Thread is locked.

Best Audio Setting (Speaker Type)

iknowyounaut
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2015-01-11 05:04
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-TV (highly doubt the best)
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
STREETLOVESTREET
US Enlisted: 2012-05-17
2015-01-11 05:18
war tape its good for using any headphones such as astro a-40, a50 and afterglow .for some reason i like the after glow more than astros why some reason it has better grip on the ears and footsteps its off the chain and cheaper lol... anyway war tapes makes the rounds more louder on your headphones than the other setting .but it's your call i choose war tape and i lower the volume down and its still louder.
PUMP YOUR BREAKS PLAYER.
Top_Notch_Zone
US Enlisted: 2012-02-04
2015-01-11 05:34
I love war tapes as it allows you to hear a lot of the more subtle things such as foot steps and voices a lot easier. Plus, it makes everything sound cooler.
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thy c4 and 12gauge shall comfort me.
iknowyounaut
2015-01-11 15:04
Bump. Good morning most people!
"Not letting you win won't satisfy me, I'll teach you about loss." - Marilyn Manson
MogwaiWarrior
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2015-01-11 15:07
IMO Hi-Fi is the best for headphones. War Tapes used to be the best setting in BF, but it is horrible in BF4. Your own foot steps are too loud for one thing in War Tapes and things flying over head drown out important sounds going on around you.
We are Americans. We don't retreat, we reload. America, f**k yeah!
iknowyounaut
2015-01-11 15:21 , edited 2015-01-11 15:22 by iknowyounaut
I agree, I think wartapes suffered significantly because of this horrible rushed launched of BF4. Hopefully dice will take the time to reinvent it.
MogwaiWarrior said:
IMO Hi-Fi is the best for headphones. War Tapes used to be the best setting in BF, but it is horrible in BF4. Your own foot steps are too loud for one thing in War Tapes and things flying over head drown out important sounds going on around you.
Lordmang4
Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2015-01-11 15:30
iknowyounot88 said:
I wanna read your guys opinion on this. Which audio setting do you think is the best in sound quality, fidelity, and positioning? I have yet to decide which I prefer or what I think is best. So whatcha think?
-War Tapes
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones

According to the general consensus of BF4 players, DICE lost its ability to create amazing audio effects with the release of BF4.

I myself think that BF4's audio is nowhere near as spectacular as BC2 (whose audio effects were amazing).

Regarding BF4, war tapes is a shell of its former self.

Most agree that Hi-Fi and Headphones are the way to go if you want the most fidelity and dynamic range.
My list of pre-ordered games: SWBF, COD BO3 and Season Pass, The Division, Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition, BF5. Games I am currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, CODAW, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, BFHL, BF4
Mikex2112
2015-01-11 15:45
Lordmang4 said:
iknowyounot88 said:
-War Tapes
-Hi-Fi
-Home Cinema
-Headphones
According to the general consensus of BF4 players, DICE lost its ability to create amazing audio effects with the release of BF4.

I myself think that BF4's audio is nowhere near as spectacular as BC2 (whose audio effects were amazing).

Regarding BF4, war tapes is a shell of its former self.

Most agree that Hi-Fi and Headphones are the way to go if you want the most fidelity and dynamic range.

BF4 sounds are amazing with the right setup.

BFBC2's audio was highly exaggerated and had horrible sound positioning.
But then again Im a sound whore and bad audio I cant deal with !!
The bad thing with having a great audio setup is that If the source is recorded poorly,you will
easily hear it.
COD>Battlefield
Lordmang4
2015-01-11 15:47
I disagree as would most BF gamers.

BC2 had superior audio to BF4.
My list of pre-ordered games: SWBF, COD BO3 and Season Pass, The Division, Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition, BF5. Games I am currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, CODAW, Borderlands Handsome Collection, Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, BFHL, BF4
iknowyounaut
2015-01-11 16:03
Lordmang4 said:

Lordmang4 said:

When you put on war tapes on BC2 that was truly a master audio
No1StingerUserUK
GB Enlisted: 2012-11-24
2015-01-11 16:04
War Tapes
༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つSLAM YOUR JAM༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ | "This is the worst community on a forum I've ever seen." - SnD_Myth
Lordmang4
2015-01-11 16:05
iknowyounot88 said:
Lordmang4 said:

Lordmang4 said:

Exactly.

For those who claim otherwise, they must not have played BC2.

Otherwise, they would agree with us.
iknowyounaut
2015-01-11 17:35 , edited 2015-01-11 17:36 by iknowyounaut
Through all the setting war tapes was crisp & clear on BC2. The installments after sound crushed compromised quality for appeal torwards other audiences. Bf4 mostly did this
Lordmang4 said:
iknowyounot88 said:
Lordmang4 said:

Lordmang4 said:

Exactly.

For those who claim otherwise, they must not have played BC2.

Otherwise, they would agree with us.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.