Thread is locked.

Overall community feedback by theDokt0r for DICE

theDokt0r
RS Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2012-12-13 21:52 , edited 2013-08-31 21:47 by theDokt0r
This thread serves the purpose of only collecting feedback, on how to improve the game.

Feedback for Battlefield 4 and 3
1. Commander (That is a must in the next game with everything that the commander from BF2 had, so UAV, Supplies, Scan, Artillery and maybe something more).
2. 5or 6 man squads,
3. Make an option in-game to custom name your squad,
4. Make the game server sided (no more killed behind a wall and other lag client sided related problems),It will stay clean sided but with a much improved netcode.
5. General ranks for BF3 with requirements in time and a high number of points. (This will make a difference between casual and veteran players),
6. Implement the traditional ranking system from Battlefield 2 [bf2awards.com] in Battlefield 4 (except the requirement to be in the top 50 for the 4th service star).
7. Destructibleand repairable bridges Destruction confirmed in Paracel storm.
8. Commo rose with text feed (preferably the same as from BF2),
9. Make at least 12 missions for CO-OP and also from 2-6 players for CO-OP.
10. Squad leader giving tactical orders on any part of the map like in BF2/2142,
11. In-game VOiP,
12. Ability for soldiers to swim underwater,
13. Add a Skirmish mod (multiplayer maps with bots),There will be a tutorial mode in Battlefield 4, where the player can practise everything before playing MP.
14. Limited ammo for vehicles. (This is crucial to prevent basereaping),Ammo will be limited with a slow reloading timer.
15. Choppers and jets rearming and repairing at when flying over airstrip/landing-pad, tanks and other vehicles rearming when entering main base and on supply drops),
16. Limited number of magazines for soldiers (when reloading soldier is spending magazines not bullets),Confirmed for Hardcore mod, hopefully will be in Normal mode as well.
17. Snipers scope reflections needs to be removed (or at-least inside buildings and on night maps),
18. Double the Altitude limit for jets and choppers, (the way it is now, choppers are 2 close to the ground and can easily be taken down by AA and Stingers),
19. LAN support (so that people can have LAN party`s)
20. Reduce the Sun glare(BC2 style was perfect),
21. Reduce or make an option to turn off the Color Filter in vanilla and B2K maps (its just a simple click of a button for you guys to do this and it means a lot for the community).
22. More soldier skins (at least 4 skins per class),
23. Spectator mode, (That would make the job of an admin much easier and also would help with e-sports),
24. Make Russians also attackers on some Rush maps- answered by Gustav [twitter.com]
25. Add a night mod for every map, so that every map can be day or night, add an option in Battlelog so that people can choose between night and day for every map, (simply add a moon on every map, turn some lamp posts ON and that`s it), also make some kind of illuminating flares that would light up the Battlefield on those night maps,
26. Remove the 3D spotting for PC,
27. Add lights on vehicles that can be turned OFF and ON,
28. Dynamical weather system (either the weather to change in a match or an option for the admin to set weather conditions before the round starts),
29. Reduce the requirements for the M:COM Defend Medal,
30. Make a ``Transport medal`` with requirements of some transport kill assist value,
31. Give the defibrillators a cool down between each revive, until it can be used again (2-3 seconds) currently there is the animation but no matter what the soldier in the animation is doing you can revive fallen teammates),
32. Make faction only weapons when playing (Russians can only choose their weapons and those produced in the former Warsaw Pact [en.wikipedia.org] countries in the world, Americans should use weapons produced in US and other NATO countries [en.wikipedia.org],
33. Give official EA/DICE servers for the not so popular game modes like SQ RUSH AK,Confirmed in the livestream that there will be more DICE servers for less popular game modes.
34. Move the Flag capturing indicator from the Center of the HUD to the side,
35. Make the suppression effect to only affect you`re soldier not the bullet spread or remove suppression completely,
36. Add all the camouflages that soldiers have to weapons,
37. Add a classic preset for Battlelog and Procon/Rcon like this one: http://tyni.cc/nueGO [tyni.cc]
38. More different vehicles from the group like MTB, attack choppers. (in BF Vietnam 2004 you had 4 types of choppers for the US team: AH-1G_HueyCobra [battlefield.wikia.com], UH-1 Huey Gunship and Transport chopper [battlefield.wikia.com], ACH-47_Chinook [battlefield.wikia.com].
39. Two seated bomber jets, Battlefield 2 had F-15 Strike Eagle for US [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-30 for China [wiki.bf2s.com], SU-34 Flanker (MEC team) [wiki.bf2s.com],
40. Make Russians speak Russian, not English (check the video from 3:00 http://tyni.cc/ZbSX6 [tyni.cc] ),
41. Stamina meter that limits sprint and jumping (was in BF2-BF2142),
42. Remove the Spawn Protection when getting revived and when spawning on Squad members (keep the protection when spawning on the flags).
43. Add some notification when using the "Need backup" shout, like a flashing icon on the minimap.
44. Pistol customization.

