Thread is locked.

Why are chopper pilots so entitled?

Magic_Pepee228
LT Enlisted: 2013-03-25
2015-10-04 16:17
A_warped_mind said:
Not sure why the not so good players should have to respect other players.

you should always respect others, it doesn't matter if they are good at the game or not. it seems to me now that you may be autistic
BogMogg
GB Enlisted: 2012-12-09
2015-10-04 16:17 , edited 2015-10-04 16:20 by BogMogg
Captain_Kipling said:
Why does DICE always cater to the entitled infantry players?

I can't fly. Nerf air vehicles.
I can't think where I go. Nerf shotguns and motors.
I can't plan. Nerf rooftops.
I can't understand roles. Nerf Assault.
I want to be on the same level as experienced players. Thanks for the ultra-strong aim assist and suppression!

This guy has a point. The beauty of this game is that every player can play their part.
A_warped_mind
Enlisted: 2014-04-29
2015-10-04 16:22
SirPepeLePew said:
A_warped_mind said:
Not sure why the not so good players should have to respect other players.
you should always respect others, it doesn't matter if they are good at the game or not. it seems to me now that you may be autistic

And why should i have to respect or admire other players (the better ones) and why would assume i'm autistic and have some kind of disorder.
Explain why the need to insult me.when i haven't insulted you in any way
BogMogg
2015-10-04 16:25
Respecting better players shows how much of a team player you are or aren't. Allowing better players to make better use of important vehicles is paramount to victory.
WHISPonPCin240P
US Enlisted: 2013-12-26
2015-10-04 16:31
BogMogg said:
Respecting better players shows how much of a team player you are or aren't. Allowing better players to make better use of important vehicles is paramount to victory.
A_warped_mind
2015-10-04 16:31 , edited 2015-10-04 16:37 by A_warped_mind
BogMogg said:
Respecting better players shows how much of a team player you are or aren't.Allowing better players to make better use of important vehicles is paramount to victory.

lol no it doesn't on your first line.

As for the second part then how are the not so good players going to get good in vehicles if they do not try and learn them (please do not say test range that's a pointless place that does not recreate any kind of P v P battles) some of those not so good players might turn out to be good (but we'll never know if they cannot use the vehicles)

i'm just curious to know in the world of make believe video games WHY i should look upto or respect some one who has better numbers.

now in the real world if i get beat in a 64 km enduro race then i'll respect the person that beats me and wins. but in the make believe world of video games really!

PS: as the thread started off then

Why are players with high numbers so entitled or think they are entitled no one is entitled in a video game.
BogMogg
2015-10-04 16:38
At work I respect people who are better at the job than me. I have something to learn and you should never stop learning. Unless you're arrogant and that will not get you far in life or gaming.

Noobs driving or flying in vehicles they can't use on a close fought match will make the team lose. If you're learning then please, wait until your team has a big ticket lead and then practice your skills in the vehicles. Dont make us lose by being selfish. Always think about the win and the team
A_warped_mind
2015-10-04 16:45 , edited 2015-10-04 16:49 by A_warped_mind
BogMogg said:
At work I respect people who are better at the job than me. I have something to learn and you should never stop learning. Unless you're arrogant and that will not get you far in life or gaming.

Noobs driving or flying in vehicles they can't use on a close fought match will make the team lose. If you're learning then please, wait until your team has a big ticket lead and then practice your skills in the vehicles. Dont make us lose by being selfish. Always think about the win and the team

i'll give you the vehicle side of this then (but it's not always possible to get in a vehicle no matter what) and anyway how did the good players start out (like everyone else with 0 experience)

Yes in real life i respect people who are better than me in the sport i do and previously in the jobs i have done (people have respected me when i owned my own businesses and in the sport i have competed in)

but when it comes to the world of make believe video games a form of entertainment then sorry no i don't get why people should have to look upto others over how they play, are people so insecure they need to have others looking upto them and praise them.

PS: @Lepew you still haven't explained why you felt the need to insult me when i hadn't even made any comments towards you.
swfc4eva1
Enlisted: 2011-11-05
2015-10-04 16:54
Just get good with rpg/smaw problem solved!
Tweety_G33
Enlisted: 2015-07-21
2015-10-04 18:37
Are we forgetting about MAA? That'll end a killstreak real quick.
Trokey66
GB Enlisted: 2011-11-20
2015-10-04 19:44
A_warped_mind said:
BogMogg said:

i'll give you the vehicle side of this then (but it's not always possible to get in a vehicle no matter what) and anyway how did the good players start out (like everyone else with 0 experience)

Yes in real life i respect people who are better than me in the sport i do and previously in the jobs i have done (people have respected me when i owned my own businesses and in the sport i have competed in)

but when it comes to the world of make believe video games a form of entertainment then sorry no i don't get why people should have to look upto others over how they play, are people so insecure they need to have others looking upto them and praise them.

PS: @Lepew you still haven't explained why you felt the need to insult me when i hadn't even made any comments towards you.
And to think, they wonder why I call them pretend pilots!

