Thread is locked.

!!!FIX!!!: Lag / Rubberbanding / Microstutters

XGibbousX
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 05:49 , edited 2013-11-02 03:03 by XGibbousX
I had the most annoying lag / rubberbanding / microstutters like so many people here. Literally, every one second the game would do this odd twitch / pause for a few milliseconds (just like mild network lag). I tried everything and nothing worked. Turns out the solution was insanely simple.

Turn off Windows core parking! This will work for Intel and AMD CPUs!

Here's what you do (Many thanks to Criskoe for unveiling this wonderful and effective fix!):

1. Open regedit.exe
2. Go to Edit >> Find
3. Select "Look At" -> Keys (deselect Values and Data for faster search)
4. Search for 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583
5. Change ValueMax from 64 to 0.
6. Shut down your computer and do a cold start

This will allow you to finally enjoy the game until they fix this issue. Try it and let me know if it helps.
Kill3rK3vin
US Enlisted: 2012-04-11
2013-10-30 05:55
Thax 4 posting.....I will try it , if no fix comes out soon
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 05:56
Yeah man, I really couldn't believe it but I just played for about 2 minutes without ANY lag and had to come back to the forums to tell everyone. It's fricken amazing now! I can't wait to see if this helps other people.
Arkveveen
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-10-30 05:56 , edited 2013-10-30 06:05 by Arkveveen
Um, I don't have hyperthreading. I looked up if AMD Phenom II 1035T six core processors have hyperthreading, and they do not, it's single threaded. I still get the most uneven performance I've ever seen in my life in this game alongside my ATI Radeon 7850 HD graphics card. Some maps are insanely smooth and perfect performance, while some others run horribly with micro stuttering. I have no clue why it auto sets the graphics settings to High for everything just like for Battlefield 3...

The problem is with the view distance being way too high and the player models, animations, and physics lagging everything up. The game runs at like 60 or 75 frames when I look away from large groups of players or enter a mostly empty server. I am getting sick of these games doing this... what's the point of advertising a game having huge battles when the performance is ruined by said huge battles?

I did confirm that setting it to the lowest settings makes the performance perfect and smooth, but it's ugly and I can't stand to look at it... it looks like a game from like 2002 or something. I can have it at 1440 by 900 resolution, but it will still look like crap. The performance even starts taking a hit at Medium settings, which makes me very worried that my PC might not be good enough anymore... and I just upgraded it very recently! I can't afford any more upgrades!
Lord_Faquaad
Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-10-30 05:58
Actually a friend of mine has the i7 3770 and he said it was much better for him with Hyper on so....
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 06:00
Arkveveen said:
Um, I don't have hyperthreading. I looked up if AMD Phenom II 1035T six core processors have hyperthreading, and they do not, it's single threaded. I still get the most uneven performance I've ever seen in my life in this game alongside my ATI Radeon 7850 HD graphics card. Some maps are insanely smooth and perfect performance, while some others run horribly with micro stuttering. I have no clue why it auto sets the graphics settings to High for everything just like for Battlefield 3... and even if I lower settings, the performance never gets better. If I run the game in x86 mode, the performance is perfect, but it looks horrible as it stays permanently locked to low settings at my current resolution (1440 by 900).

The problem is with the view distance being way too high and the player models, animations, and physics lagging everything up. The game runs at like 60 or 75 frames when I look away from large groups of players or enter a mostly empty server. I am getting sick of these games doing this... what's the point of advertising a game having huge battles when the performance is ruined by said huge battles?

Interesting. I should note that you need an Intel (e.g. Core i7) in order to disable the hyperthreading. The microstutters I was getting were very specific. Everything ran great (75-80 FPS) except the game would micropause every second. It's almost unnoticeable to the eye but you can totally feel it.
Scrubuffleupagus
2013-10-30 06:03
Army_Of_One67 said:
Actually a friend of mine has the i7 3770 and he said it was much better for him with Hyper on so....

Correct, Hyperthreading off is a big no no for BF4.
i7 4930K@4.5Ghz | Rampage IV Formula | BenQ XL2420Z | 2x Vapor-X 7970Ghz | 16GB G.Skill 2133Mhz | Samsung 840 EVO 750GB | SoundBlaster Z | SilverStone SST-ST1200-G | Noctua-D14 | CoolerMaster Haf X | http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2183838
iLanTP
CA Enlisted: 2013-10-01
2013-10-30 06:03
Arkveveen said:
Um, I don't have hyperthreading. I looked up if AMD Phenom II 1035T six core processors have hyperthreading, and they do not, it's single threaded. I still get the most uneven performance I've ever seen in my life in this game alongside my ATI Radeon 7850 HD graphics card. Some maps are insanely smooth and perfect performance, while some others run horribly with micro stuttering. I have no clue why it auto sets the graphics settings to High for everything just like for Battlefield 3... and even if I lower settings, the performance never gets better. If I run the game in x86 mode, the performance is perfect, but it looks horrible as it stays permanently locked to low settings at my current resolution (1440 by 900).

It seems 64 bit users are getting screwed over these days. Because for some reason is does run perfect in x86 mode, but even on the lowest settings it runs terribly on 64 bit mode.

AMD processors use CU's (computing units). Instead of disabling hyperthreading try setting your BIOS to use 1 core per CU, it was a fix for the 6300 and 6350 during the beta to remove the stutter.