Bugs to be fixed:
1. Fix bug where ammo and medic bags destroy walls (drop 4-5 medic or ammo bags at any wall and it will get destroyed),
2. Fix bug where AC-130 gets destroyed after colliding with MAV,
3. Fix in-game stats for pistols, rockets and some vehicles (they are not showing as on Battlelog (vehicles) or are not showing at all (pistols and rockets).
4. Hand not holding the gun when equipping AEK-971 with M320 and the sign does not collapse after the building does in Karkand and other B2K maps. [imageshack.us]
5. Vehicle load-out resetting bug and weapons camouflage resetting bug. (started happening after the latest Server patch)

Battlelog related:
1. Make Social Platoons (so that everyone can join not just those from the same platform),
2. Make Battlefield 4 a non Battlelog and Origin related game (in terms of starting the game), use Battlelog only as a social and stats gathering platform for users,
3. Some users have reported problems with their premium assignments not updating,
4. Update the Poll in the lower right corner of Battlelog more frequently,
5. In the news section make an option to see all the News in a list that were posted since day 1,
6. Fix the CO-OP dog tags,
7. In the awards section make an option when you click on the award that it zooms in so you can take a closer look at the award (this way its to small to see the award in detail, also the number that indicates how much time you got it is blocking the view,
8. Increase the friends limit to 150 or 200,
9. Option to cancel sent platoon invitations and sent friend requests.(For the person that sent the requests),
10. Classical preset on Battlelog (balance between Hardcore and Normal).
11. Option to search for Custom preset servers.

Map ideas:

-Every map needs to have an option to be a day or night map, that will surely make Battlefield 4 unique.

There should also be a map for every type of terrain (desert, snow, jungle, urban, swamp, mountain). And all of the maps need to be huge, I am talking huge like in BF2 and Battlefield Vietnam with rivers, jungles, bridges, villages, small towns.

The city maps need to be at least triple the size of Seine Crossing, with not just narrow streets but with squares and building that are totally open (all Floors and Rooms). Destruction of some high buildings also needs to be possible.

Also an option to control weather conditions on a map would be awesome (turning rain ON or Off, sand storms on desert maps, Strong wind, snow).

There should be at-least 1 huge Jungle map with bushes, swamps, rivers, small villages, hills, dirt roads.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Video from Phyrefli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1qFEcsAb7s [youtube.com]

-New document that contains community feedback that was gathered for BF4: http://www.phyrefli.com/Community_Feedback_for_Battlefield_4.zip [phyrefli.com]

-Phyrefli`s video: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrm9s1kSrg&feature=youtu.be [youtube.com]

GamerSpawn feedback for Battlefield 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIH0ZILUkCY [youtube.com]

This thread, contains all the important community feedback that was accumulated since the game was released and only servers for collecting feedback on how to improve the current or future games. Don`t get us wrong, this game is great but there are so many possibilities that if used could make this game from awesome to perfection. Do not post anything except feedback in this thread.
DICE Friend - Community helper - Feedback Gatherer
Alucard_The_Oni
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2012-12-13 22:18
Good luck with that, haven't seen any of the devs here ever.
And the sad truth is, they dont care.
http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?3880-The-True-Story-of-Battlefield-3-the-Battlefield-Franchise-Its-Community-amp-EA-DICE . . . . . . If you are considering buying BF4 go read it. It will make your decision much easier.
dremanu
CA Enlisted: 2011-11-14
2012-12-13 22:32
I bet they do care, but some of you people have unrealistic expectations about how fast issues can be addressed.
"The only barrier to human development, is ignorance, and this is not insurmountable." - Robert H. Goddard
theDokt0r
RS Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2012-12-13 23:27
@dremanu Well its been 6 months since Phyrefil created the list by collecting feedback and no words from developers since then, maybe they forgot about it, or maybe they are using the list to create a perfect Battlefield 4 that is PC primary orientated.
DICE Friend - Community helper - Feedback Gatherer
TovarishToNy
Enlisted: 2011-11-06
2012-12-14 14:20
Population of this game is getting low and aftermath hard to find conquest ones
Мы хотим грамотной озвучки русских в BF3! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391713438275/
EA_Chems
FR Enlisted: 2012-10-11
2012-12-14 14:34 , edited 2012-12-14 14:41 by EA_Chems
Hey there,

