far the most disrespecful treatment I have experienced by any game company to it's Customer base.

The game isn't even a year old and most of us here have allready paid for the next expansions (via premium) with the intention of prolonged play..So come on.. do the right thing before your credibility sinks even further.:

*Multiplayer on Official servers via quick match
*Official servers with gamemode specific playlists
*Official servers that let us play on ALL the maps
*Official Expansion specific servers

You know... all the things that existed before you took them away & are now trying to sell back to us... Keep the rent-a-servers as an OPTION if you must, but not as the only way to experience the game.. because as it stands this experience is NOT the dynamic Battlefield game you onced owned.

The only "Battlefield moments" that stick with me after a session these days are negative.

GIVE US BACK OUR GAME!
buzzkillintin1
US Enlisted: 2011-11-08
2012-09-14 02:47
YES im sick of getting kicked because of killing the admin to much ... when they get butthurt you get kicked = CRAP
if you have somthing smart ass to say keep it to your self
Betrayor1967
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-09-17 02:03 , edited 2012-09-17 02:07 by Betrayor1967
Kind of late to the party here. I have been salty about the lack of Dice servers and agreeing with others here, I would like to see more single mode servers. I only play TDM and am not all that when it comes to playing the game anyhow but I don't appreciate having to play other modes if I don't want to.
rpsx
JP Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-17 10:20
does anyone at DICE realize that these new servers do NOT show up in the server browser? at least on PS3. that makes them essentially useless, as they are invisible to anyone wanting to play on them. standard browser (first "tab") players = any. no servers appear. if i do a "DICE" manual keyword search, there they are - all empty. odd.

there still needs to be a quick match checkbox for "DICE official servers only." yeah, and while you're at it "Hardcore." HAHAHA. yeah.
XXXXXXWARHOGX1
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-09-17 13:21 , edited 2012-09-17 13:23 by XXXXXXWARHOGX1
Maclochlainn said:
F.A.O Dice/EA

Whatever spin you try and put on this won't distract us from the fact that you have removed the basic structure for multiplayer by taking away the official servers, There are currently NO Official European servers with Armoured Kill playlists (on xbox).. I'm sure that I am in the majority here that is sick of playing these bullsh*t rent-a-servers where the experience you have depends on the morality of the players hosting them.

In an FPS world where balance is often mentioned, how can it be justified that RANKED matches would have us play under the rules of another player? a player that has the ability to remove players from the game in order to use the vehicles he alone wants to play with, or can decide at any time during an intense match to swap me to the other team (killing me in the process) to finish the game on the losing side. And lets not forget all the "rules" they create on their banners, playstyle & weapon restrictions aside I even saw a banner that said "No Americans" with an X placed over their flag.

Do you really belive this strategy will do you any good in the long run? This system is obviously flawed by design to excerpt as much cash out of loyal Battlefield players as possible. Players don't forget these things when the time comes to convince us to buy the next installment of the series & this is by far the most disrespecful treatment I have experienced by any game company to it's Customer base.

The game isn't even a year old and most of us here have allready paid for the next expansions (via premium) with the intention of prolonged play..So come on.. do the right thing before your credibility sinks even further.:
dice he is right, dont do this with bf4 please
*Multiplayer on Official servers via quick match
*Official servers with gamemode specific playlists
*Official servers that let us play on ALL the maps
*Official Expansion specific servers

You know... all the things that existed before you took them away & are now trying to sell back to us... Keep the rent-a-servers as an OPTION if you must, but not as the only way to experience the game.. because as it stands this experience is NOT the dynamic Battlefield game you onced owned.

The only "Battlefield moments" that stick with me after a session these days are negative.

GIVE US BACK OUR GAME!
dice he is right the game was great at the start just needed a few small tweaks.
ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD!
Maclochlainn
RS Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-17 16:57 , edited 2012-09-17 17:17 by Maclochlainn
Bump: "We've got 99 problems but server support is No.1"

I'd like to post some quotes from other media sources, This topic is much more than a few fans ranting (as we often do) & it's important to know the difference between a rant & an actual justified grievance.


Quote from 1up:
The ability to rent dedicated Battlefield 3 servers for use in the console versions of the game was a welcome addition back in March. Unfortunately, playing on these servers appears to have become the only option for playing online multiplayer, a development which understandably has fans of the game frustrated with Electronic Arts and DICE.

This is a great option to have, although the word 'OPTION' is key.



Quote from Destructiod:
EA kills free Battlefield 3 servers, pushes paid ones

On the one hand, players did apparently ask for the opportunity to pay EA even more money, so that's on their head. On the other, I don't think anybody asked for the free servers to be completely replaced. Either way, people are paying to rent a game they already bought for an online service many of them paid to subscribe to.



Quote from VentureBeat:
Initially there were plenty of official DICE and EA servers running concurrently with the new private servers. Over the past week, however, console players have noticed the official servers disappearing, to the point where DICE-managed servers are no longer visible on either PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

Battlefield 3 players are, perhaps understandably, up in arms about what appears to be a lack of official support for the game.




If the intent of this topic (Xbox 360 & PS3 "DICE Owned" Servers Quadrupled) was to silence such negative press then I'd say It has failed horribly as the current state of Official servers is no better now.

Just let us play the game the way it was.. you'll still have people giving you money for the Rented servers but they should in no way be a replacement for Official servers with standard rules & playlists.

Quick match should never place us into a Pay-to-Play server, there is nothing "Ranked" about playing on another players server where they control the rules.

