We're currently experiencing infrastructure issues affecting game launch and statistics access. Networking teams are hard at work to help restore service to us all!

BF4 PS4 Corrupt Save

llll_VADER_llll
US Enlisted: 2011-12-13
2013-11-21 18:06
Same here. didn't play campaign on PS3 because it kept getting deleted and thought it would be fixed by the time PS4 launched.
Now I tried playing it on PS4 and still gets deleted.
Why did Dice go with EA? they only care about their money.
dBdeception
US Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-21 18:13
I started saving my to a USB stick along with the online... Just restore from the USB if it gets corrupt.
-dB
danops3
2013-11-22 02:20
Hey I'm getting pretty good at the first mission!!
graham_cracka15
US Enlisted: 2012-07-29
2013-11-22 02:25 , edited 2013-11-22 02:28 by graham_cracka15
Play the campaign offline and you won't have errors. If you need to save your progress upload your profile save data to your psn cloud storage when you quit the game, that way if it corrupts you can just replace it with your clean cloud save.

If you do corrupt/get stuck at the start screen go to system storage and delete profile save data from BF4 (19mb file)

Trust me this works I not only beat the campaign but I beat all three endings.

I think some of the corrupt saving is a bug with the battlelog integration since the campaign plays fine when you're offline.
funkybudda
Enlisted: 2013-11-17
2013-11-22 02:55
graham_cracka15 said:
Play the campaign offline and you won't have errors. If you need to save your progress upload your profile save data to your psn cloud storage when you quit the game, that way if it corrupts you can just replace it with your clean cloud save.

If you do corrupt/get stuck at the start screen go to system storage and delete profile save data from BF4 (19mb file)

I think some of the corrupt saving is a bug with the battlelog integration since the campaign plays fine when you're offline.

dont you have to be connected online in order for the game to run?
graham_cracka15
US Enlisted: 2012-07-29
2013-11-22 02:59 , edited 2013-11-22 03:04 by graham_cracka15
funkybudda said:
graham_cracka15 said:

dont you have to be connected online in order for the game to run?

Not the single player?

Go to settings>PSN>log out

I had one error while playing offline when I died at a certain point on the Tashgar mission. So I would recommend making a cloud save after every mission ends.
a7ime7raveller
CA Enlisted: 2012-01-26
2013-11-22 13:06 , edited 2013-11-22 15:51 by a7ime7raveller
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
MasterChiefRulZ
US Enlisted: 2011-12-05
2013-11-22 16:40
Lost campaign data too. VERY frustrating. Since Battlelog records progress for MP unlocks, is there *ANY* way we can get our data/progress back? Please EA/DICE? :(
revolix
Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2013-11-22 16:55
As soon as it corrupts or better yet if u crash. Go to settings application saved data. Delete. Find bf4 and delete the 19 mb profile save. The. Go to online data and download download the cloud backup. U need to do this as soon as u see the corruption or better yet the crash. Otherwise the cloud will save over the good file. Becareful to if u restart after a corruption when u spam x toget to the main page it may ask you to press x to overwrite. Don't do it
a7ime7raveller
2013-11-22 23:42
This post has been removed by the Battlelog administrators.
EA_Stiv
US Enlisted: 2013-10-24
2013-11-22 23:47
This campaign issue is something we are investigating, and hoping to resolve soon.

a7ime7raveller, I've gone ahead and removed your posts for excessive profanity, and issued a 24 hour suspension from the forums. That kind of language is a violation of our Forum Guidelines (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670116763508/). [battlelog.battlefield.com] I'd recommend reviewing those guidelines, to prevent further occurrences.

Disputes can be sent to: accountdisputes@ea.com

-Stiv
Holy_Hotcakes: You can be whatever Potato you want to be, Stiv. Just belieeeeeeve
a7ime7raveller
2013-11-24 02:16
EA_Stiv said:
This campaign issue is something we are investigating, and hoping to resolve soon.

a7ime7raveller, I've gone ahead and removed your posts for excessive profanity, and issued a 24 hour suspension from the forums. That kind of language is a violation of our Forum Guidelines (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670116763508/). [battlelog.battlefield.com] I'd recommend reviewing those guidelines, to prevent further occurrences.

Disputes can be sent to: accountdisputes@ea.com

-Stiv

I'm sorry for my profanity, I was extremely frustrated when I wrote that. It shows my campaign data and records here on Battlelog but failed to save on my PS4 console, does that mean my current progress is still salvageable? What will the upcoming patch be fixing specifically?
XxL1MiTL3s5_13xX
2013-11-25 22:57
Since this bug I haven't touched campaign, I've stopped playing entirely, actually because I was getting tired of the disconnects and one shot deaths, though I've heard the stability has improved, does this mean insta-deaths and disconnected won't occur as much or at all? Hope so, I was beyond disappointed with the launch of this game on both consoles.
The WOLF in sheep's clothing
elscorcho0
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-11-27 15:00
Has anyone tried the campaign after the patch? Are there still issues with save data getting corrupted or just the save data is completely missing?
LouisvilleXV
US Enlisted: 2011-10-24
2013-11-27 15:08
The patch didn't fix the issue. Lost my progress again late last night, several hours after patching.
EA_Stiv
US Enlisted: 2013-10-24
2013-11-27 15:09
Would just like to mention that I have seen many reports of players able to complete their campaign. They did, first, have to delete their local saved data if it was corrupted, but were then able to play through and complete it without issue.

Any reports that their save files are still being corrupted after clearing the previously corrupted data would be appreciated, so I can send it on for further investigation.

-Stiv
Holy_Hotcakes: You can be whatever Potato you want to be, Stiv. Just belieeeeeeve
LouisvilleXV
2013-11-27 15:12 , edited 2013-11-27 15:37 by LouisvilleXV
Stiv, that didn't seem to fix it for a couple of people here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1rjyii/psa_the_save_corrupt_glitch_in_battlefield_4_has/ [reddit.com]

More people reporting the issue here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1rjpzs/even_with_updates_in_bf4_ive_had_to_restart_my/ [reddit.com]
elscorcho0
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2013-11-27 16:17
Stiv, since it shows my progress in the Battlelog is there any way that it can be synced with the ps4? My save file was never corrupt, I played a few different times and then one day it crashed and when I started up the campaign again all progress was completely gone. I do not want to take the chance again that my progress will be lost. I'm sorry EA made you push out a game that clearly wasn't ready by its obvious to all of us that EA only cares about profits and not its customers. I am a long time fan of the BF franchisee and I am sad to see once again the launch being pushed by profits.
TreaPS4
Enlisted: 2013-11-26
2013-11-27 21:05
Hey EA_Stiv,

I was indeed able to finish my campaign since the patch and did all three endings last night. Then when i got online today, all of my campaign progress was gone and all of my MP unlocks are gone as well, most of which were gold medal unlocks. I am extremely upset about this. I just signed up for PS plus last night so I could start multiplayer and now I dont have my guns. I deleted the local saved profile and downloaded one from the cloud that was from about 1:30am last nigt right after i beat it, still my campaign is gone. It only gives me an option to start a new campaign not resume or replay, all the medals are gone however, i still have my trophies for beating it and still have the dog tags from the three endings which is wierd. Is there anyway this can be restored in my case? I DO NOT want to play the campaign again and I feel I have wasted my money at this point on a game with so many frustrating problems. Please let me know something.
LouisvilleXV
2013-11-30 19:00
Lost all of mine yet again, even after deleting my local save data, reinstalling, and downloading the new patch.