Thread is locked.

connection timed out

Alpha_Gamer777
AU Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-10-11 09:29
juz woundering why i get a connection timed out message about every 15 mins of game play its quite annoying any one have any ideas?
Dethscream
Enlisted: 2011-11-13
2012-10-11 09:30
What's the exact message?
Aronndu
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-10-11 10:24
I bet it's Game Disconnected: Something went wrong.
Alpha_Gamer777
2012-10-11 10:55
game manager says ;
game disconnected : your connection to the server has timmed out.
can reconnect or close game, but it juz gets annoying every 15 mins or so
and i also get; something went wrong as well when trying to join some servers
stretcharoo100
AU Enlisted: 2012-04-09
2012-10-11 13:19
yep i get that all the time. Always happens in good games, then get kicked and can not rejoin cause server is full!!

I had no problems, up until the last patch now it is constant,
LiBever
CH Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-10-11 13:21
Alpha_Gamer777 said:
juz woundering why i get a connection timed out message about every 15 mins of game play its quite annoying any one have any ideas?

op check this

Why am I getting a "Connection to the server timed out" error?

Updated: 10/27/2011
You will need to disable "UPnP" on your router to fix this error.

To get inside your router and access its control panel:

Type the router’s internal IP address into your web browser on a computer on your network (IP addresses are different for each router. For DLink, it's http://192.168.0.1., [192.168.0.1.] for Linksys routers it’s http://192.168.1.1, [192.168.1.1] and http://192.168.2.1 [192.168.2.1] for several other brands. Check your router’s manual if none of these work for you.)
Click the Tools tab, then the Misc button.
Click Disabled next to the UPNP listing.
Be sure to click Apply to update the router with this new setting.

source https://help.ea.com/article/connection-to-the-server-timed-out-error [help.ea.com]
Связаться со службой технической поддержки ЕА можно через сайт http://help.ea.com • Хочешь быть героем? http://answers.ea.com • Would like to be a Hero? • Answer HQ – Community Run Help Forum • I am a Battlelog moderator and do not officially represent EA/DICE • Данный аккаунт не является официальным аккаунтом сотрудника EA.
HUNTERSTRIKES
SG Enlisted: 2012-01-17
2012-10-11 13:30 , edited 2012-10-11 13:35 by HUNTERSTRIKES
I had bought the Premium pack last month and it was working fine but recently I just cannot connect into any game. After all the start up until connection, I was disconnected after about half a minutes. Can anyone help me? It very flustrating being keep out.
LiBever
2012-10-11 13:32
hey check your connection reboot router keep of it for 5 mins read above what i wrote also you can check this:

Problem 3:
Get disconnected very often without a reason.

Solution 1:
-Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [evenbalance.com]
-Extract the files in a folder
-Run PBSETUP.exe
-Click "add a game"
-Select "Battlefield 3". The path of the game should be detected automatically, if not, point it to the right path.
-Click check for updates
-Once the downloads are over, you'll get a message "battlefield 3 is up to date" or similiar. you may now close the application.

Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot.

Solution 3
-Open chrome/IE/firefox
-Type in the adress bar 192.168.0.1 and press enter. if nothing work with that IP, try with one of these: 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.1.1. With one of these IPs you should be able to open up your router's page.
-Log into the router panel (username is usually "admin" or "administrator", aswell as the password)
-Once you are in, you should search for an option called UPnP, and disable it. it might be somewhere in the advanced options, i really can't help you with this one because it's not on my router, and every router it's different, so you might or might not have it.

In case you still have the problem...well...go to the nearest churc and turn on a candle, then prey for a bit.
Связаться со службой технической поддержки ЕА можно через сайт http://help.ea.com • Хочешь быть героем? http://answers.ea.com • Would like to be a Hero? • Answer HQ – Community Run Help Forum • I am a Battlelog moderator and do not officially represent EA/DICE • Данный аккаунт не является официальным аккаунтом сотрудника EA.
932FCB609043BC17
AQ Enlisted: 2012-10-11
2012-10-11 13:40
Disable UPnP in your router settings and download update for PB
HUNTERSTRIKES
SG Enlisted: 2012-01-17
2012-10-11 13:42 , edited 2012-10-11 13:50 by HUNTERSTRIKES
Hi N00beris,

Thank you for your information. But mine is not connection time out. Mine is cannot get connected during joining game. Will this help?
LiBever
2012-10-11 13:51
HUNTERSTRIKES said:
Hi N00beris,

Thank you for your information. But mine is not connection time out. Mine is cannot get connected during joining game. Will this help?

hey you mean stuck on loading screen? if its try this method:

right click on the desktop shortcut for Origin,,

go to properties > compatibility tab > check off run as administrator > apply

and restart origin..( i restart whole pc just in case) and try again and let us know what happens.

if above not work:

go to settings in origin, then scroll down!!

