BATTLEFIELD 4™ BATTLESTEAL CONTEST
This contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
ENTRANTS IN THIS COMPETITION MUST HAVE (1) ACCESS TO BATTLEFIELD 4 FOR THE PS4, PS3, XBOX ONE, XBOX 360 OR PC AND (2) A VALID ORIGIN ACCOUNT. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: BATTLEFIELD 4™ BATTLESTEAL CONTEST (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
- Timing: The Contest begins on APRIL 22, 2015 at 4PM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends on May 3, 2015 at 6:50AM GMT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
|Start Date/Time GMT
|End Date/Time GMT
|APRIL 22, 2015 at 4PM GMT
|APRIL 29, 2015 at 12:00AM GMT
|APRIL 30, 2015 at 12:00AM GMT
|MAY 3, 2015 at 6:50AM GMT
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
- How to Enter: During the Submission phase, visit HTTP://BATTLELOG.BATTLEFIELD.COM/BF4/NEWS/ (the “Contest Site” or “Site”) and follow the directions to submit your “BATTLESTEAL” SCREENSHOT (collectively, the “Entry”) via email to BATTLEFIELDSOCIAL@EA.COM . By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
- Technical Requirements
- Entries must be submitted in .JPG OR .BMP, .GIF, .PNG file format following the Entry instructions above, sized no larger than 3MB and attached within your Entry. Be sure to include the words, “BATTLEFIELD 4 BATTLESTEAL CONTEST” in the email submission.
- Content Requirements
- Entries must (i) incorporate only Battlefield 4 gameplay screenshots (“Contest Assets”). Entries must pertain to the BATTLEFIELD 4 BATTLESTEAL THEME by portraying “thievery behavior” such as stealing a flag, hi-jacking a vehicle, or stealing a dog tag, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your BATTLESTEAL IMAGE. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Submission of previously published art (other than the Sponsor-provided Contest Assets) is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the entrant’s likeness, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
- By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
- Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Sponsor (as defined in Section 10 below) and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- By providing any Contest Assets for entrants’ use Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Competition Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets except as otherwise granted by Sponsor, and any use of the Competition Assets (including use of the Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line BATTLESTEAL CONTEST to BATTLEFIELDSOCIAL@EA.COM.
For Residents of Spain: the United States privacy laws apply to the collection, processing and transfer of personal information that may be required by this Contest. Yet, for the aspects of those activities that may fall under specific Spanish privacy law (including the Ley Orgánica 15/1999 de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal of December 13th, 1999), it is agreed that Electronic Arts Ltd, Via de los poblados, 3 edificio 3, 28033 Madrid, SPAIN (the ‘Data Controller”) is responsible for the filing system which collects and processes the participants’ personal information for purposes of administration of the Contest and prize fulfillment, in the terms set forth above. The collection and processing of personal information may be performed in areas such as the United States, which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union. The personal information may be transferred to the Sponsor and its subsidiaries (in Spain and other territories such as the United States, which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union) for purposes of supporting the Data Controller with the administration of the Contest. Personal Information may also be publicly distributed in all media, including, but not limited to, the Internet, in order for the Contest to be properly performed (this is applicable to territories such as the United States which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union). Any right related to privacy law that may be available to participants (including, but not limited to, right to access, correct , withdraw and object) should be brought before the Data Collector at the abovementioned direction.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
- Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select 25 entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the “Top Entry” or “Top Entries”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 30% ORIGINALITY OF LAYOUT AND DESIGN, 40% CREATIVITY and 30% APPROPRIATENESS TO TOPIC.
- In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for ORIGINALITY OF LAYOUT AND DESIGN, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than 25 Top Entries if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
- Notification: The potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about MAY 4, 2015. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
- Prizes: Each winner will receive one (1) digital copy of BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE videogame (except for Xbox 360 which will be physical copies) ON THE WINNERS PLATFORM OF CHOICE VALUED AT US$50/€47/65 AUD. THERE ARE 25 PRIZES IN TOTAL. TOTAL PRIZE POOL VALUE: US$1250/1177 EURO/1633 AUD. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. ONE PRIZE PER WINNING PERSON WILL BE AWARDED The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow two (2) weeks for shipment of prize/digital codes of prize(s) to be sent.
- General Terms:
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law, and, in Australia, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; (3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited ; and (4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
- EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
- Winners List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the end date of the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than AUGUST 4, 2015. For the Winners List, if you send an e-mail to BATTLEFIELDSOCIAL@EA.COM on or after MAY 4, 2015 we will provide you with a list of winners that received a prize. We will post the names of confirmed winners online after MAY 4, 2015 at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/. This list will remain posted until DECEMBER 25, 2015.
© 2015 Electronic Arts Inc.