O tópico está bloqueado.

Does BF4 use less CPU resources than BF3?

Storm_Shield52
TT Inscrito: 2013-02-23
2015-04-07 16:04
I should mention when I played BF4 and got stuttering and bad FPS drops it was reminiscent of what you would experience from lack of VRAM

And also I had VSNC enabled perhaps that causes a little issue with this game?

Gosh this thing takes so long to download. How does origin game time work based on the time you bought the game? or based on the time you started playing the game? I have a 10MB/S DSL internet right now.
Achmed5858
Inscrito: 2013-12-17
2015-04-07 16:07
Storm_Shield52 said:
I should mention when I played BF4 and got stuttering and bad FPS drops it was reminiscent of what you would experience from lack of VRAM

Gosh this thing takes so long to download. How does origin game time work based on the time you bought the game? or based on the time you started playing the game? I have a 10MB/S DSL internet right now.

yep... like I said.

DX11 will cause you some problems in shanghai siege (CPU bottleneck) ... but you should be fine.
You can try DX11 - medium settings + HBAO + 2MSAA .. should not use more than 1GB VRAM.
lHELLGHOSTl
CA Inscrito: 2013-03-15
2015-04-07 16:11
Two words, Stack Build.. BF4 builds memory from stack which means it keeps allocating until it reaches the limit that your system allows for a single application, that's why most people have their client crash on exist because the memory dump is too much.. You can limit your memory usage for applications but that will cause some serious instability if you don't know what you are doing.
Aditrex
Inscrito: 2014-03-23
2015-04-07 17:01
Storm_Shield52 said:

like i said you can monitoring your gpu vram usage when mantle enebled you will ses at some point when your vram is maxed out and that leads to stuttering you will may get with smooth gamaplay 1match or 2 without stuttering after that i garantie you the stuttering will show up... keep settings on low for best posible performance you will need that and trust me game looks fine even on low set mash quality to high or ultra for better spoting enemy and set aa to FXAA high dont use any aa i asum is just overkill for your gpu 2bad you dont have 2gb version of hd 7850

PS there is no memory leak on mantle it just need more resources with DX12 to come this problem will be solved for sure good luck
Storm_Shield52
TT Inscrito: 2013-02-23
2015-04-07 17:21 , editado 2015-04-07 17:37 por Storm_Shield52
^ hey yeah I know about the 2GB 7850. But I got the 1GB version for $45 new on a deal was reallly hard to pass up you know. lol I was kinda on a budget cause I live in the Caribbean so its money conversion and import tax in my country to clear the card etc.

I will monitor the VRAM

And you are right, I just checked BF4 on low on youtube and holy moly this game looks incredible on low settings wtf.

Holy shit goes to show just how advanced this game is?

its at 30% download completed so far. $17 for premium edition seemed like a good deal to me so I bought it.

I wanna buy a R9 280 3GB for Christmas though. That or a GTX 760 but I don't know if it would work with mantle, and I prefer mantle since its better for AMD CPU
DrunkenM0nkiE
AU Inscrito: 2011-12-14
2015-04-08 00:33
Save up get a good mobo and cpu as well.

O tópico está bloqueado.
O tópico está bloqueado.