1) Uncheck use cloud storage for all games
2) Delete settings folder in C:/Users/your name/My documents/Battlefield 3 (you can make a copy to save in case)
3) It should now work
Alpha_Gamer777
2012-10-12 08:48
thanks guys it was upnp that was the problem
Skettimos
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-12-15 05:37
UPNP Disabled
Punkbuster updated
uPNP and SSDP service stopped
Port Forwarding set
Reinstalled the game

still disconnect
MasterChief5430
CA Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2012-12-15 19:29
I play on xbox and this is my problem.....

Everytime i join a game everything works fine for the first 10-15min and then all the sudden without a warning/lag or anything the game disconnects and sends me back to the main menu with the message "connection to EA lost" or something like that. It happens on every server i enter ever since aftermath came out for xbox.
Skettimos
US Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2012-12-27 08:17
Just an update to my issue.....nothing on the router needs to be added. no customizations. The only change was to my DSL modem to bridge mode. it is a centurylink 500 something.
Rhys704
Enlisted: 2012-12-29
2012-12-30 16:36
Yeh, i have that problem.. :|
Funkydupe
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2013-01-04 14:52
I have this problem. Every single server I join. My connection works fine for everything else I play. Fix it!
swespot
SE Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2013-01-04 16:12
Hey folks'!

Have you guys followed n00beris solution steps? And if his solution didn't work for you guys by an unknown reason, try my solution steps!

(Be sure you are logged in into EA's website, so you have your Origin/Battlelog profile linked at all times within EA, you can sometimes for example experience errors such as ''You are disconnected from EA Online'' if you aren't logged in.)

If you already are logged in,

I
I
v

Read the steps very carefully and this error message that's mentioned in the topic, + other kinds of error messages won't come back hopefully!

1. Click at Start
2. Go to ''Run''
3. Write : services.msc
4. Scroll down to SSDP Discovery
5. Right click it
6. Click Stop
7. Getting an annotation if you want to stop UpNp Device Host aswell? - Click ''Yes''
8. Try the game

Do this and you'll be able to play the game without any errors, if you want to have this setup in the services all the time, go to SSDP Discovery again, right click at it, and click at ''Properties'' , a window will appear and then at ''Starting method'' you choose ''Automatical''!
Otherwise you must do the steps i mentioned earlier everytime you start your computer after you've shut it down!

BTW, you could also disable the UpNp on your router, + at the same time using the steps i mentioned earlier, + the steps i will mention down under!

Now, to the Network Identification !

Start, Control Panel, Under Network and Internet, you click at ''Show networkstatus etc'', then, at the left side of the window that will appear it says ''Change advanced sharing settings'', After you've clicked at that, you will be transferred into another window, and at Network Identifying, you click at ''Disable Networkidentifying''!

Follow those steps mentioned above, + the steps i wrote to you earlier, + disable the UpNp at your router! Good luck, and follow the steps Really Really carefully, since this has always worked for me + about 500+ other people that i've helped! :)

1. Still doesn't work? Repair the game from Origin.
2. Go look after an update for Punkbuster.

3. Be sure you're logged into EA.

Good luck, take care and happy new year! :)
DICE Friend/Approved since May 31, 2013
VinnyXL
IL Enlisted: 2012-07-12
2013-01-25 22:36 , edited 2013-01-26 10:31 by VinnyXL
Fuckin EA and dice... unbelievable!
Game was working fine until recently.
tried all the above, doesnt work. of course!
just think about it, they say theres around 12 million players, each of us spent approx. 40-50$ for this game.
12*45(average)=540 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and those cocksuckers cant even come up with a solution to a problem with thier game?!?%!&$%* OMFG!! BJFMS!!!!
WTF?!

I really loved the game and the community, and a refund is probably not gonna happen, so ill try to fix it. if its a no go.... imma move to shitty COD... NOT! :D
Imma move to far cry 3 or something... i dont know.
good luck to all of us who has this problem!

*EDIT*

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!
If you get disconnected and the NIC keep going on and off, just go to Network and sharing center click the Local Area Connection > Properties > Configure... > Advanced and under the Speed&Duplex found on the left list click on the right side on the scroll-down and choose 10MB Full Duplex!
Thats it! no more NIC on and off bullshit!
Have fun!
It wasnt the upnp or anything else people posted here, the solution is way easier!
BloodyTampon1996
Enlisted: 2015-03-23
2016-04-28 17:24
got the same problem al the fixes that is mentioned above but it doesn t help. The disable thingy helped me for a little while but now it doesn t work anymore.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.