Thank you for joining Battlefest
Here’s what’s coming next for Battlefield 1
Battlefest is over – and it’s been a thrill seeing you tackle community missions, fight for Dog Tags, and chase down DICE developers on the #FridayNightBattlefield servers. You’ve earned tons of XP, cracked open Battlefest Battlepacks, and shown us the true meaning of PTFO.
Battlefest was a blast. But there’s much more around the corner.
Starting this week, you can try out a new Battlefield™ 1 Custom Game called Line of Sight – a take on Rush where Medic and Scout are the only classes available. With double bullet damage the Scouts are more lethal than ever and as a natural counter to this, Medics will need to make optimal use of their arsenal to balance out the teams.
In December, the new map Giant’s Shadow which will be coming to Battlefield 1 as part of a free* update. Here, you’ll take part in the Battle of the Selle in the cold autumn of 1918, where a massive crashed airship casts its shadow onto the battlefield.
Looking even further into the future, the first Battlefield 1 expansion They Shall Not Pass will arrive in March 2017.
For a two-week head start on They Shall Not Pass and three other expansion packs, consider getting a Battlefield 1 Premium Pass. Apart from the expansion packs, a Premium membership also comes with 14 Superior Battlepacks, priority in server queues, and more.
*BATTLEFIELD 1 ON APPLICABLE PLATFORM (SOLD SEPARATELY), ALL GAME UPDATES, INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT, AND (FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS) AN XBOX LIVE GOLD OR PLAYSTATION PLUS ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
Celebrate Battlefield in a new Battlefest
Ready to celebrate? Today, we’re kicking off another round of Battlefest – a celebration for the Battlefield community.
Between November 16 and November 27, Battlefield™ 1 players will be treated to a slew of events, giveaways, missions, and in-game activations. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players can also expect missions and XP events.
The focus for this Battlefest is on playing the objective – you know, that thing your squad mates sometimes forget to do. Themed around team play, there are several challenges and rewards you can only get this week.
There’s a ton of stuff happening during Battlefest, so make sure to jump into Battlefield 1 regularly to not miss out. Below we have listed the highlights of the 12-day long celebration.
Wednesday, November 16
- Battlefest Dog Tag: Login to Battlefield 1 between November 16 and November 27 and receive a special Battlefest Dog Tag (awarded on November 28).
- Battlefield 1 Battlefest Livestream: Tune in to twitch.tv/battlefield at 1PM – 3PM PT for a jam-packed stream with Battlefield 1 action, including Fog of War and Hardcore gameplay. There will be DICE developer interviews and giveaways.
- Custom Games: We’re adding Hardcore and Fog of War to the Custom Games menu. Make sure to try out these unique experiences.
- Battlefield Insider Dog Tag giveaway: All players who have signed up to Battlefield Insiders by this date will be automatically awarded with this Dog Tag next time you log in. (The Dog Tag will be entitled to the EA account associated with the email address used to sign up to become a Battlefield Insider.)
- “Best Community in the World” Dog Tag: This special Dog Tag will be handed out to players via our Game Changers.
Thursday, November 17
- PTFO Battlefest Mission: Complete this Battlefield 1 mission and you will receive the PTFO weapon skin. Play Battlefield 1 on three different days during Battlefest and win a match in Operations to succeed. Players who completed the mission will be awarded with the weapon skin when Battlefest is over.
- Road to Battlefield 1 Mission: This is for the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game to get the Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and the M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin in Battlefield 1*.
- Battlefest Battlepack Update: A new and Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks will be available.
Friday, November 18
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Want to melee a Battlefield 1 developer? We’ve prepped a ton of servers for this special #FridayNightBattlefield and an exclusive Friday Night Dog Tag will be handed out at this event.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 18.
Tueday, November 22
- Black Friday Sale: Get a great deal on Battlefield 1 and other EA games at your favorite online distributor.
Sunday, November 20
- Battlefest Community Videos: Learn to PTFO by some of the most renowned Battlefield community members.
Wednesday, November 23
- Veteran Dog Tag: This Battlefield 1 Dog Tag will be rewarded to all players who played Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, or Battlefield Hardline.
- CTE Veteran Dog Tag: This Dog Tag will be rewarded to players who have been part of the Community Test Environment on Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline.
Friday, November 25
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Another action-packed Friday Night where you get to play Battlefield 1 with the DICE devs.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 25.
