Thread is locked.

The C4/Breaching Charge Discussion

A_Cool_Gorilla
Enlisted: 2011-10-30
2014-12-13 00:03
-Lg-Cryp said:
I'm playing Blood Money, I'm and Enforcer with Ammo and C4 equipped. I walk up and place exactly 1 piece of C4 around the vault or a popular entrance and I do this for two reasons:

1. One piece is enough to kill infantry easy.
2. If I use them one by one that re-supply time wont be much of a hindrance.

I don't see an issue in this scenario. Placing C4 on the objective is a smart play.

I played a lot of Rush in Battlefield 3. If I have suspicions that the MCom has C4 on it, then I throw a grenade at it. If the C4 explodes, I wait for the player to come out of his hiding spot before arming it. It's fairly easy to counter this strategy.

In TDM (BF3), "C4 spam" occurs even less. I may die to C4 the first time I run into a building, but afterwards I know their plan and a simple grenade will counter this.

With the elevators in BF4, I can't think of any counter to those. If there's C4 at the door of the elevator, anyone inside will have no hope. GoGoGadget's idea of having Riot shields counter explosives would be a good solution to this.

-Lg-Cryp said:
Now onto why the Enforcer should gain the M320 FB/Smoke/Gas.
Who would really choose any of the other variants besides HE? I haven't seen them used in Pub play for BF4 in a long time(the last time was when the M320 FB was known to crash games). Adding this to a class where the selections are thin will encourage its use because in my opinion these are going to be such a waste on the Mechanic class he already has much better choices.

Having an infinite number of FB/Gas could definitely be helpful. I could see myself flashing every corner, or locking down hallways with the gas. I still think that the Flash/Smoke/Gas are all far too weak individually. If the player could cycle between those 3 then the gadget could be fairly powerful as a whole.
Sniper_God_Shino
Enlisted: 2014-05-16
2014-12-13 00:26
FarCry2112 said:
The_Violator_NZ said:
Great discussion. I would just like to add: Please limit C4 to only ONE class. I'll let you guys work out which class is best, but having 2 classes with C4 in BF4 was a disaster...
Agree completely!
Reach The Zenith
dirtydeathdog
US Enlisted: 2014-04-15
2014-12-13 00:28
Ballistic shields block explosives :)
DDD Twitter: @dirtydeathdog
Sniper_God_Shino
2014-12-13 00:29
dirtydeathdog said:

omg :D im soo happy right now
Reach The Zenith
GoGoGadgetLoL
AU Enlisted: 2012-03-11
2014-12-13 01:52
dirtydeathdog said:

Problem solved :)
syf-CryptiK
AU Enlisted: 2011-10-25
2014-12-13 06:22
GoGoGadgetLoL said:
dirtydeathdog said:
Problem solved :)
I don't see how this solves the problem at all. The spam will still occur and you will still be a victim unless you play a specefic class. That isn't a fix at all.
AGKryptex
US Enlisted: 2011-11-03
2014-12-13 06:52
This post has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.
If ya smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeleleleleleleleleleleleleleleleLAOOOOOO. *looks in every possible direction* What Y2J... Is Cookin'!
syf-CryptiK
2014-12-13 07:52
AGKryptex said:
What about adding two different resupply bags? One that's dedicated to resupplying ammo, the other dedicated to gadgets? Name it the Tool Kit and give it to the (makes sense to me) Mechanic, then give the M320 (Any chance of making it so Crims get the M203 instead, BTW? Makes more sense that they'd be using older tech that's more easily available through surplus) to the Enforcer.

Eliminate resupply rates for gadgets on the ammo bag and have no ammo resupply for the tool kit. As there are two separate bags on two separate classes, alot more teamwork and coordination is going to be required. I see this cutting down on explosive overuse and spam.

Now time for you guys to pick my 2€ apart.

this doesnt fix anything. You are now giving the Mechanic away to resupply his M320 all the time. This makes the problem worse.
AGKryptex
2014-12-13 13:54 , edited 2014-12-13 13:58 by AGKryptex
If ya smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeleleleleleleleleleleleleleleleLAOOOOOO. *looks in every possible direction* What Y2J... Is Cookin'!
MarkCVI
SE Enlisted: 2014-01-22
2014-12-13 15:17
AGKryptex said:
Actually, I said to give it to the Mechanic, then moving the M320 over to the Enforcer. :<

You could say that it's overloading the Enforcer with explosives, but I think a class named the Enforcer should probably have access to a wide range of offensive gadgets.

The mechanic has close range smgs and longer range explosives, while the enforcer has longer range weapons (battle rifles) and short range explosives. So it really balances out.
syf-CryptiK
2014-12-13 18:20
MarkCVI said:
AGKryptex said:
Actually, I said to give it to the Mechanic, then moving the M320 over to the Enforcer. :<

You could say that it's overloading the Enforcer with explosives, but I think a class named the Enforcer should probably have access to a wide range of offensive gadgets.
The mechanic has close range smgs and longer range explosives, while the enforcer has longer range weapons (battle rifles) and short range explosives. So it really balances out.