I respect the pilot that safely lands a fully armed Tornado F3 after a tyres tread shredded on take off.

I respect the Chinnor pilot who safely extracted several seriously injured troops whilst his cab took 37 individual hits one of which hit his head.

But the kid in his bedroom that goes 52-0 in a littlebird? Nah, I'll try my best to SMAW the git and t bag the feck out of him.
HUZZAH! English, ever reliable and damned tasty - Bang On!
Rotank
Enlisted: 2015-07-20
2015-10-04 20:11 , edited 2015-10-04 20:21 by Rotank
Trokey66 said:
A_warped_mind said:
BogMogg said:

And to think, they wonder why I call them pretend pilots!

I respect the pilot that safely lands a fully armed Tornado F3 after a tyres tread shredded on take off.

I respect the Chinnor pilot who safely extracted several seriously injured troops whilst his cab took 37 individual hits one of which hit his head.

But the kid in his bedroom that goes 52-0 in a littlebird? Nah, I'll try my best to SMAW the git and t bag the feck out of him.

You seem to have a serious complex against pilots in this game, especially considering you hardly have any time in said aspect of the game.

Calling fellow gamers on a videogame message board "pretend" regarding an obviously shared hobby makes you look like a hypocritical ass.
Trokey66
2015-10-04 20:29
How am I being hypocritical?

From the early days of BF3 forums, I have found that a lot of players that fly fell that they are better than everyone else, your post is s prime example of the 'you don't fly' attitude.

Most players, including those that I play with on the Hangout are better than me but they aren't arrogant about it and are a good laugh. Then there are the pretend pilots.....

Yes there are exceptions to the rule and I have played with many that fly very well but aren't arrogant bellsniff.

So by maintaining that consistency, I fail to see how I am being hypocritical.
LutzEgner
DE Enlisted: 2015-03-11
2015-10-04 20:37 , edited 2015-10-04 20:38 by LutzEgner
No one who has ever sat in a chopper and wants to stay alive for a bit ever said they like lockonspam. The constant beeping is so annoying. If you would fly yourself yo would understand.

I agree however that there are many annoying people who do nothing but fly who feel entitled. I like to fly helis too, yet I dont call myself a pilot but a battlefield player. One trick ponies are the worst.
Vladimir_Putin16
AU Enlisted: 2013-10-09
2015-10-04 20:40
Really? another one of these threads?

But your right scout heli's are easy and you should post some battle reports OP to show everyone how easy the are to get kills in.
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-10-04 20:45
Trokey66 said:
Most players, including those that I play with on the Hangout are better than me but they aren't arrogant about it and are a good laugh.
I'm gonna take that as a compliment :-)
Trokey66 said:
Yes there are exceptions to the rule.
Dammit :-(
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
Trokey66
2015-10-04 20:47
John_Spartan5715 said:
Trokey66 said:
Most players, including those that I play with on the Hangout are better than me but they aren't arrogant about it and are a good laugh.
I'm gonna take that as a compliment :-)
Trokey66 said:
Yes there are exceptions to the rule.
Dammit :-(
You were right first time ;)
Turban_Legend80
GB Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2015-10-04 20:51
See you at the flourists <3
The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never.
Trokey66
2015-10-04 21:05
Champion!
creamycowboy
US Enlisted: 2013-10-04
2015-10-04 21:30 , edited 2015-10-04 21:30 by creamycowboy
Haven't posted or played here in awhile so here goes!

Choppers are so much easier to fly in this game compared to previous titles ( I've only played BF3 and maybe one other ). There seemed to be a little steeper learning curve in BF3. I immediately noticed the difference hopping in the little bird on this game and felt that it was super easy to control / hover etc.

With that said, it does take some planning and experience with flying and the maps to be a good pilot. Knowing where things are happening, knowing where AA stuff is, other birds, cover / concealment makes a huge difference. Going balls out thinking you can take on the whole map by yourself is an easy way to get yourself shot down.

I've played in games where the same people get in the choppers all the time, whether they are good or not .. i've been kicked out of clan servers because I've gotten into them and they wanted it etc. It's just the way people are. I don't feel entitled to have anything just because I've had good games with whatever vehicle. Everyone has paid their money for the game, I'm not going to horde it.

Use stingers or whatever you feel is necessary to take whatever it is out of the sky that's causing trouble. I do ..

I don't feel like one vehicle / air vehicle can control the whole game. Perfect example is my report ... nothing like some folks have done but 37-0 in the little bird and still lost. ( don't consider myself the best pilot or anything )

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/64/500460863581668672/201513790/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Now when you have a whole squad who are in multiple vehicles wrecking things .. yea it's a little different. But I don't consider one person in a little bird or whatever keeping the score lopsided. I won't say that it doesn't happen but it's probably rare.

Personally it's a lot more gratifying when someone is doing well in a vehicle. It just makes it a fun challenge to end their streak in the funnest way possible.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.