*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. LIMIT ONE ROAD TO BATTLEFIELD 1 DOG TAG AND ONE BATTLEFIELD 1 INCARCERATOR WEAPON SKIN PER EA ACCOUNT. PARTICIPATION AND ACCESS TO IN-GAME CONTENT REQUIRES BATTLEFIELD 4 AND/OR BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE ON APPLICABLE PLATFORM, ORIGIN ACCOUNT, INTERNET CONNECTION, AND (FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS) AN XBOX LIVE GOLD OR SONY ENTERTAINMENT ACCOUNT. YOU MUST CONFIRM COMPLETION OF COMMUNITY MISSIONS ON THE BATTLELOG COMMUNITY MISSION PAGE BEFORE THE MISSION’S CLOSING DATE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE REWARDS.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY CREDITED, NO WEAPON, VEHICLE OR GEAR MANUFACTURER IS AFFILIATED WITH OR HAS SPONSORED OR ENDORSED THIS GAME.
LIMIT ONE BATTLEFEST DOG TAG, BATTLEFIELD INSIDER DOG TAG, VETERAN DOG TAG, AND CTE VETERAN DOG TAG PER EA ACCOUNT. ACCESS TO IN-GAME CONTENT AND PARTICIPATION IN PTFO BATTLEFEST MISSION REQUIRES BATTLEFIELD 1 FOR APPLICABLE PLATFORM (SOLD SEPARATELY) AND ALL GAME UPDATES, INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT, AND (FOR CONSOLE PLAYERS), AN XBOX LIVE GOLD OR PLAYSTATION™ PLUS ACCOUNT (SOLD SEPARATELY).
How we’ve Improved Battlefield 1 with the Fall Update
Today we are rolling out the Battlefield™ 1 Fall Update. Based on your feedback, this update is designed to make Battlefield 1 an even more fun, varied, stable, and balanced experience.
The Fall Update consists of many different fixes and tweaks to gameplay, user interface, graphics, audio, and more. For a full breakdown of all updates, please see this PDF file:
Among the things we are tweaking is the Operations game mode. Basically, we’re giving attackers a boost. To increase the effectiveness of the attacking team, we are increasing the overall tickets for both Operations & Grand Operations and we are also reducing the amount of time it takes for attackers to capture flags.
Eagerly awaited by elite Battlefield 1 players, the Hardcore Servers are also available with the Fall Update. Playing on a Hardcore server, you might not be assisted by a minimap, crosshair, or the ability to spot enemies depending on the server settings.
Furthermore, the Battlefield 1 Rent-a-Server Program makes its debut with the Fall Update. This will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations.
There are many other changes, big and small, that will make your time on the battlefield more enjoyable. A Squad XP Boost will be available in some Battlepacks, you will be able to buy Battlepacks in the “Get Battlepacks” menu, and you will be able to join Custom Games from the Multiplayer menu.
As mentioned, you’ll find many more fixes in the full update notes. We hope you will enjoy the improvements of Battlefield 1.
Introducing the Battlefield 1 Boot Camp
Whether Battlefield™ 1 is your first foray into war on an epic scale or you’re a seasoned veteran, there’s always room to get better. And that’s why we’re happy to introduce the Battlefield 1 Boot Camp, a series of video guides and walkthroughs made by some of the most well-known names in the community. There’s even a special Online Phantom Dog Tag you can get just for heading to the page and signing in with your EA account*.
Head to the page and you’ll find three big buttons at the top of the page – these represent guided tours based on your skill level. Click the button that matches your experience and you’ll find a suite of videos made just for you.
Below that section is a veritable smorgasbord of guide and walkthrough videos. There are dozens of videos to watch, from things as detailed as How to Bayonet Charge to topics are relatively simple as How to Rank Up Fast. There’s plenty to look through for players of any skill level.
If you need to get good, there’s definitely something for you to watch at the Battlefield 1 Boot Camp. Already good? Well, then it’s time to get great.
* Limit one per EA account. You will need to log into your Battlefield 1 game (on applicable platform) with the same EA Account in order to receive the dog tag in-game. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.
Welcome to Battlefield 1!
As Battlefield™ 1 is rolling out worldwide, I’m looking back on a journey that started with a daring pitch from the team here at DICE. Fast forward a few years, and it’s almost surreal to see you getting your hands on the final result, facing the dawn of all-out war with the rest of the community.
With Battlefield 1, we wanted to create a fresh new take on the franchise, keeping that classic and unmistakable flavor that is Battlefield intact. It was a gamble. We knew that.
But with such a unique game setting like the Great War, many unique gameplay options came with it. Judging from your reactions (not to mention how much fun we’ve had with the game ourselves) I dare say the gamble has paid off.
Nothing fills me more with joy than hearing your stories from the game – how you won that dog fight, found that weapon pickup, or turned that round of Conquest around at the last minute. I look forward to many more stories of that kind.
See you on the battlefield!