That logic doesn't apply when you have unlimited access to C4. It isn't balanced at all.
AGKryptex
2014-12-13 18:42
Sniper_God_Shino
2014-12-13 18:46
just increase the c4 resupply time to 2mins . problem solved
Reach The Zenith
syf-CryptiK
2014-12-13 19:06
Sammy_Heaux said:
just increase the c4 resupply time to 2mins . problem solved
This again wont solve the problem. Just use C4 one by one, not all at once and that supply time wont mean much.

@AKG the Mechanic is an Engi they are meant to be in the thick of it.
DoubleOrange123
Enlisted: 2013-10-31
2014-12-13 20:15
Here's a question, how much C4 does it cause to destroy a vehicle?
Support_By_Fire
US Enlisted: 2011-10-28
2014-12-14 16:07
The Mechanic should be the one with the C4. -Lg-Cryp is spot on with this. It would ensure teamwork and not be OP or used for spamming C4 but for tactical gameplay as you blow through walls or take out vehicles as a mechanic should. I'd take away the trap as that's just going to cause a headache for people. And once again he's spot on with the FB/smoke/gas. I'd even go as far as saying that those that use it should be rewarded with assist points if the enemy is affected by the FB/smoke/gas. That's the only true way of promoting the use of it. It's the same with using a ballistic shield or any gadget for that matter. They become useless to the majority of players because there's no real incentive to use them except for true team players which is hard to find.
Expect Only Death
SilentShadowfox
US Enlisted: 2011-10-26
2014-12-15 00:55
no no and no. The Support Player has always been the C4 and Ammo guy. Right now, the classes don't look promising. Shotguns and Battlerifles?
Really? no. that already is stupid. I get that hardline is a spin off. But Seriously? battle rifles and shotguns. Okay He is breaching. So he should get the c4 and Ammo. the main reason I have loved Support so much from Bf3 and bf4 is because I have Ammo. I don't have to run all over the map. I have an Ammo box and I can sit down with an Lmg and Cover the corridor. I can C4 a Bridge. i don't feel stuck and useless whenever I happen to run into any vehicles. boom c4.

Stop trying to get thee other classes to do something they are not designed for. I.E recon and c4.
It's. fucking recon. He should be up on a rooftop with an over view of the enemy.

Now the Assault class needs a little more balancing. Auto revive is dumb. I would rather switch that out for. an Item like an Ammo pack. It only refills bullets.

you are limiting what we can do and can't do buy trying to change everything.
simply Hardline is Close quarters. you are forcing classes to do things the maps are not designed for. not only that but your taking away from I wanna try this class out. you are forcing people to play one class because the other classes are just unbalanced and have nothing really for them.
if I do decide to get hardline, I will not give ammo to any recon. I won't even run the damn class.
M240B 13,600 kills. All Primary and Universal weapons Mastered. on Bf3. People without vehicle kills, Don't even battlefield.
syf-CryptiK
2014-12-15 03:02 , edited 2014-12-15 03:03 by syf-CryptiK
SilentShadowfox said:
no no and no. The Support Player has always been the C4 and Ammo guy. Right now, the classes don't look promising. Shotguns and Battlerifles?
Really? no. that already is stupid. I get that hardline is a spin off. But Seriously? battle rifles and shotguns. Okay He is breaching. So he should get the c4 and Ammo. the main reason I have loved Support so much from Bf3 and bf4 is because I have Ammo. I don't have to run all over the map. I have an Ammo box and I can sit down with an Lmg and Cover the corridor. I can C4 a Bridge. i don't feel stuck and useless whenever I happen to run into any vehicles. boom c4.

Ok Battlefield 3 was your first Battlefield got it. Battlefield 3 was also the very first time Support got C4 The Support classes existed well before then and function perfectly fine if not better without it.

You are exactly the type of person I'm talking about Someone who would love to sit on an Ammo pack all day and camp the same spot thank you very much for proving my point in this thread and I''m still bewildered that a lot more people don't see the problem.

SilentShadowfox said:
Stop trying to get thee other classes to do something they are not designed for. I.E recon and c4.
It's. fucking recon. He should be up on a rooftop with an over view of the enemy.

Again Complete and utter lack of knowledge when it comes to Battlefield DID YOU KNOW that the recon had C4 before it was even thought of for Support and it functioned amazingly? It actually made Recon players DO something.
PimpingBunny69
US Enlisted: 2011-11-10
2014-12-15 06:30
Give operator the ammo bag, give enforcer the med kit.
Smaisteri
FI Enlisted: 2011-10-27
2014-12-15 16:42 , edited 2014-12-15 16:44 by Smaisteri
I can't imagine C4/breaching charge is going to do any good to some gamemodes like hotwire. You have to drive around in a vehicle as fast as you can to get points towards victory. Now imagine that gamemode after people get the idea to set up breaching charge traps at every single road and as you try to play the objective you'll get blown up constantly.
Lasers pew pew.

Thread is locked.
Thread is locked.