Although I am not a developer I felt it is important to let you guys know that we do care very much about what the community has to say about Battlefield 3. Simply put, you guys ARE Battlefield 3 and its success is solely dependent on you enjoying the game.

Therefore it is only in our best interest to try and make everyone happy – even though, as you can imagine, a project of this magnitude and ambition is extremely hard to handle and we can all be thankful for DICE’s hard work and exceptional results.

Thanks for taking the initiative to try and channel everyone’s feedback by creating this thread, theDokt0r, I’ll pass along these documents to DICE.
Forumfield - Home Sweet Home
dispenseri
FI Enlisted: 2012-04-25
2012-12-14 14:36
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
SumYoungGai
US Enlisted: 2012-02-15
2012-12-14 14:37
EA_Chems said:
Hey there,

Although I am not a developer I felt it was important to let you guys know that we do care very much about what the community has to say about Battlefield 3. Simply put, you guys ARE Battlefield 3 and its success is solely dependent on you enjoying the game.

Therefore it is only in our best interest to try and make everyone happy – even though, as you can imagine, a project of this magnitude and ambition is extremely hard to handle and we can all be thankful for DICE’s hard work and exceptional results.

Thanks for taking the initiative to try and channel everyone’s feedback by creating this thread, theDokt0r, I’ll pass along these documents to DICE.

Isn't that what everyone says? "I'll pass it on to the devs" or "I'll forward this to DICE"
From my experiences it's never happened because nothing has been done about any issue that's been "forwarded".
Until one of the DICE people come here and reply there's no hope.
EA_Chems
FR Enlisted: 2012-10-11
2012-12-14 14:38
Certainly not with this account because of the attention I will get from the EA tag, but I actually do play BF3, and very much enjoy it all the way (even though I'm not especially good at it).
Forumfield - Home Sweet Home
Pingus
MC Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-12-14 14:38
EA_Chems said:
I’ll pass along these documents to DICE.

One of your co-workers said you already gathered those documents ? Why would you do that again ?
187Aeroxic
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-12-14 14:40 , edited 2012-12-14 14:40 by 187Aeroxic
EA_Chems said:
Therefore it is only in our best interest to try and make everyone happy.

Then i have a question for 'ya, why is it, that whatever we say or do, you do the complete opposite? Even if what we say is right? Don't get me wrong, i do love this game but i am not going to hang around for long (And not in BF4) if the mods, devs and EA reps treat us liek money leaking dogs and not human players who actually pay for the game and all the add-ons that in turn lets you keep your job.

Look at it from a players perspective.. There is no love here, cant you see?
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ i'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
SumYoungGai
US Enlisted: 2012-02-15
2012-12-14 14:42
Aerox2k said:
EA_Chems said:
Therefore it is only in our best interest to try and make everyone happy.
Then i have a question for 'ya, why is it, that whatever we say or do, you do the complete opposite? Even if what we say is right? Don't get me wrong, i do love this game but i am not going to hang around for long (And not in BF4) if the mods, devs and EA reps treat us liek money leaking dogs and not human players who actually pay for the game and all the add-ons that in turn lets you keep your job.

Look at it from a players perspective.. There is no love here, cant you see?

I can agree w/ this - Nothing in our favor has happened.
There's no direct line to DICE or EA, besides support that can't do anything and moderators saying "oh i'll just pass it on"
What would DICE do if Bf4 was a flop like MOHWF was?
No one bought it.
We don't have to either.
Muha_Matti
FI Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2012-12-14 14:44 , edited 2012-12-14 14:49 by Muha_Matti
EA_Chems said:
Hey there,

Although I am not a developer I felt it was important to let you guys know that we do care very much about what the community has to say about Battlefield 3. Simply put, you guys ARE Battlefield 3 and its success is solely dependent on you enjoying the game.

