Thread is locked.

Locked Squad / Get rid of please

Snowboarder365
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-10-05 03:45
Please don't allow for the option of locked squads. Played today and all these locked squads. Dumb. Limits who you can spawn off of.

How are we to work as a team when there can be a number of "little teams"?
TWK
68Keif
FJ Enlisted: 2012-10-25
2015-10-05 03:50
I play in locked squads because of all the lone wolfing. One squad member at A. One at E on a rooftop doing nothing. I like to be able to spawn on my friends that are actually trying to win and help them.
firechickenfan
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-10-05 03:55
I dont want some smurf squad hopping to my spawn beacon, sitting there blasting away with an lmg at the birds flying around.
Nope if im squad leader and especially if im playing with squadmates squad gets locked with a quickness.

Sorry.
VBALL_MVP
VA Enlisted: 2011-11-04
2015-10-05 05:00
Snowboarder365 said:
Please don't allow for the option of locked squads. Played today and all these locked squads. Dumb. Limits who you can spawn off of.

How are we to work as a team when there can be a number of "little teams"?
Some people want only certain people in their squad. I don't see what's wrong with it.
UberNerD20
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2015-10-05 05:35
I disagree VBall, I think locked squads are stupid. Keep them open and kick the Randy if they suck.
I_LEFT_CAPS_0N
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-10-05 05:36
VBALL_MVP said:
Some people want only certain people in their squad. I don't see what's wrong with it.
"I hate fun." - Competitive Battlefield players. Intelligence is being able to spot a spelling or grammatical error. Wisdom is knowing that everyone makes mistakes and doesn't make a big deal about it.
Griffin-745
PL Enlisted: 2014-04-20
2015-10-05 06:57
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

I will add that a locked squad should always be the players choice. It gets annoying.when I am playing and because someone joins on me via battlelog I get pulled out of my squad and the new one gets locked up.
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-10-05 07:46
Griffin-745 said:
It gets annoying.when I am playing and because someone joins on me via battlelog I get pulled out of my squad and the new one gets locked up.
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
VBALL_MVP
2015-10-05 12:12 , edited 2015-10-05 12:13 by VBALL_MVP
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:
I will add that a locked squad should always be the players choice. It gets annoying.when I am playing and because someone joins on me via battlelog I get pulled out of my squad and the new one gets locked up.
There is an option to prevent this.

UberNerD20 said:
I disagree VBall, I think locked squads are stupid. Keep them open and kick the Randy if they suck.
Understood but some people don't want randoms. I don't see the issue, is it rude...could be, but do you let total strangers come and sit with you at the restaurant?
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-10-05 12:16
VBALL_MVP said:
but do you let total strangers come and sit with you at the restaurant?

I don't play battlefield to fill my stomach.
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
TheButtCarcass
JP Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2015-10-05 12:35 , edited 2015-10-05 12:38 by TheButtCarcass
as long as we can ban particular players from our squid, i'm fine with removing the lock

randies just pop right back in instantly
SHUT UP! We're talking about Quax, mother ducker. ಠ_ಠ
Vladimir_Putin16
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-09
2015-10-05 12:38
Keif68 said:
I play in locked squads because of all the lone wolfing. One squad member at A. One at E on a rooftop doing nothing. I like to be able to spawn on my friends that are actually trying to win and help them.
LutzEgner
DE Enlisted: 2015-03-11
2015-10-05 13:01 , edited 2015-10-05 13:03 by LutzEgner
You know you'll be in a world of pain when you join a rush match, 4 of 5 squads are locked with 2 guys only inside while the only remaining open squad has a lone sniper in it.

People are too stupid or dont care that this mostly costs them a win. Also harder/no access to squad perks. Not that most of the baddies even know about them.

Just as funny as the level 12 random gunner spawning in my tank spamming the 'get out!' Message.
bakenjuice
US Enlisted: 2012-04-27
2015-10-05 13:30
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

In the

Options > Gameplay > Squad With Joining Friend > No

Its stupidly set Yes as default.

Locking the squad is great. No one wants to play with a lone wolf sniper nor someone with an unsilence gun with an itchy trigger finger when the squad are all Ninjas on the flank.
This signature is beneath my penmanship.
UberNerD20
US Enlisted: 2011-11-01
2015-10-05 14:03
VBALL_MVP said:
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

UberNerD20 said:
Understood but some people don't want randoms. I don't see the issue, is it rude...could be, but do you let total strangers come and sit with you at the restaurant?
Sometimes, when I sit at the bar.
VBALL_MVP
2015-10-05 15:43
UberNerD20 said:
VBALL_MVP said:
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

UberNerD20 said:
Only if she is cute
Griffin-745
PL Enlisted: 2014-04-20
2015-10-05 16:01 , edited 2015-10-05 16:02 by Griffin-745
bakenjuice said:
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:
In the

Options > Gameplay > Squad With Joining Friend > No

Its stupidly set Yes as default.

Locking the squad is great. No one wants to play with a lone wolf sniper nor someone with an unsilence gun with an itchy trigger finger when the squad are all Ninjas on the flank.

Omg, thank you.

So if I set it at 'no' then they just join the existing squad?
Pro4TLZZ
GB Enlisted: 2012-12-22
2015-10-05 16:09
Yeah! It is really annoying in rush when you have no squad. I just leave the game then.
TheButtCarcass
JP Enlisted: 2011-10-31
2015-10-05 16:38
UberNerD20 said:
VBALL_MVP said:
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

UberNerD20 said:

Sometimes, that's why I get a table instead.
SHUT UP! We're talking about Quax, mother ducker. ಠ_ಠ
68Keif
FJ Enlisted: 2012-10-25
2015-10-06 04:55
TheButtCarcass said:
UberNerD20 said:
VBALL_MVP said:
Griffin-745 said:
Dillon-is-taken said:
VBALL_MVP said:

UberNerD20 said:
Sometimes, that's why I get a table instead.
Away from Griff and I ;-)

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.