I would hate to avoid any future Battlefield games as I love the series, but if this is the way foward then I'll live with out them.
rpsx
JP Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-09-18 06:25
Maclochlainn said:
flawed by design

i think this is where you hit the nail on the head. DICE seems to be completely ignorant or inexperienced when it comes to any kind of higher level design choice, sociological understanding, user experience, and at a base level user interface. this server settings fiasco is just another result, amongst so many other things.

my only guess to explain this is, they have been doing the same thing for so long, with no real understand or critical assessment or testing of what they design, all because the assumption is, if sales increase they must be doing it right. obviously... a false assumption.
QwertyIUP
US Enlisted: 2011-11-02
2012-09-19 14:43
rpsx said:
does anyone at DICE realize that these new servers do NOT show up in the server browser? at least on PS3. that makes them essentially useless, as they are invisible to anyone wanting to play on them. standard browser (first "tab") players = any. no servers appear. if i do a "DICE" manual keyword search, there they are - all empty. odd.

there still needs to be a quick match checkbox for "DICE official servers only." yeah, and while you're at it "Hardcore." HAHAHA. yeah.


I played for the first time in over a month last night -- tired of a$$hole server admins booting me because I took the jet they wanted, or games that have quadruple tickets and take 45 minutes to complete. To say I was disappointed by the servers is an understatement.

I used the search under server browser. All it shows is pages of empty DICE servers and tells me that I need to filter the results ... but you CAN'T filter those results on the search (like using R3 on PS3 from the other server browser screen). Honestly, in 20 pages of official servers, every one was EMPTY.

I decided way back that I wasn't buying premium on principle alone and MAYBE purchasing armored kill; but I cannot commit any more time to the game if I can't play in an official server without astronomical ticket counts or crybaby admins. Maybe have ALL private servers that adjust the rules be forced to show the little icon, or make them post the ticket count multiplier so I can at least avoid those hosts.

Better yet, let quick match take me to official servers as a default -- that wouldn't be so hard! I would really like to play multiple maps in a session, not 2 marathon games.
white_fang-94
US Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2012-09-23 21:15
hows come when i search for DICE the only thing that comes up is ALL empty servers.
i dont think anyone on ps3 plays on a DICE server
U mad bro yolo
PrincestLuna
US Enlisted: 2012-06-21
2012-09-23 21:45
The concept isn't ENTIRELY broken, at least spawn killers and glitchers can be removed immediately although this is usually not what people are kicked for.
DEWALT_101
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-09-23 22:43
Yep , try finding a hardcore DICE server for AK on the east coast ! My platoon tries every night . All we get is west coast or euros.
Draxis1
US Enlisted: 2011-12-31
2012-10-01 22:03
Saweeet! 'Bout time, too - I was afraid all of the personal servers would start saying "No Weapons of ANY Kind!" You know, then we'd run around playing "tag" until enough of us died of boredom to close out the game...unless the server was set to 500%.
NewbiePlayer
GB Enlisted: 2012-07-21
2012-10-07 07:33
Yeah yeah. I kinda got lost and now Im Done for = Owned
D: D: D: D: D :D :D D: D: D: D: D: D: D:
budin7736
MY Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2012-10-13 05:03
for f**k sake, plz bring back the Official Server!!....
YonderStudent30
GB Enlisted: 2012-04-05
2012-10-13 05:52
bring them back NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
Maclochlainn
RS Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2012-10-14 21:50
I think it's time to be realistic, this pay-to-play system isn't going to be changed while it remains profitable... The only voice EA/DICE will listen to resides in our wallets.

What is the point of playing a FPS that refuses to give us access to Official servers as default matchmaking? The game we paid for no longer exists.

This game isn't worth spending another cent on in it's current state which is a shame as there must have been a better way to rob the community without alienating us in the process.

I am really looking foward to the next Battlefield game so I can return the favour to EA/DICE, this is no longer a franchise I have any interest in.
Snipur123
CX Enlisted: 2012-01-08
2012-10-14 22:11
Maclochlainn said:
I think it's time to be realistic, this pay-to-play system isn't going to be changed while it remains profitable... The only voice EA/DICE will listen to resides in our wallets.

What is the point of playing a FPS that refuses to give us access to Official servers as default matchmaking? The game we paid for no longer exists.

This game isn't worth spending another cent on in it's current state which is a shame as there must have been a better way to rob the community without alienating us in the process.

I am really looking foward to the next Battlefield game so I can return the favour to EA/DICE, this is no longer a franchise I have any interest in.

How is the game pay 2 play? The guns that you get for free are a lot better than the DLC ones. I dont think i have any of those guns in my top 20
Premium bonus content images: http://i47.tinypic.com/ml3t6d.jpg http://i.qkme.me/3p3qv6.jpg <--I dare you (17+)
stonz1er
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-10-21 10:43 , edited 2012-10-21 10:47 by stonz1er
Official DICE hardcore no map CQ/RUSH mix. Official.. No maps make for an more authentic experience. And different modes offer different takes on Maps.. That's premium.
Quali7ys7ree7
GB Enlisted: 2012-04-09
2012-10-21 20:52
hi peeps i have rented a server on bf3 for 6 month now and every time i use it the number of players change all the time but when i go into my
map setting it is set on 24 players does anyone no reason for this or why this happens any help would be great cheers alll
Tempest_420
Enlisted: 2012-10-21
2012-10-21 21:29
worst game ever post patch.... pre patch i was # 132 in the main leaderboards and #30 in the MBT leaderboards, and it all went to shit when they got started rent a server atleast make it were somebody cant kick / ban you for good game play... i busted my ass to get to were i was in the leaderboards and now i CANNOT finish a full game. banned from over 200 servers and counting for bullshit reasons
 
Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.