This game is also very heavily reliant on a CPU, and the AMD Phenom II 1035T is a mid range processor at best. You should not be expecting wonders from it.
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 06:05
Basically, you have NOTHING to lose by simply disabling hyperthreading temporarily to see if it works. If you like playing a smooth and amazing BF4 with hyperthreading turned off, then great. If it doesn't work for you (or you find it to be a big no no), then just turn it back on.
Arkveveen
2013-10-30 06:06 , edited 2013-10-30 06:08 by Arkveveen
iLanTP said:
Arkveveen said:

It seems 64 bit users are getting screwed over these days. Because for some reason is does run perfect in x86 mode, but even on the lowest settings it runs terribly on 64 bit mode.
AMD processors use CU's (computing units). Instead of disabling hyperthreading try setting your BIOS to use 1 core per CU, it was a fix for the 6300 and 6350 during the beta to remove the stutter.

This game is also very heavily reliant on a CPU, and the AMD Phenom II 1035T is a mid range processor at best. You should not be expecting wonders from it.

Then why is it auto setting everything to high? I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out which setting is hurting my performance, Otherwise, I can't afford to upgrade and the people I live with won't allow me to upgrade my processor. They are worried I will break my computer or screw something up installing a processor. Yeah, like that stopped me from installing a new power source unit and 2 different graphics cards.
iLanTP
CA Enlisted: 2013-10-01
2013-10-30 06:08
Arkveveen said:
iLanTP said:
Arkveveen said:

Then why is it auto setting everything to high? I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out which setting is hurting my performance, Otherwise, I can't afford to upgrade and the people I live with won't allow me to upgrade my processor.

It auto sets everyone to high. Even my friend with a GT 640 and a Intel Core Duo.
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 06:08
These CPU fixes are just temporary until they patch BF4. I had ZERO performance decrease with hyperthreading turned off just so you know. Game is silky smooth now (no lag/stutter) running at 75 - 80 FPS.
Arkveveen
2013-10-30 06:10
iLanTP said:
Arkveveen said:
iLanTP said:
Arkveveen said:

Then why is it auto setting everything to high? I don't want to spend hours trying to figure out which setting is hurting my performance, Otherwise, I can't afford to upgrade and the people I live with won't allow me to upgrade my processor.
It auto sets everyone to high. Even my friend with a GT 640 and a Intel Core Duo.

That is the dumbest auto detect I've ever heard in my life... what is the god damn point of it?

Also, why is my processor THE reccomended CPU for this game? Reccomended specs MEAN good performance, it wouldn't be called reccomended otherwise. My graphics card is the only thing that doesn't meet the reccomended requirements for this game. It's off by like 20 (7850 VS the reccomended 7870)

Also, enough with this CPU intensive crap. Just UTILIZE my graphics card, god damn it! I can't afford to upgrade, I want this game to look nice and play nice! I am lucky enough to even HAVE a nice PC like this one as it is!
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 06:15 , edited 2013-10-30 06:16 by XGibbousX
At Arkveveen:

Please do something for me:

Go to your BF4 options and simply turn Textures down to Medium, Lighting down to Medium, and Post Processing down to Medium. Leave everything else at Ultra. You will see a HUGE performance increase. I spent at least 10 minutes figuring out that these settings were killing my performance.

Honestly, you won't even notice the difference. Graphics look amazing at these settings and performance is superb.
trsalvador2
TR Enlisted: 2012-10-21
2013-10-30 06:17
reserved. I will test
Brownie-UK7
AT Enlisted: 2011-10-29
2013-10-30 06:21
I can confirm this worked for me too. I had huge fps drops In single and multiplayer. I turned off hyper threading and reverted drivers back to pre battlefield drivers and it plays silky smooth in ultra 64 man servers

Hope this works for others too. I now actually get better fps than in bf3 with identical rig so they obviously have some improvements in there for cpu usage. Thanks for posting!
DimaSmi
Enlisted: 2011-12-19
2013-10-30 06:23 , edited 2013-10-30 06:23 by DimaSmi
Nope. HT on or off does not matter here. Horrible fps drops in sp and horrible rubberbanding in mp. Though why would HT affect rubberbanding? It's a network problem, otherwise you'd experience in the sp too.
XGibbousX
2013-10-30 06:28 , edited 2013-10-30 06:29 by XGibbousX
DimaSmi said:
Nope. HT on or off does not matter here. Horrible fps drops in sp and horrible rubberbanding in mp. Though why would HT affect rubberbanding? It's a network problem, otherwise you'd experience in the sp too.

This fix is for a very specific problem with Core i7 processors. It won't work for everyone just those with this exact issue (which must be a ton of people). A lot of people are getting this "lag" in single player. It just seems like network lag but it's actually your CPU. I have no idea why this is but it's worth a shot to try. It'll fix a lot of peoples' problems and not fix many others'.

Also, make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers if that's the video card you're using. That should help with the FPS issues.
Arkveveen
2013-10-30 06:30
XGibbousX said:
At Arkveveen:

Please do something for me:

Go to your BF4 options and simply turn Textures down to Medium, Lighting down to Medium, and Post Processing down to Medium. Leave everything else at Ultra. You will see a HUGE performance increase. I spent at least 10 minutes figuring out that these settings were killing my performance.

Honestly, you won't even notice the difference. Graphics look amazing at these settings and performance is superb.

I am not sure if it helps... for one thing, Conquest Classics matchmaking kept putting me on that forest area map that runs very well anyway even on High settings for everything... I am really confused now. I thought post processing and textures are GPU intensive features, and I know my GPU is a good one. SO what is going on?
SryForWinning
AU Enlisted: 2013-04-29
2013-10-30 06:31
It won't; fix fps issues

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.