Why is it then there's still glitches from Beta, that were found and known from the beginning? Why not fix simple glitches, like scope stuttering?
Actually the revive glitch, bad luck by falling / suddenly "tripping off" & flying to nearest wall and dying with bad luck have come back with the latest patches... so it's like DICE cares for a second, fixes the bug, but then comes to second thoughts and returns the bug to it's old state.

No... not feeling like DICE cares.

Also, what SumYoungGai (awesome nick btw.) said:

"What would DICE do if Bf4 was a flop like MOHWF was?
No one bought it.
We don't have to either."

This is spot on what I've been feeling for a long long time now.
Almost every single friend of mine has been disappointed by the game and they're not playing anymore. I myself have been come to conclusion not to buy BF4 when it comes out, same thing with the new MoH game; I was thinking about getting it for a while, but then saw what kind of crap it turned out.
If BF4 is becoming even close to what BF3 is atm. my wallet will tell his opinion about where DICE/EA are heading.
Silly, Halo came first. In fact, Halo invented FPSs. Doom's just a Halo rip-off like Final Fantasy 7.
TheHappyPinata
Enlisted: 2012-02-20
2012-12-14 14:47
Who wrote the PDF?
xANTHONY_DUPONTx
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2012-12-14 14:50
To be honest "Many of us" are unhappy with the game, but we play cause we love the series. I personally have high hopes that with an additional 2 years of dev time they are going to give us a proper PC client and server side hit detection. The ALPHA had both, but as many know or do not know, they were pressed for time. This was probable from EA or may things didnt go smoothly and they had issues. So we got stuck with a console port.

I am going t owait for the details on BF4 if at the bare min its not a true PC client and doesnt have server side hit detection. I will not buy.
If you started playing BF with BC (frostbite engine) then you're a frosty and your opinion doesnt matter.
Kepano_808HI
2012-12-14 14:51
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
The Tree of Liberty Needs to be Fed From the Blood of Tyrants from Time to Time.....Molon Labe...You don't like it, then leave my country
187Aeroxic
NO Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2012-12-14 14:54
I pre-ordered MOHWF but i didn't get it out the shop, i looked at footage of it and articles and i was not impressed. Not by a long shot.. The prev game was good, not perfect, but good.
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ i'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Death1099
US Enlisted: 2011-12-25
2012-12-14 14:58
Do we need to mention the Desert mod crew made a good bf2 game. Oh wait they got fired after the game was done. Good luck on getting a good BF game.
Show me the Blue light. I need to relax. ERROR Could not join server (1) Thank you dice/ea. You make my life complete. Join CTE to nerf everything. On it.
xANTHONY_DUPONTx
2012-12-14 15:09 , edited 2012-12-14 15:10 by xANTHONY_DUPONTx
KEPAN024_808HI said:
Lies lies and more lies.....EA is the company that fronted the money "so to speak" to help produce and distribute the game....Developer is all DICE.....Hearing from money hungry EA employees that are so sad because BO2's first 15 days produced over 1 billion in sales. While bf3 to date (a yr after release) has produced about 900 million...

Keep adding COD stuff to battlefield...it wont help you EA....people hate you...

DICE devs need to talk to the people.........TAKE A LESSON FROM CRYTEK AND CRYSIS 2 YOU MORONS.......No feedback from the dev alienates your fanbase..

This so true..... They are trying to beat COD by becomeing COD. Doing this made BF3 to dumb for the vets and to smart for the COD scrubs. Crytek also made the COD move and Crysis 2 was a pile of s%$$. People play diffrent games cause they like what they have to offer BF2 was bannanas. team play, sqaud, play commander. This is what the community wants. You want to add TDM for the COD derps? Fine i dont care... But leave the core game as is. As for Crytek they dumbed Crysis down from an epic inovated experience to so dumb that i didnt even bother to pirate it... Now look at Crysis 3, what are they doing? They are returning to their roots, power struggle is coming back.

THIS IS SAD!!! BE YOURSELF, THINK FOR YOURSELF. THIS IS DICE'S LAST CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT.
If you started playing BF with BC (frostbite engine) then you're a frosty and your opinion doesnt matter.
IndiaFPS
IN Enlisted: 2012-01-19
2012-12-14 15:19
EA_Chems said:
Hey there,

Although I am not a developer I felt it is important to let you guys know that we do care very much about what the community has to say about Battlefield 3. Simply put, you guys ARE Battlefield 3 and its success is solely dependent on you enjoying the game.

Really den wtf is dis thread >http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490078491693/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]
Haters gonna hate !

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.